Who has Beat the the State Champ and Runner up and not Place top 5?

FCFIGHTER170

Who has beat the State Champ and Runner-up in the same year and even place in the top 5?  My former Team Mate  at New Castle Terrel Coatie beat both Danny Williams and Matt Conkling in the same year and finished 7th! He beat Danny at SS and Conkling at team state. I am curious if anyone knows any others who have done the same. BTW I am a newbie How do I change my status from Sectional Qualifier to SS qualifier...I got be 2 years in a row in the Ticket round :( Bad memories haha..thanks to all

I saw in 92' Ester (Snider) beat state runner  Wilson (Warsaw) in the ticket round at Ft.Wayne semi state. I'm sure there are alot of other instances of this happening just can't think of any at this moment.

Almost forgot R.Baker (Bellmont ) beating Woodson (Snider) I believe 3x's and Baker place 6th while Woodson won state.

At 50 posts you move up to a regional qualifier

Also on topic 2 years ago, Odom of Warren Central beat Wright of Cathederal early in the season, and Nick did not make it out of SS that year. Losing to Nelsen of LN in the 1st match.

Is it just me or do we have a reading problem?

The question was: name a wrestler that has beaten a state champ and a runner-up (I assume in the same year) and not placed in the top five?

Most of the answers so far have been: I beat him this year and I beat him three years ago.

Did your wrestler beat the existing champion and the runner-up this year?

Am I just a Grumpy Old Fart or do I have a point to make?

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

Is it just me or do we have a reading problem?

The question was: name a wrestler that has beaten a state champ and a runner-up (I assume in the same year) and not placed in the top five?

Most of the answers so far have been: I beat him this year and I beat him three years ago.

Did your wrestler beat the existing champion and the runner-up this year?

Am I just a Grumpy Old Fart or do I have a point to make?

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

I'm sure you know the phrase "He hears what he wants to hear".  This is related..."They read what they want to read"

I beat a kid in Jr. High, who was a 3X SQ,  State Runner-Up one year and placed third the next year.....LOL

Sorry Elder, just trying to get a rise out of ya'! lol  You're not grumpy....you just pay attention to detail!

yes, the elder is right, but i do like hearing about some of the unique situations that have been brought up.  who could forget about freeman beating galka and harris at the same tournament.  i am going to start a seperate topic so we don't make tae any madder!  ;)

At 50 posts you move up to a regional qualifier

Also on topic 2 years ago, Odom of Warren Central beat Wright of Cathederal early in the season, and Nick did not make it out of SS that year. Losing to Nelsen of LN in the 1st match.

welllll i better hurry up and hit 50 so i can be a cool kid........everyones doing it right??

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.