Merrillville Semi-State Rankings 1/29

ontherise219

Let Sndefur and Roach go at it.  It is early in the season, and it would be a great match. Both of them have motors that don't quit!

Thats how I feel. I'm paying to get in and I would love to see that match I also want to see Harper and Little Tsirtsis, Harper vs Wright among other

I think I would have to pick Little Tsirtsis against Harper in this one.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

region fan#1:    What are you the number 1 fan of "a girls volly ball team? Apparently you haven't been around wrestling too long if you think Harper woould pin Wright, Cashe and little Tsirtsis.  You have to wrestle to pin someone, you can't do it by stalling.  I would like to see Harper wrestle all 3 this coming Saturday.  You might be right , but the odds of it him pinning all 3 of them are astranomical. 

First of all i put Harper pinning everyone just to hear everyone come out the woodworks on how he stalls.  Because whenever his name is brought up everyone seems to flip out.  He doesn't have the national success but besides the one loss at team state, he is one of the best at getting numbers in the win column.  Oh yeah, he just happens to be a 3 timer.  Not saying he is a lock to win it this year, but the boy finds ways to win.  All the matches will probably be by decision.  The only one I actually see coming close is Quiroga just because that kid is animal.  It's hard to frustrate Harper, and he keeps composure the whole way through.  These are all tough kids, and anyone of them can win on any given day.  These are just my picks.  You don't have to like them.  And apparently I don't care what you think.

We bumped our 125 up to wrestle Harper Saturday.  Harper did not stall at all in that match.  It was a very exciting match all the way through.  They fought hard on takedowns and exchanged a few throughout.  It was unfortunate that Harper tweaked a shoulder, but I'm sure he'll be back right away!  Very aggressive match!

I saw Bruno get beat at Stagg and last night at Mich City.  I really don't think his heart is in wrestling.  He has all the skill and speed necessary to be a force, but like I said I don't think he wants to be wrestling.  Two years ago,  even with a bad wrist, he gave Asa Ennis  from John Glenn his only loss until the state finals, so he does have the skill.  Right now, I don't think he should be ranked.

Why do you automatically put Hummer(not Hummel) from Penn at Semi state?

its his first year on varsity

idk whats so special about him

and Payne from Michigan City is going 140

I know this has nothing to do with High School , but I believe Hummer beat #3 ranked(130) Shurg of CP, at 2008  ISWA Folkstyle state .

Ya, but It doesn't matter if Hummer beat Shurg because Hummer is at 140 and Shurg is at 130. 2 different weights budd. :P

I know it doesn't matter . My point was that Hummer beat a State Qualifier , So he must be a pretty good wrestler Budd .

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.