• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T. Howard Jones-Jennings County

head gear -$20

wrestling shoes -$50

60 wrestlers after Christmas Break-priceless

His hard work pays off with victories and championships.

But more importantly his influences mold young men into

first class citizen, husbands, and fathers.

I would have to go with Coach Tonte and Coach Schoettle

They coach every youth practice, they are at every tournament for the kid's.  They go to almost all of the Middle School matches, Home and away. Coach Tonte took over a program that was 5-15 and has went somewhere in the neighborhood of 279-12 since.  Two of the most dedicated people I have met to promote Indiana Wrestling.

The guy that mentioned Scott Hutcherson must go futher back to see where he got it. Ron Hutcherson was always winning and motivating his wrestlers. If you watch he still has the respect of Warsaw's wrestlers. Nobody around South Bend could  leave Moe Aronson off their list.

Hey ICE135: Portage did not dominate in 1999. 

You are correct, got ahead of myself.  Hobart beat 'em at Regional.  Meant to say Pendoski picked up where Tharp left off and continued winning.  Boo to me.

Bob Harmon (castle)

The man has been around forever coaching at castle since the 80s and till he is making great wrestlers and strong teams. They just broke Mater Deis thirty year stranglehold on the team regional in the south.

Bob Harmon (castle)

The man has been around forever coaching at castle since the 80s and till he is making great wrestlers and strong teams. They just broke Mater Deis thirty year stranglehold on the team regional in the south.

I agree on coach Harmon..There is a lot more than just the head guy though. You got to look at the assisants. They are the ones who dont get paid much, if at all, and they are teaching those kids on the mat and in life every day. They do it because they want to. They give up their family time to spend it with a bunch of sweaty kids.  With Coach harmon is Brandon Taylor and Mike Brown. They are amazing with the kids!!!!!

Bob Harmon (castle)

That is an excellent point, a lot of times a successful program needs a whole team of guys. The assistants and their attitudes and knowledge of the sport are just as important. If a head coach tells the kids one thing, but the assistants show a bad attitude, a "winning is all that matters" attitude, it could be a bad thing. I would hope that contradiction would never happen though.

I agree on coach Harmon..There is a lot more than just the head guy though. You got to look at the assisants. They are the ones who dont get paid much, if at all, and they are teaching those kids on the mat and in life every day. They do it because they want to. They give up their family time to spend it with a bunch of sweaty kids.  With Coach harmon is Brandon Taylor and Mike Brown. They are amazing with the kids!!!!!

My vote for one of the best coaches (and has been retired for awhile) Al Milhajlovits (probably butchered the spelling)! Always had competitive teams at Southridge and now serves as Southridge MS principal.

John Barnett

Oh and don't forget Todd lockyear. Anyone involved with the castle program knows it wouldn't be the same without him :)

My bad...you are right...Todd is amazing!!! He likes to stir the pot....Ha is one of a kind.....

Oh and don't forget Todd lockyear. Anyone involved with the castle program knows it wouldn't be the same without him :)

My bad...you are right...Todd is amazing!!! He likes to stir the pot....Ha is one of a kind.....

He is a real tomedian. Probably the biggest one I know

Jim Humphrey

Jim Tonte

Randy Helfrich/Mike Geobel

Phil Strader

Pete McNamara

Brent Faurote

Rex Peckinpaugh

Royce Deckard

Mike Ester

drawing blanks...

You can throw Feigert in the mix also if you throw McNamara's name out there.  I believe Feigert is the only coach to win County 4x in a row still, though Tonte and Perry have to be getting close to tying or breaking that record.  Unless LN over throws them or Roncalli, which doesn't look like it is going to happen.

Rick Overfield - Western Boone (Had some tremendous teams in the 80's)

Jamie Welleiver - Southmont (Still having great teams)

JoeDad - (North Montgomery) Well He just rocks and has had some great teams

All of these guys are not just great coaches but good all around guys!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.