How did you get your screenname?

Y2CJ41

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was the only wrestler and Hispanic in my group of friends in high school.  Between those two things, and the fact that we grew up in the 80's as Hulkamaniacs (this is not us pictured, but these pics are awesome) I ended up Tito Santana...

1827476.jpg285387278_13921f5ee9.jpgDragon2004-Sat626.jpg

It's funny the name Tito has stuck for over ten years.  So much so, that several of my friend's parents had to ask them what my real name was for my wedding.  When my two brothers and I were on the wrestling team at the same time '97-98 they called us the Flying Burrito Brothers.

I was the only wrestler and Hispanic in my group of friends in high school.  Between those two things, and the fact that we grew up in the 80's as Hulkamaniacs (this is not us pictured, but these pics are awesome) I ended up Tito Santana...

1827476.jpg285387278_13921f5ee9.jpgDragon2004-Sat626.jpg

It's funny the name Tito has stuck for over ten years.  So much so, that several of my friend's parents had to ask them what my real name was for my wedding.  When my two brothers and I were on the wrestling team at the same time '97-98 they called us the Flying Burrito Brothers.

WOW, I think I could have gone the rest of my life without seeing these pics....... ;D

Not Oscar the Grouch  -- from Sesame Street- The story behind Oscar could fill a book on how to be a good person. He was a good friend of mine. He always reminded me to be respectful.

Early on in my sons wrestling training we noticed by watching film of his matchs that he won every match that he took the first shot in.It wasn't because he had a good shot it was because he was very good at reversals and dominated if on top so the sooner we got out of the neutral position the better off he was.Guys that would take him down and then cut him usually won.Now it's just the opposite his shot defense is to the point he scores more on his opponents shots than on his.But before every match my last two words to him are still shoot first.

i know for a lot of you younger folks you may not remember the clint eastwood movie 'pale rider'  but as far as western goes its one of my all time favorites.  in the movie  eastwood really didnt have a name but he was a gunfighter and a b.a. posing as a preacher who strolled into this town that was having troubles and basically  he "cleans house".  i dont know how but i guess a few people saw some correlations between the character he played and me although i am neither a gun fighter or a b.a.  or a preacher for that fact but it stuck.  for those of you who do remember the flick:  "nothing like a good piece of hickory."    ;)

i know for a lot of you younger folks you may not remember the clint eastwood movie 'pale rider'  but as far as western goes its one of my all time favorites.  in the movie  eastwood really didnt have a name but he was a gunfighter and a b.a. posing as a preacher who strolled into this town that was having troubles and basically  he "cleans house".  i dont know how but i guess a few people saw some correlations between the character he played and me although i am neither a gun fighter or a b.a.  or a preacher for that fact but it stuck.  for those of you who do remember the flick:  "nothing like a good piece of hickory."    ;)

One of the all time great Clint Eastwood movie, "those eyes yea those eyes" great screenname

Our school nickname is "LAKERS', in the 70's when I wrestled we used an anchor on our t-shirts and sweatshirts, wrestling was the only sport at Lakeland that used an anchor, so I brought back the anchor when I started coaching there for my son's high school years. Bob Emerick was the origin of the anchor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.