Fighters from Indiana

ontherise219

The Woods are big fans of Jake O'Brien.  I would like to see him stay healthy and make another run at a title.  Anybody ever get to watch Yancy Gradeless fight?  He went to Mish or Penn.  He used to referee too.  He was just getting comfortable giving the BS back to the coaches and decided to crawl inside the cage  :o

Jake O'Brien is slated on the UFC 94 card on Jan 31st.

I am also looking forward to Jake getting back into winning form.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who will Jake be fighting?  And what is the deal with UFC?  First they want him to fight, then they release him and now they sign him again.  Dana White seems like a nice fella bag to me.

Who will Jake be fighting?  And what is the deal with UFC?  First they want him to fight, then they release him and now they sign him again.  Dana White seems like a nice fella bag to me.

Based on Jakes last few preformances Dana probably didn't see him as a big enough player for the contract they had with him.  Because of that Dana dropped Jake then offers to take him back later for a lesser contract deal.  This has been the case with several fighters over the last few years.  Since the UFC is basically it in the big time fight game these fighters either take hte lesser deal or go to a different organization which probably wont offer them anything better.  Obviously if Jake rebounds well and has some impressive wins the UFC may up his contact when it is up.

• 2 weeks later...

I am Johnny Hughes...I wrestled for New Castle where I had a career record of 114-29...Lost 2 years in a row in the Ticket round :( Haha bad memories... Currently ranked 15th in the King of the Cage World Rankings with a AM. and Pro MMA record of 38-6 over 40 fights since 04 haha! I am proud to be a INDIANA Wrestler alum. I am glad to see this board reconizes the former IN wrestlers and the things we are doing today on the competitive side! Thanks for asking DROOKE :)

Very nice introduction Johnny.  I will definately be following your fight career in the future.

It sounds like you have kept busy with 40 fights in 4 years and have had quite a bit of success.

Who do you primarily train with?

When and who do you fight next?

If you happen to pop in from time to time would you be open to answering some "Ask the Fighter" questions?  It is from another thread I started here.

I train with TEAM Wolf-Pack..Matt Jagggers,Josh Martin,Jason Gilliam,Hector Urbina,Tim Bradley,Adam Cunningham (3 Timer from Michigan) Rodney Sleepers to name just a few. I'd love to answer any ?'s in the other topic you were referring to. Take Care D!

Thanks Johnny it would be sweet if folks getting into the fight game would have someone to bounce there questions off of.

Pass on the site to  the rest of the fellas that train with you because we would welcome their input as well.

Just to clear up some bad info I gave out earlier. I talked to someone in the Elkins circle yesterday and he said Darren has a 4 fight deal on the table with the WEC but he has to get some medical issue cleared up before signing it (not sure what the issue is though) Should be in the WEC soon.

Thats great Johnny.

You can check out a Regulatory Thread on here and periodically check in the Ask A Fighter thread I posted earlier.  It's my hope to funnel question throught that particular thread.

Do you know when or who you fight next?