connersville

bandit1990

Raley missed weight

He missed 119?

WOW!   I hate to hear that!   But rumor was he has been sick...

I'll bet there are 2 people who are even less happy about that than he is...Alex Johns and Coach Ferguson of Reitz

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Connersville update:

103: Cody Phillips (Union County) was very impressive today. He pinned the #1 ranked Kuhn (E. Reitz) in the 2nd round and then beat Brian Harvey (Cathedral) in the quarter finals 4-3. 3 of the 4 ranked wrestlers were in the same quarterfinal bracket in the awful blind draw. Mason todd is alone in the top and advanced to the semis.

112: The two ranked 112 pounders, Kieffer (Roncalli) and Roytek (Cathedral) met in the 2nd round also. Kieffer wins 4-3.

119: Ethan Raley (Indian Creek) misses weight. Charlie McGinley (Cathedral) is on to the semis in the top bracket. Johns (Reitz), Eschelman (PHeights), and Kieffer (Roncalli) were in the bottom. I am fairly positive it is Johns vs. Kieffer in the lower semi-final. I think that Johns beat Eschelman in the quarters.

125: Brandon Wright (Cath) - easy

130: Johnny Grey - Looked like a world beater. Beat Austin Sheperd of Western 17-1. Will get Tyler Clark of South Dearborn tomorrow.

135: Corsaro (Cath) loses to a kid from Dekalb; wide open weight class.

140: Tony McGinley - easy

145: Gavin Mcginley - easy

152 - Calvin sullivan (Cathedral) had a good match with Trey Reese of Indian Creek (I think that was his name) winning 6-4 in the 2nd round. I think Holt of Pendleton Heights was alive in the other bracket.

160 - Tyler Willis (Cathedral) looked excellent today too with 2 technical falls and a pin. he will get Matt todd in the semis tomorrow.

171 - All Duckworth (Union County)

189 - Zac Garrity of Hamiton Heights  

215 - One of the more impressive performances of the day came from Ft. Wayne North's Aris Allen. He is an absolute specimen getting 3 technical falls on the day including one over Cathedral's Jake Buchanan. Not sure where this young man came from, but if he stays in shape, he should be a state place winner with little doubt at Conseco.

Heavy - Weak and wide open. North Central's Cuevas or roncalli's heavy looked to be strong.  

Evansville Reitz had a tough draw today and were not Top 3 after the second round. It didn't help their 103 pounder got beat early in the 2nd round for their momentum. Roncalli has a nice complete team. They should have champs at 112 and 119 in the Kieffer brothers. They might sneak another champ out somewhere (heavy, 160)? Pendleton Heights or Union County have the best shot at multiple champs in helping advance their place in the tournament, but i think Roncalli and Hamilton Heights might have the more complete teams from top to bottom. Cathedral has 8 into the semi-finals, but certainly not their best showing. I can see them with 5 champs and 2 runners-up.

They wrestled 3 championship rounds back-to-back from 9am to 4pm. then they were blowing through all of the consolations to get caught up. They will be wrestling until 11:00pm tonight.

I forgot the brackets at the Spartan Bowl, so I can't elaborate much better this evening. Best 3 wrestlers in my opinion today were: Cody Phillips (UC), Johnny Grey (Cath), and Aris Allen (FWN) in no particular order.

119 - Keifer beat Johns 13-11 in the semis - the only details I can provide is that it sounded very exciting (I was listening on a cell phone) with some crazy scrambles and interesting calls.

Reitz has 2 freshman in the finals - 112 Moody and 125 Rueger with 152 Ritter still in the semis.  103 Kuhn, 119 Johns, 130 King, 140 Voegel, 160 James, 171 Lovelace, 189 Fentress and 215 Wimpleberg still alive in the consols.

Reitz battled back to finish 2nd place overall to Cathedral and win their division. 

103 Kuhn - 3rd

112 Moody - 2nd 

119 Johns - 3rd

125 Rueger - 2nd

130 King - 5th

140 Voegel - 3rd

152 Ritter - 2nd

160 James - 8th

171 Lovelace - 6th

189 Fentress - 6th

215 Wimpleberg - 4th

Mt. Vernon (posey) in the finals

140 JD Hoehn - 2nd

285 Alex White - Champ

here are some of the champs that i can remember

103 phillips UC

112 kieffer Ron

119 kieffer Ron

125 wright CA

130 grey CA

135 uphaus CE

140 mcginely CA

145 mcginely CA

152 sullivan CA

160 todd PH

171 duckworth UC

189 stevenson IC

215 allen FWN

285 white MV Posey

Most valuable wrestler was Cody Phillips at 103 from UC

Hamilton Heights won class A

Cathdral won class AA and overall

Reitz won class AAA and was second overall

Champs:

103 - Cody Phillips (Union County) easy over Mason Todd (PH)

112 - Kieffer (Roncalli) over Reitz; Roytek (cath) wrestlesback to 3rd

119 - Kieffer (Roncalli) over Charlie McGinley 9 - 4; Johns takes 3rd over Snider; Eschelman - 5th; J Logan 6th

125 - Wright (Cath) over Bkake Rueger (Reitz)

130 - John Grey (Cath) over Dickey (Roncalli)

135 - Centerville over Dekalb by fall (Don't know the names); Corsaro (Cath) was 3rd

140 - Tony McGinley by fall over Mt. vernon Posey

145 - Gavin McGinley by fall

152 - Sullivan (Cath)in a very tight win over Reitz's Ritter; Ritter hit a 4 point fireman's 20 seconds into the match and Sullivan fought back

160 - Matt Todd of PH, Tyler Willis (Cath) loses to him in the semis 5-2

171 - Duckworth of Union County over V. Hofmeister of Cath by fall

189 - Indian Creek kid; Garrity of HH was 3rd

215 - Aris Allen (Ft. Wayne North) by technical fall in the finals, I think it was  TF, might have been a pin

Left before heavy, but Roncalli had their heavy in the final.