145: David Locke

152: Greg Gadbury    JV: Tim Klingensmith

160: John Ginther

171: David Palmer     JV: Aaron Kerkhof

189: Craig Locke      JV: Trent McCormick

215: Ron Riggin

285: ???

That's a little scary.

What about Shannon Stout???  He was a stud!

JV huh? At least I made the line up! ;D Shannon should definently fit on there somewhere, a 4x placewinner, I believe 6th, 5th, 2nd, and 3rd. Maybe @ 160.

103 Terry                                                                                                                                                                                             112 Wright                                                                                                                                                                                         119 Ellis                                                                                                                                                                                               125 Sakon                                                                                                                                                                          130                                                                                                                                                                                                       135 Sullivan                                                                                                                                                                                         140 McGinley, T                                                                                                                                                                                     145 McGinley, G                                                                                                                                                                  152                                                                                                                                                                                                         160 Schmaltz                                                                                                                                                                                         171 Pleak                                                                                                                                                                                                 185 Clevenger                                                                                                                                                                                     215 Hasbrook                                                                                                                                                                                       285 Cope

Here is an old timers view of the Mishawaka greats. Note, all of these wrestlers were at these wrestlers were (as I recall ;D) at these weights at some point at MHS.

98/103- Henry Wilk -state champ

112 Mike Lehman - state champ

119 Nick Weisjan - sate placer

125 Josh Harper - one of Indiana's all time greats

130 Alex Dolly - nuff said

135 John Hall - state champ

140 Vince Gresham -state champ

145 Brad Harper - state champ

152 Jason Berndt- had the flu on state final Sat. one of the best ever IMO

160 Chris Snyder- 2 x state champ

171 Steve Whestone - state runner -up if I recall

189 Ian Hinton - 2 x state champ

215 Pat Day - state champ

285 Mike Faulkner state runner -up

Nice list!

Mishawaka line-up:  It was Jim Whetstone, the older brother, 2x SQ at 160, but never placed.  Dolly's highest finish was 2nd at 171, so I would put him in there.

I'm still getting confirmation on this.  My mom is married to Jim Sr.  She said that Steve won a Regional but didn't win a semi-state or finish 2nd at state.  Jim Jr finished in the top 4 but she wasn't sure where.  Jim Jr. made it to state and made it to Saturday but had the Flu and didn't finish second but did finish in the top 5.  That's according to his father Jim Whetstone.  He has all the newspaper clippings and such but I have never seen them.  Again,  my mother is married to Jim Sr. and I see Jim Jr and Steve every holiday as they are my step siblings.  Too bad we can't get Al Smith on here to give his best team ever.  That would be awesome.

Trust me, I'm right, I've known the Whetstones for years, and I went to school with them.  I have been to the finals for the last 20 years.  Jim wrestled 160, SQ Jr. and Sr. year.  Lost both years friday night never placed.  1990 lost friday night to Trent Dotlich, Ben Davis, 1991 lost to Darren Lawson, Delta.  He was however, the only Semi-State Champ for Mishawaka out of the 6 SQ in 1991 the year we won State.

Adam Central

103 - Troy Roe - 4x timer (state champ) wrestled 105 so I'm gonna say he probably would've wrestled 103.

112 - Tyson Bercot - 4x timer (3rd).

119 - Denny Schwatz - 3x timer (4th).

125 - Mark Griffiths - 2x timer (Runner up).

130 - Jim Marbaugh - 2x timer (3rd x2).

135 - Andy Bertsch - 2x timer (Runner up & 3rd).

140 - Gregg Snyder - 2x timer (4th) wrestled 138 so I'm gonna say 140.

145 - Tony Currie - 3x timer (Runner up & 3rd).

152 - Adam Myers - 2x timer.

160 - Brandon Gaskill - state qualifier.

171 - Todd Yoder - 2x timer (4th).

189 - Dustin Mitchel - state 4th.

215 - Ryan Wolfe - 2x timer (5th x2)

275 - Josh Stetler - state qualifier.

