Kinser

Does anyone know what his status is with IU?  I'm a huge fan of both he and Coughlin but it seemed kinda clear at the beginning of the season that he was the better wrestler to step on the mat for IU (as much as I wanted a former AA in Coughlin to finally step it up this year and again achieve that status)......Did he lose a wrestle off..injured...other?  I was surprised not to see him even enter at the Midlands unattached.

Yeah Kinser has quite a little buzz going around him this year. He is always that wild card that could upset anyone in the weight class, but this year I see his name thrown around a lot. How he performs @ big10's this year will be very telling. Can't wait.

• 3 weeks later...

A little Kinzer trivia that I really shouldn't tell on myself....

Just prior to the faceoff at the Individual State Finals his Senior year, Kinser approaches me-I was the Assistant Supervisor of Officials that year-and asks if the singlet he is wearing is legal. The singlet was circa 1970's and just a bit short in the inseam. I asked him where he came up with that thing and he told me it was the one his dad wore when he won his state title. I ask Jim Russell-the Supervisor of Officials-to take a look at it and tell him the story behind it.

We both agree the singlet is "ok".

Once in a while what is best for wrestling isn't exactly what is written in the rule book

A little Kinzer trivia that I really shouldn't tell on myself....

Just prior to the faceoff at the Individual State Finals his Senior year, Kinser approaches me-I was the Assistant Supervisor of Officials that year-and asks if the singlet he is wearing is legal. The singlet was circa 1970's and just a bit short in the inseam. I asked him where he came up with that thing and he told me it was the one his dad wore when he won his state title. I ask Jim Russell-the Supervisor of Officials-to take a look at it and tell him the story behind it.

We both agree the singlet is "ok".

Once in a while what is best for wrestling isn't exactly what is written in the rule book

Thanks for sharing that grecoref.  I love hearing stories like this.