Jeff Sectional

center7024

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On paper, Jeff should beat Floyd.  Floyd outgunned Jeff at HHC Dual.  Jeff has improved a  ton since, so it shall be very interesting come sectional time.  I can't predict...

Under the new format, only the Sectional Champ moves on in Team Competition, so 2nd or 8th doesn't really matter...

jeff is a strong tournament team. this sectional appears to be much weaker than in years past, but it is hard to tell since no one is really posting results....

who all is in the sectional this year? same as last year?

jeff, new albany, floyd, charlestown, corydon, new wash, christian academy, salem,eastern, drawing a blank but im pretty sure 10 because southridge is now even with us with crawford added there.  i think floyd beats jeff all day head to head but with the other teams mixed in ill take jeff in a tourney

from what i see jeff is doing a lot of winning against a lot of great schools. i heard fc has struggle recently but ive not saw any results anywhere. last year at this time a lot of people were doin a lot of talkin but i dont here nothing this year. maybe theres a reason.

ill put my $$$ on jeff

Well i officially change my answer, Floyd did terrible at Mater Dei and Jeff did exceptionaly well at Scottsburg, Floyd is slipping and their team is going down hill in a flurry!!!  The F.C. coaches need to understand that their just kids. Jeff has my vote

finally another person who knows what there talkin about! only time will tell for those who havent come around. unlike in november our votes dont count but our support will.

Floyd still has a good team and they proved it at the HHC meet.  I figured the Jeff/Floyd match would end up being a battle but Floyd opened it up and proved they are a team to beat.  Reguardless of some of their pitfalls this season they obviously have a team that contend for the sectional title.   Y

You can not count Jeff out of Sectionals either with the talent loaded and determined roster that they have.  Struck knows how to prepare his team for big events and will be sure to have them focused come sectionals.  I'm sure the will have the Floyd match from the HHC meet in the  back if their mind during the HHC tourny as well as sectionals. 

Many of you are over looking the fact that this is not a dual meet to determine sectional champs but a tournament.  The sectional title will probably end up coming down to two things. 

1.The outside factors of what other teams studs take out either a Floyd or Jeff kid.  The other teams getting points that could have been either Jeff or Floyds will be a big factor in the outcome.

2.  How both these teams kids bounce back in the wrestleback rounds if they are eliminated from the championship bracket.  Some kids seem to lose focus and if they are not going for the title just stop wrestling.  However, in a close race like this one it will come down to advancement point as well as bonus points in the wrestlebacks too.   Scoring points and bonus points on top of that will be a factor in who wins.  Even the 5th/6th match will be huge for either team if they also can pull of a few bonus points in them, as well.   Obviously the seeding will do a lot in determining which of these two teams has an advantage, but it doesn't necessarily mean everything if you can't wrestle to your seed or above it.

This should be a sectional to follow this year and the new criteria for which team advances just adds more pressure to both team to preform to their upmost ability.

" Scoring points and bonus points on top of that will be a factor in who wins. "   ::)

I never knew you had to score more points than the other guy to win.  Thanks for clearing that up

Sorry I guess I have to clarify the post since I wasn't talking about match scoring but the advacenment and bonus points you can get in a tournament which some kids lose sight of once they are eliminated from the winners bracket.   You look at the reason a team wins a close sectional race the bonus points they gain from majors, tech falls, and pins in the winners bracket as well as wrestleback (over just winning a match by a regular decsion) usually is the factor that stands out.   In other words the Floyd and Jeff kids can't lose sight of the ultimate goal of a sectional team title even if they get eliminated from the winners bracket.   To many kids see this as time to give up and wrestle the rest of the event in a daze just squeeking out wins or even losing close matches.   If a kid isn't completely focused on wrestling their best in the wrestleback rounds of sectionals then they may be costing their team valuable bonus points that could be the difference.

I completly agree and that is why jeff is the team I am picking to win. Coach Struck knows how to motivate his wrestlers as well as anyone in the state. And I am not sure if, since they switched head coaches if the floyd boys can compete

The Floyd boys found a way to at the HHC meet, so we can see that they have it in them.  We will have to see at the HHC tourny which team is currently better suited to grind it out in a tournament style format.  That day may be a telling sign to what we may see come sectionals for these two teams.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.