Jeff Sectional

center7024

Phscoach Bailey hasnt wrestled the New Wash kid.  I talked to Tanner Howard from Scottsburg and he said he had some wars with him though. I think they met up at Warrior classic the Tanner getting the best of him.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Sampson the red headed kid? A good kid who has been around and beat some good kids over the past few years.I don't feel he is a champ but will turn some heads next weekend. I sware to god he will. Does that mean jboy can't talk or yell senseless nonsense  at sectional god I hope so!

the only times i know hutchinson wrestled was a tourney in ky (north hardin maybe)  and old capitol.  im sure he has his weigh ins but he record was below 10 matches at old cap.  i dont think he saw either of them this year i believe they are early on corydons sched  so i guess we will have to wait till the seeding meetings.

he beat duran for confrence last year also. he has finally figured a few moves out and its payin off. i believe he placed high at the old cap also.  corydon is way down this year but they have alot of youth i wouldnt be surprised to see some of the kids who are freshman this year who dominated locally as 8th graders last year come out next year.

Im going to go ahead and post my top 4 seeds in the weight classes that i am VERY interested in

Stotridge CH

Martin NA

Miller JE

Duran CH

Gary NA

Hutchinson CO

Weekly JE

Salguero PR

Witt FC

Walker JE

Rodriguez NA

Falardo CO

May CH

Blackman FC

Kissinger NA

Really Interested in this one

Cook PR

Tatgenhorst JE

I dont get it, Is Jeff not a good dual team? They almost beat Mater Dei .  The only matches they havent done well at are Franklin ( didnt have Jon Clark or it is a victory instead of a 4point loss.  Holt Michigan #2 in the state of michigan Lost by 20. Lost by 20 to Castle, Lost by 30 to Yorktown wrestled with 5 JV, bloomington south wrestled without Browner or it goes down as a victory  and Floyd with a bunch of JV.  After watching Jeff all year the only teams that the cant beat even with their best are Castle, Yorktown and Holt Michigan.  Castle and Yorktown are the best teams i have seen this year. We saw Perry Meridian , Warren Central and I still think Castle and yorktown are better. I could be wrong about that though..Dont worry I think Jeff will represent this area fine.

First off I would tell you to hold true to your word and stop posting because Floyd nearly beat Trinity, but I have been told that Trinity did not have there full lineup, but I wont because your posts are just too amusing, you have held onto the idea that jeff "almost" beat Mater Dei, you do realize that Mater Dei beat Castle right??? If they wanted to I am sure Mater Dei would have taken Jeff out to the woodshed.. yes Jeff is a good team, no one is saying that they arent especially after the beating they put on everyone at the HHC, I dont really think they could compete with some of the above mentioned teams though... and P.S no team in the state has there full line up in for every dual and tournament

Curtis is doing well. He had a rough time up at franklin with Yorktown,Holt .  He other than that weekend has wrestled well all year.  I think he will peak at the right time.  I believe the whole Jeff roster will be at their best this weekend for the Sectional.

As far as the repeated examples from many people that "this team did not have their full line up" or "that team wrestled 4 JV wrestlers;" they do not stand up. Hardly any team, even the best teams, can field their full varsity line up every meet. If everything was done hypothetically, the Arizona Cardinals would not be playing for the Super Bowl title nor would the New York Giants have won last year. There would be no need to play the games or wrestle the matches.

Wrestling is great because whoever steps up to the color that day IS the varsity wrestler and they are there to do a job. Whoever you field a team with that day is who you won or lost with that day. The best of the best can insert a wrestler here or there and still win the meet because their kids are in the mat room pushing the varsity kids and making themselves better at the same time. That is how you can tell you have a great program.

Whether or not Mater Dei wrestled some JVs against Jeff, they still won. Whether or not Trinity wrestled a couple of JVs against FC, they still won. Whether or not FC wrestled some JVs against Jeff last year in team regionals, they still won.

Since when did wrestlers start making excuses like some of the other sports we all like to "take shots" at?

Trinity wrestled almost the exact same line up against FC as they did Jeffersonville...

Either way I wish the best of luck to all wrestlers in this sectional, and whichever team wins it, I hope they will represent this sectional well at the regional

Give it a rest.  You sound like a broken record.

The truth is Jeff has a really good team, but I seriously doubt you'll hear the Jeff wrestlers give an excuse for losing to good programs.  In time, if Jeff continues on its current path, they will be beating these teams.

I admire the program and what coach Struck has done, but you are giving Jeff a bad rap by making excuses galore!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.