Indiana wrestlers at Michigan Duals

nosoccermomhere

Indiana All-Stars Gold                Indiana All-Stars Blue

40- Alex Cottey                                    Isaiah Litherland

45- Kane Elgi                                        Johnny Alessia

50- Justice Cash                                  Aiden Warren

55- Drew Hildebrandt/ Clay Egli  Alex Grino

60- Will Egli                                          Boone Welliver

65- Nick Ellis                                        Tyler Ferguson / Noah Warren

70- Drew Hughes                                Quinn Harris

75- Jake Tucker                                    Tyler Griffith

80- Tommy Cash                                  Dardin Schurg

85- Chase Osborn                                  Jason Crary

90- Garrett Wilson                              Christian Bennett

95- Breighton Mullinix                      Brendon Helm

100- Conner James                              Patrick Schnell

106- Joey Mammolenti                      Jacob Stevenson

112- Isaiah Kemper                              Dezman Goddard

119- Ryan Guhl                                    Robert Manns

125- Scottie Sopko                                Dylen Goddard

135- Chase Dixon

HWT Cory Chrstman                        Caleb Martin

Thank you to the coaches

Lance Ellis /Shane Tucker                Juan Grino / Jamie Welliver

What a great experience for the kids! We had a great time. Thanks Brandi for all your work putting this together for everyone. Fantastic competition, some of the best youth wresters in the eastern half of the country. Everyone competed very hard.

Mike Crary

Congrats to Red Cobra also going 4-1 in duals defeating MYWA East AllStars 79-19 , North Akron 92-6 , Pennsylvania All American 66-25 , Indiana All Stars Gold 42-37 (great matches from beginning to end) and the only loss to CMS (Chase Metcalf Studs )37-53. Great wrestling by all Indiana teams congrats to all involved with organizing and coaching.

I ran out of time when posting the line-ups and had to get into the arena.  Here is the middle school line-up.  They finished 3rd

70- Stevan Micic

75- Jacob Cottey

80- Max Buckley

85- Cody LeCount

90- Levi Moss

95- Tommy Forte

100-Jack Bolin

105- Kenny Hughes

110- Neal Molloy

115- Robby Elsea

120- Adam Garcia

125- Dustin Schurg

132- Chris Katsofaros

140- Clayton Fiddler

145- Mitch Hensley

152- Austin Neibarger

160- Mitch Sliga

180- Tyler Matthews

HWT Wesley Bernard

Thank you to the coaches Ed Pendoski and Bill Hawkins

I was so proud of all the boys who competed this weekend they all showed great sportsmanship and proved that Indiana is a great wrestling state.

The two teams that placed ahead of them were made up of studs from multiple states ( which is with in the rules of the tournament) and this and the Indiana elementary teams were made of Indiana wrestlers only and they did great!  You did your state proud this weekend!

I usually am typical dad yelling for my boy and for his team mates,  But the match between indiana gold and red cobra was great!!  I always tell my son, Isaiah Kemper, that we go to these tournaments to wrestle the best kids possible.  Win or lose, effort and focus is always the goal.  He can not always be "top dog" but I always expect hard work and good sportsmanship.  And with having said this, both teams were the example of why we drove seven hours to compete.  The atmosphere of the mat with the kids and parents was awesome!!  The kids determination and grit is a great example that Indiana is a state with talent and depth.  I am a proud parent of a very good wrestler.  I am also very proud of a solid Indiana Gold team and a very good Red Cobra team!  Congratulations to you both!  And thanks coaches Lance and AJ and Brandi Cash for the opportunity.

Jason Kemper

Good to see so many Indiana kids wrestle this past weekend! I hope we can build on this and send teams next year to the Virginia Challenge and the Maryland duals this spring. I hope to see the younger ones at the TN. elem. duals! should be fun, last year was great, seeing all the Indiana kids compete hard and bond with one another.

Congratulations to Austin Gonzales on going undefeated on the day for CMS -Chase Metcalf Studs. Chase is the late brother of current Iowa star Brent Metcalf. The club is a non-for-profit club set up by those that were close to Chase to help youth wrestling.

