Southern Indiana Athletic Conference **Brackets Posted**

rgray

I tell you what...after Saturday's performance by both Castle and Mater Dei, I can't wait for team regionals.  Like yesterday, I think it will come down to bonus points for either team.  This was a different Castle team than the one I saw last December.  However, Mater Dei makes a living off of upsets and getting pins.  If both teams win their sectionals, this will be one hell of a first-round meet.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

103-MD,MD

112-MD,CA

119-MD,MD

125-MD,MD

130-MD,CA

135-MD,CA

140-MD,MD

145-MD,CA

152-CA,CA

160-MD,MD

171-CA,CA

189-CA,CA

215-CA,CA

285-MD,MD

In December MD won easily.  They also found a way to win the SIAC, like MD always does. 

The results on the left are from the first dual.  The results on the right are mostly head to head matchups this weekend.  Based off some changes at 112,130.135,145 you can see why this could be a great match.  Castle will have to stay away from pins and win the close one's.  MD usually finds a way to win.  Should be fun.

The dispute was over whether the wrestler really got hit in the eye.  This has been called twice this year in matches that I have watched and both times it was late in the third period between these two wrestlers and called when the one went running backwards holding his eye.  I think the timing of it happening two weeks in a row in the last seconds to get it to overtime is the reason it was so disputed.  Good move on his part.  I compare it to the punter that acts like he gets smashed into, so he can get a roughing the kicker call.  As long as there will be new officials, he can use it again next week

Could someone explain the slaps, pokes (intentional or inadvertent), and head butts being called for points. I have witnessed much disparity in officials calls this year. I understood that any intentional contact with the face was a technical violation (?) and a loss of a point by the slapper, pokey, or butter.  Is this correct and could someone elaborate? I do believe Ritter was poked. Pettijohn is a very defensive wrestler that does keep his hands high and moving quite a lot.

*************WOW************Are You Serious!!!!

Ritter should get an OSCAR for that performance!!!  There is no love lost between these two. Actually the animosity comes from the Reitz boy as last year he wanted to fight Petti in the parking lot after the match.

We looked at the video from some of the parents and have come up with a new measurement. It seems that from now on, anything that falls in the six inch range (the distance Petti's finger was from his eye) is now and forever more to be called a Ritter. So next week in the Super Bowl when a team is a 1/2 foot from the goal line. The announcers should proclaim that they are a "Ritter" away from a touch down.

Some of the Reitz assistants and some unnamed fans also showed a lack of whatever after the match. Totally Redneck in my opinion.....

What's done is done and it's all over now. 

Ritter got the win, Pettijohn eneded up 2nd, and the sun came up this morning and both are still healthy.

BB....not sure by your name if you are a Castle person or not. But I will say that by you pie in the sky reply to this you obviously dont have a wrestler on the team. SIAC is a big deal to any wrestler. They all want to win but to win the way Reitz did was pretty much horse pucky. This was a real tough loss for Petti and the way it went down was unbelievable. Those ref's were blowing calls all day and if Petti had lost that match in a way that was his fault, then you would be correct. Dont tell Petti the sun came up today...it didnt by the way.....  Not digging on you personally dude but you got to quit being so pie in the sky and show some meat and teeth sometimes....

The way that match went down and some others for some other teams...Central etc... leaves me very apoplectic man.....geez

Ritter was lucky to even be in the finals.  He got a gift of an escape at the end of regulation against King in the semi's.  To his credit, he won it in OT, but it never should have went to OT.  I saw a lot of strange calls and the refs seemed to be unsure of themselves in many situations.

What was up with the Reitz assistant and Harmon jawing back and forth during and after the 152 final.  Way to set an example for your wrestleres fellas.  I know that in the heat of the moment things happen, but that was ridiculous.

Bonus points is what won it for MD.  MD scored 34.5 bonus points while Castle only managed 14.5.  You've got to pick up pins if you are going to beat MD.

The dispute was over whether the wrestler really got hit in the eye.  This has been called twice this year in matches that I have watched and both times it was late in the third period between these two wrestlers and called when the one went running backwards holding his eye.  I think the timing of it happening two weeks in a row in the last seconds to get it to overtime is the reason it was so disputed.  Good move on his part.  I compare it to the punter that acts like he gets smashed into, so he can get a roughing the kicker call.  As long as there will be new officials, he can use it again next week

Could someone explain the slaps, pokes (intentional or inadvertent), and head butts being called for points. I have witnessed much disparity in officials calls this year. I understood that any intentional contact with the face was a technical violation (?) and a loss of a point by the slapper, pokey, or butter.   Is this correct and could someone elaborate? I do believe Ritter was poked. Pettijohn is a very defensive wrestler that does keep his hands high and moving quite a lot.

