New Team Rankings (agree or disagree?)

wrestler60160

I think you could throw a blanket over the 5.  I think Merriville might be stronger then LN but that might be my Region bias.  Yorktown seem strong enough to compete with the top 10 this year.  Peru, Are you kidding?  Do they have some kids injured or something? 

The honorable mention is a flat out joke.

What honorable mention?

Don't understand the lower rankings?  Yorktown is getting no repsect from the voters, while Peru is getting a lot of respect from the voters.

The honorable mention is a flat out joke.

What honorable mention?

Don't understand the lower rankings?  Yorktown is getting no repsect from the voters, while Peru is getting a lot of respect from the voters.

This

Also receiving votes were:

Bloomington South, Columbia City, Delphi, East Noble, Elkhart Central, Evansville Memorial, Floyd Central, Ft. Wayne Carroll, Franklin, Jeffersonville, Lafayette Jeff, Martinsville, Mt. Vernon, New Castle, New Haven, Penn, Portage, Southmont, South Dearborn, Warren Central, Westfield.

It really tells you how uninformed some voters are.  Columbia City went 2-3 in their opening meet.  New Haven got smoked by East Noble in their first meet and beat even worse by Bellmont last night. 

Guest vision*quest

Yeah that would be cool

If you ever have time Y2 can you make a top ten for each class    I think we all would appriciate it a lot

So many teams seem to have kids out, or just getting into the line up after football or injuries.  Many haven't found settled into their weight classes yet.

For my money, Mish is #1 until beaten, the rest are chasing the Gold Standard.  Who will end up with it?  That's what February is for!    ;)

Number 7 and 2 on this list wrestle on 13 December...who else is meeting in a Dual format this weekend?

Center Grove-Carmel-Evansville Reitz this Saturday.  Matchups depend on which 4 teams are in your bracket.  Center Grove had 4 wrestlers out of the line-up yesterday against Franklin Central.  Three are ranked and are very questionable for Saturday.

Center Grove-Carmel-Evansville Reitz this Saturday.  Matchups depend on which 4 teams are in your bracket.  Center Grove had 4 wrestlers out of the line-up yesterday against Franklin Central.  Three are ranked and are very questionable for Saturday.

Questionable?  In what way?

I'm not trying to fire up the down southers, but why is MD so high?  Mishawaka is definitely #1, but I would think that either CP or Cathedral at #2.

No arguments here!

Blueibolt, I assume you are Castle.  If not you can ignore this . . . anyway . . .

You guys better back it up.  Don't you have MD in the house Saturday?  Seems like a lot of people like to bust on MD, but I think we should give that program credit for making everyone else better.  MD has not dropped to Castle's level, Castle has brought their program up to MD's level.  Maybe I am an optimist, but I prefer to think that wrestling in Indiana has been made better by the long MD run.  All the other top programs tried like hell to get to and surpass that level.

Besides, if a drop at MD is what it will take for some other team to take the crown, then you really don't end up with much.  You've want to beat the best when they are the best.

That being said, I do think that Castle has an excellent shot this year.  I'd say 60/40 Castle.

I'm not trying to fire up the down southers, but why is MD so high?  Mishawaka is definitely #1, but I would think that either CP or Cathedral at #2.

No arguments here!

Blueibolt, I assume you are Castle.  If not you can ignore this . . . anyway . . .

You guys better back it up.  Don't you have MD in the house Saturday?  Seems like a lot of people like to bust on MD, but I think we should give that program credit for making everyone else better.  MD has not dropped to Castle's level, Castle has brought their program up to MD's level.  Maybe I am an optimist, but I prefer to think that wrestling in Indiana has been made better by the long MD run.  All the other top programs tried like hell to get to and surpass that level.

Besides, if a drop at MD is what it will take for some other team to take the crown, then you really don't end up with much.  You've want to beat the best when they are the best.

That being said, I do think that Castle has an excellent shot this year.  I'd say 60/40 Castle.

I won't disagree that Mater Dei has been the standard...but I have to point out another possible issue with such a run, it breeds bordom and drives interest away from the fan base.  I am not so sure you can give any one program credit for making everyone better.  I am rather sure no team in the state trains just to beat Mater Dei.  Would it be nice to beat them, of course, just like it would be nice to beat every other team you see in a season.  Is there a bit of prestige that goes with beating them?  Of course...But this year, the Cavemen are the returning Champions, and they have earned their time in the sun. 

My statement about #2 is based on many factors.  Disrespect for past accomplishments of the Mater Dei program is not one of them.  Given returning talent from last years individual and team tourneys, some of the other schools seem to have a bit of an edge on paper...This early in the year especially thats what a ranking is all about.  For that fact, a ranking is nothing more than ink on paper, but if they are a matter for discussion I stand by my opinion. 

As for this weekend...just like any other, there are a lot of questions to be answered...each of these teams will bring everything they have and will step up to the occassion.  It has to be the potential to be a barn burner of a dual meet.  Even better than last years Castle/Mater Dei meet.  Does Castle have a team with the ability to compete with anyone in the state?  I would have to say YES to that.  But as we all know, you actually have to wrestle the meets to reap the rewards.  If this group of young men keep their focus and work hard each and every day, they will have a memorable year!  It's up to them...

My Prediction for this weekend?  One Hell Of A Dual Meet...Both Sides Know It...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.