Looking for Hotels in Indy for State

ontherise219

I was just on Priceline looking to reserve a room in advance. So I was reading reviews and The DaysInn downtown sounds like a real Nice Joint. Pretty much they said it was the dirtiest place around. From the sounds of the reviews I would be better off sleeping in my car. Has anyone stayed there? Are the Reviews spot on?

Here are the reviews

http://travela.priceline.com/hotel/hotelReviewsGuide.do?key=fomaevrh&propID=52190&static=N&jsk=2103010a1f03010a20081212033623831911323896&plf=PCLH

We had 5 rooms there one year.... 3 were really bad (ripped carpet, holes in the wall, torn shower curtains, etc) , one was average, and one was OK. Because all we did was sleep there, and because the place was 100% full with other wrestling people, we did not feel unsafe. Rooming next to Dexter Larimore's dad and brother didn't hurt anything, though  ;)

It's cheap and it's certainly the closest hotel you can get, but I'd stay in the Southport area.... 10 minutes away on I-65

I am kind of shocked about that.  I had to stay there a few years ago when my house caught on fire and it was very nice. I also know the owner and he doesn't seem to be a penny pincher. With the new airport terminal just a couple of miles away now I couldn't imagine that it would be in bad shape now.  Anyway, I will call him up and see what kind of condition it is in now and let you know.

There are a couple of hotels in Brownsburg that are ok also. I74 and 267. About 20-25 minutes from downtown.

They just opened a new hotel up off of 82nd St and Shadeland Ave.  It's about a 20 minute drive downtown on the Northeast side.  Rooms are reasonable $79.99 a night according to their sign.  It's a brand new hotel so it can't be too dirty yet. lol.  You have plenty of places to eat and go out and relax at after a long day of wrestling if you don't want to pay the crazy prices for downtown hotels.  I know that I have been looking at downtown hotels for when I get married in June and the cheapest place I found was $120 and that was Embassy Suites.  We are looking to get a block of rooms for the out of towners but don't want to make them pay an arm and a leg seeing as the economy is in shambles. 

The hotel up off of 82nd and Shadeland Ave is a Drury Inn incase you want to look into that.  To get downtown you would just have to get on Binford Blvd and follow that until it hits Meridian right by Ivy Tech.  Turn left onto Meridian and it'll take you directly downtown.  The only reason it takes 20 minutes is b/c of all the stop lights. lol.  Just like going down 31 to get to Indy and getting stuck in Kokotucky (kokomo). 

Hoton the east side about a 10-15 minute drive to downtown.

Baymont Inn 317-322-2000

Comfort Inn 317-359-9999

Fairfield Inn 317-322-0101

Hampton Inn 317-359-9900

Holiday Inn 317-359-5341

Quality Inn 317-352-0481

I dont know much about these hotelsother then they are decent looking from the outside. and there is a Starbucks just down the street on Shadeland Ave. for you coffee drinkers. The Holiday In has a Damons ribs attached to it. The fairfield also has a Marriott, and a LaQuinta as part of the property as well.

So I should bring a pillow, lysol and a snow shovel

If you are going to bring all that, AND we have a foot of snow on the ground, talk to me, I am sure for the price of the drive, and sidewalks, I can get you down to conseco by 5:30 AM. Heck I might even spring for a cup of coffee on the way.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.