Ritter should get an OSCAR for that performance!!!  There is no love lost between these two. Actually the animosity comes from the Reitz boy as last year he wanted to fight Petti in the parking lot after the match.

We looked at the video from some of the parents and have come up with a new measurement. It seems that from now on, anything that falls in the six inch range (the distance Petti's finger was from his eye) is now and forever more to be called a Ritter. So next week in the Super Bowl when a team is a 1/2 foot from the goal line. The announcers should proclaim that they are a "Ritter" away from a touch down.

Some of the Reitz assistants and some unnamed fans also showed a lack of whatever after the match. Totally Redneck in my opinion.....

Sorry about not being serious. I only wanted to get an answer for my question. I thought you knew everything. Are you serious about a "wanted to fight in the parking lot statement." Also how could you get a good view on video with Petti's hands moving so fast in front of Ritters face? Yes things are done in the heat of battle. I'm sure everyone wishes they could take back things that are said during battle sometimes. The only thing Redneck was your comments. Were you on the Reitz side to get a good look or an earful of what was being said?  It was not a good example for coaches to be yelling at each other but somewhat understandable on the mat during an intense match. Harmon didn't leave it on the mat. Referees were unbelievably horrible all day. Control of coaches should of been handled during the match especially with two officials. Another example of very poor officiating. Definitely officials all day were very tentative and unsure of a lot of calls. The last two years officiating has been terrible. One particular official should not be allowed back to SIAC tourney.

Grap41 I think you need to go back and review the tape.  The Castle assistant is who started the talking.  I was a few rows up and heard what he said.  He pointed at the Reitz coaches (poking his finger repeatedly) saying that is bulls***! over and over again.  The Reitz assistant said don't you point and curse at me! ( I would be the same way)  If you have a problem with the call take it up with the referee not the other coaches.  Then Castles head coach started his talking on top of that.  I didn't see any other Reitz coaches do anything but try to break up or calm down the scene that the Castle coaches started.  I also scene a Castle fan or two trying to get everyone back in their seats.

And for the redneck comment .... come up with something new.

7-4-1: Unnecessary roughness is further defined to include a forceful slap to the head or face, and/or gouging or poking the eyes.

This rule is a point of emphasis this year. 

jslsrhs607 get your ears checked.  From what I hear, that's not what was said by either coach from a very credible source.  Several people have been asked that were matside and only one person (Reitz asst) said that there was foul language.  No officials heard it and Coach Ferguson didn't hear it.  Maybe he thought he heard something that he didn't.  Maybe a few rows up is a little too far away for you.  As for the poke in the eye, Ritter tried to get it called in the first period by backing away and grabbing at his eye.  They will see each other again I'm sure.

I think we can all agree this was a good week-end of wrestling, even though some questionable calls were made.  What's done is done, it's over now, and all we can do is look forward to Sectionals and possible re-matches & hope for a different outcome the 2nd time around.  That being said...

Great job to all the wrestlers who came out and made this an exciting SIAC Saturday.  Good luck this Saturday as you start the tournament series.

Could someone explain the slaps, pokes (intentional or inadvertent), and head butts being called for points. I have witnessed much disparity in officials calls this year. I understood that any intentional contact with the face was a technical violation (?) and a loss of a point by the slapper, pokey, or butter.   Is this correct and could someone elaborate? I do believe Ritter was poked. Pettijohn is a very defensive wrestler that does keep his hands high and moving quite a lot.

As you said in "my opinion", well my opinion is that you should not be calling out a kid on this website, and calling a group of parents/fans and coaches "redneck" is a bit silly. Please let me know if you disagree that Pettijohns style creates some of this, while he is wrestling he continuely moves his hands like the Karate Kid. I don't have a problem with it, it obviously works for him, he is a good wrestler.

That whole super bowl thing is really funny I will have to remember that. It's kind of like when I see a Coach bump and shove an official - We all call that  "THE HARMON".

Lastly, most of us are ok with you calling us "Rednecks", but honestly speaking we prefer to be called "Professional Rednecks".

I think we're all 8up!! lol!!!! ;D

I agree with you, but isn't it great fun and gives us old farts something to talk about all week. I promise you when our kids look back on these days they will say boy my family was passionate about it and hopefully they have the same kind of passion in their lives.........

I think we're all 8up!! lol!!!! ;D

I agree with you, but isn't it great fun and gives us old farts something to talk about all week. I promise you when our kids look back on these days they will say boy my family was passionate about it and hopefully they have the same kind of passion in their lives.........

By time my youngest gets done here in a couple years, my grandson from my oldest will be able to get on the mat, and here we go all over again!!! lol!!!

On another subject,  Clay Robison is a STUD!  I know he's beat Kercher but what are some of his other quality wins?

I'm predicting for him to place high.

I think he is a pretty decent kid all around actually.  Very well mannered and says very little.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.