Noblesville

New Castle

Avon

Southport

Beech Grove

Perry Meridan

From Carmel-Geib 132 lbs went to NCAA 's fronISU when they had a program

Mater dei-too many -Coughlin most recent

Belmont  Paulie Gunsett-won his state championship match under a ton of pressure

LN-Moore 189 went to Purdue and had a fine carreer in the big 10

Cathedral-Lance Ellis 4x state champ

Chathedral- Steve Dum 145 coached by football legend Dick Dullaghan

Penn-unsure

Warren Central-Ellis 98.105

Nob 0unsure

Avon Frieje 98/105

Southport-Tonte -just because all he has done for the sport

BG-Sullivan -kept losing to Ellis every year

PM-Whitter -just because the strong MFer beat me

The two better --if not best kids -- were the Palmers from Muncie -all these are off the top of my head so don't yell at me -why you left Ben Davis off is strange -we won every meet from my sophomore year to a year after I graduated in 1976 -I coached their best wrestler -Terrance Randolph 1987 champion at 125 -37-0 with all but 4 matches Falls or TF's .

If they both wrestled at the same time who would have won between Ellis and Angel Escebedo.

I would go with Ellis. Angel probably had better technically but Ellis was a brawler and would have worn Angel out.

Lance was the man in high school!  i don't think you'll ever see stats like his again.  not the undefeated part but his pinning perct.

Bellmont

Career Victories

1. John Sheets 189-9

2. Randy Baker 164-12

Matt Irwin 164-13

4. Tim Myers 155-7

5. Travis Hays 149-14

6. Nick Koons 142-19

7. Paul Gunsett 141-11

8. Jason Baker 137-23

9. Jason Krider 128-17

10. John Faurote 127-21

Career Falls

1. John Sheets 113

2. Randy Baker108

3. Paul Gunsett 106

Tim Myers 106

5. Jason Krider 93

6. Matt Irwin 92

7. Tyler Cowans 80

8. Nathan Scherer 72

9. John Kintz 70

10. Paul Baker 69

Career Winning Percentage

1. Tim Myers 155-7 95.67%

2. John Sheets 189-9 95.45%

3. Randy Baker 164-12 93.18%

4. Paul Gunsett 141-11 92.76%

5. Matt Irwin 164-13 92.65%

6. Brent Faurote 86-7 92.47%

7. Greg Krider 92-8 92%

8. Chris Mahlan 112-10 91.80%

9. Travis Hays 149-14 91.41%

10. Paul Baker 117-11 91.40%

is there like a family of Sheets and Bakers that have a history of wrestling at Bellmont?

• 2 weeks later...

Delta- David Palmer

Yorktown- Dennis Lewis

Muncie South- Tony Abbott

New Castle- Jaggers

LN- HWT from Humphrey's team

Warren- Scott Ellis

Cathedral- Lance

Where did Spence Specer go to school?- he was tough

Avon- one of the Huddlestons

Spencer went to LN-he lost his Jr. year to Randolph -BD-by fall then won the state at 135 the next year .

Who is the best of All-TIme from each of these schools:

Carmel

Mater Dei

Bellmont

Delta

Law North

Cathedral

Chatard

Penn

Warren Central

Noblesville

New Castle

Avon

Southport

Beech Grove

Perry Meridan

Carmel - Chuck Norris

Mater Dei - Chuck Norris

Bellmont - Chuck Norris

Delta - Chuck Norris

Law North - Chuck Norris

Cathedral - Chuck Norris

Chatard - Chuck Norris

Penn - Chuck Norris

Warren Central - Chuck Norris

Noblesville - Chuck Norris

New Castle - Chuck Norris

Avon - Chuck Norris

Southport - Chuck Norris

Beech Grove - Chuck Norris

Perry Meridan - Chuck Norris

'Nuff said...

• 3 weeks later...

Lance Ellis used to come over to Indywest to roll around all the time -he was dating a BD matmaid-Heather Schenck-and Terrance used to just wail on him -Lance was just too small-same thing would have happened with Angel-he would have destoyed Lance -we -indywest -were one of the first wrestling clubs on the westside -We'd have Decatur Central/Avon Plainfield/all were welcome .

I am not going to say anything bad about the Ben Davis coach because I do not know the man -but our program used to be feared !! Now when I see them place 7th at the Marion County Tournament I feel disappointed and angry -this Hines kid appears to be getting worse each year .

As for the best of all time i say David Palmer -9th grade -155-2nd 167 -1st 167-1st 177-1st-Rarely do you see a big man -155 as opposed to 98 -at the state as a freshman . David was untouchable. His brother Bud got DQ'd in NCAA finals for stalling-we didn't have TF's back then so Palmer pinned most his guys or made them wish they were never born .

Lance Ellis used to come over to Indywest to roll around all the time -he was dating a BD matmaid-Heather Schenck-and Terrance used to just wail on him -Lance was just too small-same thing would have happened with Angel-he would have destoyed Lance -we -indywest -were one of the first wrestling clubs on the westside -We'd have Decatur Central/Avon Plainfield/all were welcome .

I am not going to say anything bad about the Ben Davis coach because I do not know the man -but our program used to be feared !! Now when I see them place 7th at the Marion County Tournament I feel disappointed and angry -this Hines kid appears to be getting worse each year .

As for the best of all time i say David Palmer -9th grade -155-2nd 167 -1st 167-1st 177-1st-Rarely do you see a big man -155 as opposed to 98 -at the state as a freshman . David was untouchable. His brother Bud got DQ'd in NCAA finals for stalling-we didn't have TF's back then so Palmer pinned most his guys or made them wish they were never born .

Hey, Herb, do you really think Terrance was better than Cameron Smith? I will take your word for it if so, but, man Smith was a monster.

Randolph would have destroyed Cameron.

Wtih the new TIME OUT rules Cameron would have had to punch himself in the nose several times to get additional recovery time.

My son wrestled both and Randolph was head and sholders the best.

TheAncientElder (TAE)

The Imperial Potentate and Grand Poobah of Classless wrestling in Indiana.

I wear my Fez with pride.

www.theancientelder.net

Bellmont's Chris Mahlan, a hall of famer, was beaten in semi-state as a freshman, 3rd as a sophomore; winning in the semi's and caught in a peterson, 2nd as a junior; destroyed Edlund from Goshen at semi=state and lost to him in the finals, and  state champ as a sr.Undefeated up till state his last three years. He also had knee surgery before his junior year and never missed a match. This was in the old era before arthoscopic. Mighty tough hombre!

Dingo-I had the pleasure of coaching both Terrance and Cameron and they were a few years apart but Cameron was afraid to wrestle Terrance in the room because Terrance hurt people -he was a mean aggressive SOB-lived with me when his parents split up for awhile -first match of his career in the 8th grade he got stuck -but he went to every Freestyle tournament with me for the next 4 years and made himself better -Terrance at 125 would tear Cameron at 140-5 alive . Terrance wrestled 112 ,119, 126, 119, 125 .

He used to beat up on the 55  145 and 155 lbers to get better . BEST I ever coached -with Jason Albaugh a close second . I only had Jase his 7th grade year then I left Frankfort -Jason was my first champion out of college -he still holds most wins at Wabash .

I second the Terence Randolph from BD.  He would have hurt ol' Cameron.  I know both of them, grew up wrestling with them.   Cameron was great, but ol' knuckle head Terence was a beast.  Nod goes to Randolph. 

Ditto, but I want it to go on record that I am excluded from the knucklehead comment...Terence beat on me everyday my senior year in high school.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.