***New Team Rankings *** Released 1/6

decbell1

Looks like Hamilton Heights might make an appearence on the next rankings IMO.

ff

Hamilton Heights smoked ranked Westfield last night 43 to 26. Also earlier in the season they lost a close 35 to 30 match against Portage. I agree with fearless fly. I will be surprised if we don't see Hamilton Heights in the next team rankings. But with that close loss to #9 ranked Portage I don't see why they aren't at least in the honorable mention category at this point.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is, they hadn't beaten anyone even in consideration for the rankings, and had a loss to unranked Pendleton Heights at the beginning of the year. A 6th place finish at the Spartan also did not help their cause, losing to unranked Roncalli, South Dearborn, and Mt. Vernon.

A win over Westfield will probably put them in contention for 19-20-21 right now, especially considering that the loss to Pendleton was on Nov. 22.

Joe,

I appreciate you answering my question. As I said it was an honest question I understand your logic my only comment is that if we are going to make an assumption as someone said, than we should also assume and take into account the difficult schedule that MD takes on every year, especially the Ohio tournament. I've been around wrestling for a long time and I can tell you that tournment is brutal and demanding.

Anyway doesn't matter Indiana will decide it in six or so weeks. Again thanks for all your efforts! It gives us old farts something to talk about.

How does anyone in Indiana know how "difficult" the Ohio tournament is?  Maybe if a Mishawaka, PM or CP goes, they would walk right thru it too.

From what I recall, Ham Heights only beat Pendleton Heights by 1/2 point at Connersville.  Not sure what the Ham Heights line up was that day - but Pendleton's HW was out w/ an injury, so we put in a first-timer, noticeably small, Freshman in at HW for that tournament, who did an outstanding job -but it could have gone in the record books a little differently on any given day!  :)  Don't count Pendleton out of the Honorable Mention category!  We're excited to be there, and would like to see a number assigned to the name at some point!

We'll see you again at sectionals HH!    ;D

(And if anyone knocks my sentence structure or grammer, I'll knock ya into next Tuesday w/ a raslin momma slap!)

Joe,

I appreciate you answering my question. As I said it was an honest question I understand your logic my only comment is that if we are going to make an assumption as someone said, than we should also assume and take into account the difficult schedule that MD takes on every year, especially the Ohio tournament. I've been around wrestling for a long time and I can tell you that tournment is brutal and demanding.

Anyway doesn't matter Indiana will decide it in six or so weeks. Again thanks for all your efforts! It gives us old farts something to talk about.

How does anyone in Indiana know how "difficult" the Ohio tournament is?  Maybe if a Mishawaka, PM or CP goes, they would walk right thru it too.

There have been years that Mater Dei did not win that "difficult" tournament in Ohio but they did win the team state championship in Indiana. That is how we know how "difficult" that tournament is.

From what I recall, Ham Heights only beat Pendleton Heights by 1/2 point at Connersville.  Not sure what the Ham Heights line up was that day - but Pendleton's HW was out w/ an injury, so we put in a first-timer, noticeably small, Freshman in at HW for that tournament, who did an outstanding job -but it could have gone in the record books a little differently on any given day!  :)  Don't count Pendleton out of the Honorable Mention category!  We're excited to be there, and would like to see a number assigned to the name at some point!

We'll see you again at sectionals HH!     ;D

(And if anyone knocks my sentence structure or grammer, I'll knock ya into next Tuesday w/ a raslin momma slap!)

Weemom, you rock and I completely agree with you on all aspects. I have a lot of respect for Coach Cloud. I consider him a great friend and coach. The relationship between Hamilton Heights and Pendleton Heights is starting to become an interesting rivalry. It should be a great Sectional this year adding Anderson Highland and a few other in the mix like Noblesville. Both teams should at least be honorable mention. Westfield took a hit against HH but pins made a huge difference in the score. They too are a great team. Good luck!

Tim Weber

The fact is, they hadn't beaten anyone even in consideration for the rankings, and had a loss to unranked Pendleton Heights at the beginning of the year. A 6th place finish at the Spartan also did not help their cause, losing to unranked Roncalli, South Dearborn, and Mt. Vernon.

A win over Westfield will probably put them in contention for 19-20-21 right now, especially considering that the loss to Pendleton was on Nov. 22.

Hamilton Heights was a little rocky in their first tournament of the year when they faced Pendleton Heights but since then they have progressed and i see ALOT of potential on the team especially in the middle weight classes. Matt Miller has returned from being inelligable and will make a great addition to the team at 152 pounds. I think by sectionals we will see a turn-around from the Hamilton Heights we saw previously.

The relationship between Hamilton Heights and Pendleton Heights is starting to become an interesting rivalry. It should be a great Sectional this year adding Anderson Highland and a few other in the mix like Noblesville.

I agree.  PHHS has been looking "up" to Hamilton Heights and Anderson Highland for a few years now.  Noblesville definitely needs to be taken into consideration too.  They gave Pendleton a close call at the Super 6.  The interesting thing is, you can actually feel the camaraderie between all these teams, when they're all in the stands together.  I'm very grateful for this "friendly" rivalry!  :)

Mater Dei has never walked thru this tourney. They didn't win it this year, they got third. There are some very good teams and wrestlers there every year, and Mater Dei gets great experience from it. Anyone with any wrestling knowledge can just look at some of the teams that wrestle there and realize that it's a good tourney.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.