Mishawaka Dream Team (Based on State finishes/highest placing wrestler gets the nod)

95/103:  Henry Wilk  1st/2nd  (Hon. Mention Devon Nelson 2/2/sq)

112: Mike Lehman 1st/SQ

119:  Nick Wiesjahn 3/4/SQ

125:  Josh Harper 1/1/1/?

130:  Charlie Cornett 4

135/138:  John Hall 1/2

140:  Vince Gresham 1/SQ/SQ  and Steven Sandefer  1/5/SQ

145:  Jim Stephens 2/SQ

152:  Brad Harper 2/1/7/7

160:  Chris Snyder 1/1

171:  Alex Dolly  2/3/5

189:  Ian Hinton 1/1/2/SQ

215:  Pat Day  1/SQ

275/285/HWT:  Mike Faulkner  2nd

Hobart

103-Jim Hines  Champ

112-?

119-Trent Cox  Champ

125-Alex Ramos  2x Champ

130-Dave Yager  Champ

135-Eric Galka  2x Champ

140-Ron Skimehorn 2nd

145-Brennan Cosgrove Champ

152-Eric Burkhart St Q

160-Rob Pavletic  Champ

171-?

189-Joe Balash 4th

215-Mickey Ellis  St Q

HWT-Mark Wilfong St Q

I know I'm missing a few but it's late and I'm going to bed.

I was on the Southwestern Michigan wrestling team with Ron Skimehorn and Coy Gilland (you might want to add him to your dream team)  in 1980. Had a lot of fun with them! If you know or see these guys xBrick132, tell them that Jim Crume said hi!

cathedral has so many wrestlers  that were the cream of the crop and still didnt make it . i believe the early- mid and late 80s teams of chs were the best. the 84 class had a 49-1 dual meet record losing only to the 3x state champs delta by 1 point at the iupui naditorium, in what i believe was the largest crowd ever at a high school dual meet .(the 88 team also lost only one dual meet in four yrs thats impressive)there are names like mike mcginley sq(one of the toughest sobs ever, next to billy terry), tim phieffer sq, joe mcginley 2x runner up. gilbert durham sq,kevin troy sq(he also beat state champ locke in the delta dual meet)john maio, steve troy sq, billy terry 3rd in state, sean mcginley runnerup. eric guhl ,todd mackell, and many others. in fact the cathedral teams of the 80s were so tough we had state qualifiers that couldnt make the team the next year.i actually couldnt name a dream team for cathedral except for the great ellis and cope , because you had guys in that room (that were not state champs)that could and would beat a lot of the mentioned state champs  if they had been in the same era . the competiviteness in that room and intensity was very tough to take  not to mention the tyrant  that rhodes was. lol

Here is LN, I know some are a little out of weight class, but had to get all the state champs in there. There is state champ at every weight except heavy. There are 4 multiple state champs.

103 - N. Hartman (Champ, 3rd)

112 - B. Ingalls (2 X Champ, 5th)

119 - Quiroga (Champ, Runner-Up)

125 - Hugh Waddington (Champ, 3rd)

130 - Jason Smith (Champ)

135 - Humphrey (3 X Champ)

140 - Spence Spencer (Champ, Runner-Up)

145 - Deckard (Champ, 5th)

152 - Hooper (2 X Champ)

160 - Miller (Champ)

171 - Balwinski (Champ, Runner-Up)

189 - Stephens (2 X Champ, 4th)

215 - D. Robinson (Champ, 6th)

285 - Gunn (3rd, 6th)

Just off the top of my head Muncie South Line-up, AJ feel free to lend a hand

103 Jason Barbosa  JV. Goerge Bice

112 Marcus Miller

125 Steve Duke

130 Tim Abbot

135 Marc Foreman  JV. Eric Fisher

145 Tosumbi Woods

152 Tony Abbott

171 Chris Mace

189 Dan Wicliffe

Hwt Jeff Pease

* Ron Meade, and Jigger Smith probably could fit in there in the lower weights just not sure what weight

I am sure there are many others just dont come to mind....

I would add Jeff Gonzales @ 119 and Elzie Harty @ 215.

Why don't you just list Lawrence Norths 04-05 team as the dream team  ;D That was the NASTIEST high school wrestling team I can remember....I'd like to see them against one of the premier 90's Mater Dei teams.

