140:  Sandefer vs. Stahl

145: Young vs. Corpe

152: McMurray vs. Bennett

160: Runyan vs. Powell

171: Duckworth vs. Atwood

189: Shrewsbury vs. Graber

215: Cleveland vs. Baker

HWT: Chalfant vs. Arthur

What if the draw has them on the same side of the bracket??

Pretty good predictions! 

Few changes id throw in there:

119- Eppert vs. Wright (If he makes the drop)

135- Roach vs. Dillon or (Dillon vs. March) depending on which side of bracket they fall on

140- Mandefur vs. Surma or Mcginley (Depending on draw)

Look for New Castles 103 and 112 to be in finals regaurdless of draw.

I think Campbell will be there but I'm not as convinced about Mullins.  I think there are at least a couple of guys better than Mullins, so with him the draw will be more of a deciding factor.

littlevito has a point, the draw does have an impact on the two wrestlers in the finals.  There have been times where the top 2 wrestlers were on the same side of the bracket.

These would be my picks with their current weight classes ! But like said earlier could be different with draws and upsets !

103  Ayersman vs  Phillips

112  Nelsen vs  Hawkins

119  Brooks vs  Johns

125  Quiroga vs  Tsirtsis

130  Harper vs  Spencer

135  Roach  vs  March

140  Sandefer  vs  Sims

145  Young vs  McGinley

152  Bennet vs  Mosier

160  Runyan vs  Todd

171  Atwood vs  Wedding

189  Shrewsbury vs  Graber

215  Baker vs  Hodges

285  Chalfant vs  White

I think whoever does the brackets should actually use some sense and not put the best two ppl on the same side.

i mean March had Harper last year in semis, and it sucks March got third

i think he coulda beaten Porras and took second....again

but like having Nelso and Hawkins on the same side? thats not right

some consideration should go in it, and not just blindly do it

I think whoever does the brackets should actually use some sense and not put the best two ppl on the same side.

It's funny you should say that because the brackets are done with a random blind draw.  I like the blind draw.  If you are really the best kid in the bracket then who cares whether you wrestle the 2nd best kid in the finals or the semi-finals?

It's funny you should say that because the brackets are done with a random blind draw.  I like the blind draw.  If you are really the best kid in the bracket then who cares whether you wrestle the 2nd best kid in the finals or the semi-finals?

well i think it just really shows you really is the 2nd or 3rd best in state

it may not be much, but why not have the best two wrestlers saved for last?

and i still think there should be a second wrestleback round

That is what makes it exciting, and makes kids realize that every match is important depending on where you place at regionals and semi-state. The draw is great. There would be no real way at placing the two best in seperate brackets.  Just cause someone might think that "so and so" are the two best, there will be other people thinking different.  Even by having a seeding meeting it still wouldn't work out.  It would get out of hand with coaches arguing for seeds, cause it is to hard to seed a tournament like the state finals. The blind draw is the only real way to make an unbiased competitive tournament.

Look for New Castles 103 and 112 to be in finals regaurdless of draw.

I think Campbell will be there but I'm not as convinced about Mullins.  I think there are at least a couple of guys better than Mullins, so with him the draw will be more of a deciding factor.

agree :)

Hey... I am all for the wrestlebacks, but keep the blind draw.  I guess I have come to the conclusion that wrestlebacks have about as much of a chance as getting that semi-state out of Merrillville.  Or making the consolation matches a full 6 minutes which bothers the hell out of me that they are shorter, but nobody else seems to care. 

it wouldn't take too long to seed the 4 semi-state champs would it? you can just go by wherether they faced eachother  that year or who went the farthest in past seasons. it still might not be perfect but it would be some thing. there wouldn't need to be that much of a meeting.but lets say 2 unbeatens faced in the semis of state and the other semis has two guys with lets say 5 losses each. you think its fair for a guy that enter the state with 5 losses to wrestle under the lights while a guy that enters unbeaten doesn't? what if that guy with 5 losses has lost confence, sectional, region, and semi state to the guy that's gets his first loss in semi finals. I know it probably will never happen this way, but what if. some of the greatest matches at state have came in the semis. wouldn't you rather watch those matches under the lights?

By the way I wasn't talking about any real situation that I know of so sry if this has actually happened this exact way before. I wasn't trying to call anyone out.

it wouldn't take too long to seed the 4 semi-state champs would it? you can just go by wherether they faced eachother  that year or who went the farthest in past seasons. it still might not be perfect but it would be some thing. there wouldn't need to be that much of a meeting.but lets say 2 unbeatens faced in the semis of state and the other semis has two guys with lets say 5 losses each. you think its fair for a guy that enter the state with 5 losses to wrestle under the lights while a guy that enters unbeaten doesn't? what if that guy with 5 losses has lost confence, sectional, region, and semi state to the guy that's gets his first loss in semi finals. I know it probably will never happen this way, but what if. some of the greatest matches at state have came in the semis. wouldn't you rather watch those matches under the lights?

By the way I wasn't talking about any real situation that I know of so sry if this has actually happened this exact way before. I wasn't trying to call anyone out.

Actually it has happened before, at least once.  Mark Rosenbalm from Merrillville beat the same kid from Chesterton in a dual meet, the finals of conference, and every step of the state tournament.  Those were the only matches the kid from Chesterton lost that year.

Does anyone think there is a lock to win it this year.  Years past you knew Howe, Tsirtsis, Angel and some others were going to win and the real race was for second. 

Cashe only beat Tsirtsis by one earlier in the year so that could go either way, and if Harper is not 100% healthy he could get knocked off as well. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.