Who's going where this weekend?

MCKAJC

The Lowell Wrestling Club (LWC) will be attending the Neuqua Valley tournament in Naperville, IL. (The Hughes' boys and Tucker will be entering the Elite division (10-14 yrs olds) so they should get their butts waxed!  :) :) :))

Neuqua Valley's elite tourney was great! Some great competition over there in Naperville, IL.

That's the first time that I have seen ENFORCED matside weigh-ins before each round! It was different, that's for sure.

Drew Hughes (74lb bracket) had a good match with A.J. Jaffe, Drew lost but it was good and competitive. Both won their brackets and then had to face off for the weight-class trophy.

Kenny Hughes reached the finals and took 2nd. Jake Tucker (78lb bracket) won his bracket and had a couple of good, competitive matches. Derek Pearman took 2nd and Zach Mroczkowski also took 2nd. They had the ELITE tourney in a separate gym from the others so I didn't see too many of the little tots wrestling. I know that Johnny Alessia took 1st, little Dawson Hornickel took 3rd, Darion Hornickel took 3rd, and Jimmy Curry took 2nd along with the Finger boys placing 2nd/3rd. Mikey Blissmer took 3rd and I believe little Christopher Blissmer took 2nd as well along with Noah Pitrowski medaling...

I know Darden Schurg (Crown Point-CIA) was in the finals but I think he lost a close one in the 84lb bracket but defeated an Illinois stud, Peter Perich, 7-2 and his brother Dustin was tearing people up as well. That is all I can remember after spending 12 hours on Saturday for a middle school tourney and another 10 hours on Sunday, I was gassed out!  :) :) :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.