I'm going to say the 02-03 Mater Dei team wins that hands down

Why don't you just list Lawrence Norths 04-05 team as the dream team  ;D That was the NASTIEST high school wrestling team I can remember....I'd like to see them against one of the premier 90's Mater Dei teams.

I'm going to say the 02-03 Mater Dei team wins that hands down

I can't believe that team slipped my mind....I agree 100%. So the LN team was the SECOND nastiest team I can remember haha

I agree these are two of the best teams I have seen

MD 02-03 vs. LN 04-05

103 - Bittner (Qualifier) vs. Schaler: MD by dec 3-0

112 - Williams (6th) vs. Leppink (Qualifier): MD by dec 6-0

119 - Hillenbrand vs. Pino (4th): LN by dec 6-3

125 - Macke (3rd and lost in semis to Angel 5-2) vs. Gans (3X Placewinner): MD by dec 9-3

130 - Coughlin (runner-up to Andrae that year) vs. Albert (2X Placewinner): MD by dec 12-3

135 - Scott (3rd and lost to T-shirts in semis by TF) vs Hump (3X Champ): LN by maj dec 13-7

140 - Lehman vs. Aspling (2X Placewinner): LN by maj dec 13-11

145 - Weinzapfel (Champ) vs. Johnson (3X Placewinner): MD by dec 14-11

152 - Nosko (Champ) vs. Walker: MD by fall 20-11

160 - Wildeman (Champ) vs. Rugenstein: MD by fall 26-11

171 - Maurer (4X Champ) vs. Vogelsong: MD by fall 32-11

189 - Coughlin vs. Burr: MD by dec 35-11

215 - Unfried (Qualifier) vs. Locke (Qualifier): LN by dec 32-14

285 - Schwartz vs. Gunn (2X Placewinner): LN by fall 32-20

Final Score 32-20 MD 02-03 beats LN 04-05. But, I think LN could have possibly won at 112, 125 or 145. 215 could have probably gone either way. Those matches could have changed some things also if LN could stay off their back from 152-171.

I would love to see this dual.

Mishawaka Dream Team (Based on State finishes/highest placing wrestler gets the nod)

95/103:  Henry Wilk  1st/2nd  (Hon. Mention Devon Nelson 2/2/sq)

112: Mike Lehman 1st/SQ

119:  Nick Wiesjahn 3/4/SQ

125:  Josh Harper 1/1/1/?

130:  Charlie Cornett 4

135/138:  John Hall 1/2

140:  Vince Gresham 1/SQ/SQ  and Steven Sandefer  1/5/SQ

145:  Jim Stephens 2/SQ

152:  Brad Harper 2/1/7/7

160:  Chris Snyder 1/1

171:  Alex Dolly  2/3/5

189:  Ian Hinton 1/1/2/SQ

215:  Pat Day  1/SQ

275/285/HWT:  Mike Faulkner  2nd

Would Ryan Aldridge fit on here anywhere?

I was shocked that there were not many posts by other Indianapolis area high schools. So I wanted to put another out there. Here is the all-time best at Warren Central High School.

103 - John Lloyd ( State Champ)

112 -  Scott Ellis (State Champ @105, 3rd@105)

119 - Cordney Satterfield (7th place@ 119 94')

125 - Jesse Bender (4th and State Q)

130 - William Campbell (2x runner-up, 7th)

135 - Danny Williams (2x champ, 3rd)

140 - Rob Walke ( State Champ, 2x State Q)

145 - Jimmy Perry ( State Q, would have won state in 2000, but lost to Mitch Napeir 2-1)

152 - Eddie Baxter (3rd and State Q)

160 - Joe Kern (6th)

171 - Ricky Bacon (2x runner-up)

189 - Richard Clevenger ( runner-up, and State Q)

215 - Alan Buckly (State Q)

285 - Jason Czap ( 3rd@ HWT)

Some spots had to modified, but the wrestler that I had picked wrestled at that weight at one point in their career.

Coach Clev

?No more points unless their yours" - Schro Dog

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.