Austin was on one of those teams that had wrestlers from more than one state, two, IN. and MI. They were hardly All-Stars, two weight classes were forf.'s and had several wrestlers not win a match the entire day and several more win just one.  The team was put together by wrestlers who had not been invited to be on a team or were asked the day before at the individual tournament. They had the advantage of a long break in the afternoon while other teams wrestled and have Red Cobra coming off an emotional high in their big win against Indiana Gold. All three Indiana youth teams were great teams {I didn't get a chance to see the M.S. team, I know they were good though as evident of their high finish}. I thought Indiana Gold and Red Cobra were probably the best two elem. teams there, but match ups, team draws and emotional drains contributed to not seeing these two excellent teams meet in the finals. The match between Indiana Gold and Red Cobra would have made for a great championship meet, one that probably could go either way if wrestled again. Congratulations to both of those teams and Indiana Blue.

The match up between IN Gold and Red Cobra had to be the most exciting of the tournament (not biased at all).   So many of the matches were back and forth and nail biters to the end with all of the boys giving 100%.   Thank you to all of the wrestlers, coaches, and parents of both teams for keeping a friendly rivalry fun and exciting.   

Team IN Red Cobra

Tyson Lane

Trey Lane

Sam Fair

Ty Mills

Chad Red

Brock Hudkins

Brayton Lee

Alston Bane

Nathan Walton

Blake Rypel

Tristen McDaniel

Ben Stewart

Benjamin Harvey

Shane Ice

Solomon Fair

Gabe Estes

Evan Smiley

Blake Schjoll

Jasion Brogan

CONGRATS BOYS!

Tammy,

You are right. It was very exciting and competitive during the match and then  seeing the kids talking and pretty much playing after the match said alot for the friendship these kids have with each other. I think it showed the other states that Indiana wrestling is working its way to the top.

Here are the individual results between Red Cobra and Indiana Gold

Red Cobra 42  Indiana Gold 37

40- Cottey won by FF

45- Lane def Egli by fall 1:47

50- Fair def Cash 5-0

55- Mills def Hildebrant 4-0

60- Red def Egli 7-1

65- Hudkins def Ellis 3-2

70- Hughes def Lee by fall 2:44

75- Tucker def Bane by TF

80- Cash def Walton 4-0

85- Rypel def Osborne by fall 1:59

90- McDaniel def Wilson 7-6

95- Stewart def Mullins 4-0

100- Harvey def James 1-0

106- Mammolenti def Ice by fall 1:35

112- Kember def Fair by fall :46

119- Estes def Guhl 6-1

125- Smiley def Sopko 4-3 OT

135- Schjoll def Dixon 11-8

HWT- Christman def Brogan by fall 1:47

Great dual many of the matches could have gone either way and Gold was deducted 1 team point for coaches conduct(I saw nothing wrong with Lances conduct).

I was right there for that one, and the funny thing about that was that the ref said he "didn't hear what Lance said, but he didn't like his attitude, and he was out of the coaches box".  Interesting huh... So without a coaches box warning or any warning at all he took a point. I thought overall throughout the officiating was just descent. That particular ref put himself in a tough spot more than once during that duel with some very quick calls. His alternate also made a couple of phantom locking hands calls that he was out of position for. I have video of one locking hands call that he would have needed x-ray vision to make. The hands didn't look to be touching. Of course I have the benefit of video, but the ref would have literally had to see through the wrestlers. If he wanted to take a point he should have taken on when a headgear was thrown after a match. That?s a rule that is on the book?s.

I don?t want to overshadow the fact that is was a GREAT duel, nor downplay the success of Red Cobra. The crowd around the mat was awesome, it seemed like everyone came to watch.

On another note, in what I thought were the matches of the day, Carver James beat Dominic Suttermister twice. Both by one point and once in OT. I don't think Suttermister has lost twice in the last three years.

It's pretty funny how I am always the loud, big, nut case in the corner and Lance always gets it from the officials? All Lance has to do is open his mouth and he gets nailed? Meanwhile, I am breaking 10 rules per match and nothing happens to me? It was the same in Tennessee... ??? It must be my 180lb frame and good looks, huh?

Good stuff! LOL... :) :) :)

It's pretty funny how I am always the loud, big, nut case in the corner and Lance always gets it from the officials? All Lance has to do is open his mouth and he gets nailed? Meanwhile, I am breaking 10 rules per match and nothing happens to me? It was the same in Tennessee... ??? It must be my 180lb frame and good looks, huh?

lol, think about it Shane. This happened to me in youth football this year. I'm 5'11" 190. The other 3 coaches went 6'5" 400, 6'5"380, and 6'1" 300. It doesn't matter who says what, it's easier to tell the smallest guy to shut up, he can go tell the big guys.

On a side note, in the previous post of the results between Redd Cobra and Gold, the 95# match, it's Mullinix, not Mullins.

You probably wear your badge around your neck and have your gun pointed at the ref.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.