Traicoff results

ontherise219

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only saw the end of the 2nd and 3rd periods of Almarez/McGinley and I believe it was 4-2 going into the 3rd.  Alvarez had legs in most of 3rd, riding hard.  McGinley was not very active (early morning?) Escaped with 15 seconds left to make it 4-3.

FYI - Josh is not fully recovered from an injury.  He hasn't practiced in a bit.  Since we felt we were in a good position when his weight came up in the first three rounds, we sat him.  Had we needed a win or had his weight class been earlier in the meet, he would have wrestled regardless of who his opponent was. He wrestled the last two rounds because he is a team player and we needed his points.  Darrick Snyder

FYI - Josh is not fully recovered from an injury.  He hasn't practiced in a bit.  Since we felt we were in a good position when his weight came up in the first three rounds, we sat him.  Had we needed a win or had his weight class been earlier in the meet, he would have wrestled regardless of who his opponent was. He wrestled the last two rounds because he is a team player and we needed his points.  Darrick Snyder

Congrats on the Tricoff Championship.

Almaraz and Gavin down to 145, eh? Should make things more interesting as the season plays out! How did that match go between those two?

Almaraz got the takedown in a scramble and gavin reversed him then almaraz got an escape all in about 12 sec..  The second period almarez chose bottom and got an escape and the third third period almarez rode him  for most of it ,  but gavin got a escape late and couldnt take him down

FYI - Josh is not fully recovered from an injury.  He hasn't practiced in a bit.  Since we felt we were in a good position when his weight came up in the first three rounds, we sat him.  Had we needed a win or had his weight class been earlier in the meet, he would have wrestled regardless of who his opponent was. He wrestled the last two rounds because he is a team player and we needed his points.  Darrick Snyder

Thanks for the update Coach Snyder... hopefully Mr. Harper gets well so he can get that 4th state championship under his belt. Also, congrats on the win, and get those other wrestlers healed up so you can go and defend that State Title.

Congrats to Coach Snyder and all the Cavemen wrestlers . To win this Tournement with all the injuries is a testiment to your program . The kids really stepped up .

These are my picks for Tricoff champs

103: Brandon Harvey Cath 5-0 wins over Keif Frank, Halsted CP, Wisler Mish, Boston LN

112: Anthony Hawkins CP 5-0 wins over Beck Mish 2OT, Nelson LN,Roytek Cath 4-2 wow,

119: Matt Guerra Mish 5-0 wins over Manes Cp,C. McGinley cath,Torres Por

125: Cashe Qiuroga LN 5-0 wins over Tsirtsis CP, Wright Cath, Trujillo Jeff

130: Josh Harper Mish 2-0 But 2  big wins Shrug CP Fall, Grey Tech Fall

135: Eric Roach CP 5-0 wins over  Reinhold Mish,Bell Ln, Billman west, Corsano Cath Tech

140: Steven Sandefer Mish 5-0 wins over T. McGinley Cath3-2, Flamme CP,

145: Chris Almaraz High 5-0 wins over G. McGinley Cath,

152: Sean McMurray Por 5-0 wins all by fall

160: Mark Myers CP 5-0 wins over Willis Cath, Morin Mish, Brooks LN

171: Bryce Grimes LN 5-0 wins over Joey Smith Mish, Kooi CP, Stipp cath

189: Marcus Shrewsbury CP 5-0

215: Christian Lentz Mish 5-0

Hwt: Neal Lane Frank 5-0

Someone correct me if I'm wrong , but didn't Sandefer wrestle Sullivan from Cathedral and not T.McGinley ?

These are my picks for Tricoff champs

103: Brandon Harvey Cath 5-0 wins over Keif Frank, Halsted CP, Wisler Mish, Boston LN

112: Anthony Hawkins CP 5-0 wins over Beck Mish 2OT, Nelson LN,Roytek Cath 4-2 wow,

119: Matt Guerra Mish 5-0 wins over Manes Cp,C. McGinley cath,Torres Por

125: Cashe Qiuroga LN 5-0 wins over Tsirtsis CP, Wright Cath, Trujillo Jeff

130: Josh Harper Mish 2-0 But 2  big wins Shrug CP Fall, Grey Tech Fall

135: Eric Roach CP 5-0 wins over  Reinhold Mish,Bell Ln, Billman west, Corsano Cath Tech

140: Steven Sandefer Mish 5-0 wins over T. McGinley Cath3-2, Flamme CP,

145: Chris Almaraz High 5-0 wins over G. McGinley Cath,

152: Sean McMurray Por 5-0 wins all by fall

160: Mark Myers CP 5-0 wins over Willis Cath, Morin Mish, Brooks LN

171: Bryce Grimes LN 5-0 wins over Joey Smith Mish, Kooi CP, Stipp cath

189: Marcus Shrewsbury CP 5-0

215: Christian Lentz Mish 5-0

Hwt: Neal Lane Frank 5-0

Someone correct me if I'm wrong , but didn't Sandefer wrestle Sullivan from Cathedral and not T.McGinley ?

No, he did wrestle T. McGinley.

WOW!  Looks like this was a great tourney, and MISH is still the team to beat.  Thanks for the updates...wish I could've been there. On a side note...poor Harper...wrestling hurt and getting wins...yet still taking a beating on the boards.  Come on people...give the kid a break. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.