#6) Franklin

Valparaiso

#7) Westfield

Munster

#2) Crown Point

Calumet

Factors considered in seeding were:

1) Nov. 26th IHSWCA Team Rankings.

2) Early season results in the 2008-09 season, thus far.

3) Returning starters on team from last season.

4) Advancement in last season’s IHSAA State Team Tournament.

5) Avoiding 1st Round rematches from last year while attempting to keep Conference & Regional rivals separated for two rounds.

Care has been taken to avoid any Conference or Regional match-ups in the first two rounds. If you would like to check weights/scales on Friday night, contact me at jwadkins@lakeridge.k12.in.us and I will do my best to accommodate you and your team. Good luck with your early season meets, we'll see you all for a great day of wrestling on the 13th.

I think the world is patiently waiting, whether it's this weekend or not, for a match-up between Crown Point and Mishawaka.

Though I am a coach, I am also a fan of these two great programs and a little bored at work.  :P

These predictions are based on line-ups from this past weekend (Mish at Plymouth and CP at Stagg).

103: Cameron Halsted (CP) dec. Lyman Stoneburner (M) 3-0

112: Anthony Hawkins (CP) maj. dec. Taylor Wisler (M) 7-0

119: Matt Guerra (M) dec. Josh Manes (CP)  7-3

125: Jason Tsirtsis (CP) fall Nick Schrader (M) 13-3

130: Josh Harper maj. dec. Dallas Schurg (CP) 13-7

135: Eric Roach (CP) maj. dec. Tyler Reinoehl (M) 17-7

140: Steve Sandefer (M) maj. dec. Josh Flamme (CP) 17-11

145: Alex White (M) dec. Nick Bruno (CP) 17-14

152: Tim Forte (M) dec. Jeremy Pogorzelski (CP) 17-17

160: Mark Meyers (CP) fall Richard Morin (M) 23-17

171: Joey Smith (M) dec. Jeremy Kooi (CP) 23-20

189: Marcus Schrewsbury (CP) fall Dustin Boyd (M) 29-20

215: Christian Lentz (M) dec. Jim Bakalik (CP)  29-23

285: Darius Cooley (M) dec. Kyle Marshall (CP) 29-26

Mish wins 8, CP wins 6... CP wins 29-26.

Just one fan's opinion!  ;)

Do we have any confirmation on Reinoehl? Did he retain his eligibility? Heard some rumors that Penn and Mish have had a small pissing match over this kid. Anyone in the know, elaborate. If not, we will see in 5 short days.

Gavin McG, Tony McG, and Cal Sullivan all weigh 145. Quite the quandry. We'll get it right. CHS's line-up is crazy right now. Trying to get our big guys down to weight too.

I do not believe Trent Reinoehl will be wrestling this year, but his brother Tyler has full eligibility.  The reason is Tyler transferred before his freshman year, Trent did not.

So.. hold the phone!  if this is true then why didnt anything happen LAST year when he transferred. At face value that seems pretty shady considering it is now a year later

I do not believe Trent Reinoehl will be wrestling this year, but his brother Tyler has full eligibility.  The reason is Tyler transferred before his freshman year, Trent did not.

What the heck ? I was wondering why I haven't seen Trenton's name .

So.. hold the phone!  if this is true then why didnt anything happen LAST year when he transferred. At face value that seems pretty shady considering it is now a year later

I don't know very many specifics of what has transpired, so I don't want to comment.  I can only say I had the same question you do about the situation.  Someone with better knowledge of the situation can comment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.