Cashe over Eppert 10-4

wrestler60160

Quiroga's low single was sick. Eppert didn't see it coming in the slightest either time. Quiroga is a beast at 125. My bet is Eppert drops back to 119. I think he was trying to get a taste of 125. Let's see what Camden does with Brandon Wright this weekend at the Cathedral Invite. Those two should battle there at 125 also.  

Did Eppert look like he filled out 125 well or no?  125 isn't the same as beating up on them 103 and 112 underclassmen huh?  JUST KIDDING!!!  Seriously though, did Eppert look small for 125 compared to Cashe?

Hey...you're right, I was always a fan of wrestling up and getting stronger during the growing years!  103 and 112 lbs's you're usually wrestling freshman and sophmores and usually cutting like a dog.  Then when you're a junior / senior and find yourself between weights and wrestling a junior / senior who is wrestling strong and not cutting; you find yourself weak and not confident...case in point was Eric Galka his junior year when he was cutting down to 112 and then finally had to jump to 119.  When all things are equal the stornger man will prevail.

Cashe was big for 125 but Eppert was about the same size with a different body build. Eppert made a few mistakes and Cashe was able to make the needed adjustment during the match to dominate. The LN coaching staff had a great game plan going in. 

I think Wright will dominate Eppert if he stays away from the underhooks. Eppert wrestles the same way he did when he was at 103, he is only bigger. He will be forced to change his style at the next level.

Great job by both wrestlers.

Cashe was big for 125 but Eppert was about the same size with a different body build. Eppert made a few mistakes and Cashe was able to make the needed adjustment during the match to dominate. The LN coaching staff had a great game plan going in.   

I think Wright will dominate Eppert if he stays away from the underhooks. Eppert wrestles the same way he did when he was at 103, he is only bigger. He will be forced to change his style at the next level.

Great job by both wrestlers.

Both are excellent wrestlers and both will be fighting for a starting spot at Purdue the next four years.  Good to see both step up to face each other.

This is from Indystar.com

LN's Quiroga wins big wrestling match

By Nat Newell

Posted: December 4, 2008Post a CommentRecommend E-mail Print Share  Del.icio.us  Digg  Reddit  Yahoo  Google A        A Lawrence North High School wrestler Cashé Quiroga won an early-season state-championship-caliber match against Camden Eppert convincingly Wednesday night, according to coach Jared Williams. No. 8 Lawrence North won the match, 49-16.

Quiroga, the 2007 state runner-up at 112 points and '08 champion at 119, beat Eppert, the '07 state champion at 103 and '08 runner-up at 112, 10-4 in the 125-pound match. Quiroga moved down a weight class, Eppert up one so they could compete against each other. The two wrestlers know each other well from competing in national events and have both verbally committed to Purdue University.

Quiroga scored a takedown in each of the first two periods, giving up only two escape points in taking a 4-2 lead after two periods, according to Williams. Quiroga scored two more takedowns and got two nearfall points in the final period for the victory.

"Cashe' controlled the entire match," Williams said in an e-mail. "Both wrestlers were extremely aggressive and excited the crowd with a number of outstanding scrambles."

The Wildcats won 11 of the 14 matches, getting pins from Robert Boston, Brandon Nelsen, Matt Rattay, Matt Goodwin and Bryce Grimes. Anderson Highland had the most votes in the state poll for a team that wasn't in the top 20.

Hats off to both Cash and Camden!  Indiana needs more wrestlers like these two who don't care about records and just want to get better! The match was very exciting to watch and coach.  Both of these kids have dedicated themselves to be the best! I am very excited to see both of them at Purdue next year.  Coach Hinkle is getting in my opinion two of the hardest working wrestlers in the state.  I hope every young wrestler, coach, parent, and fan sees that this type of dedication and lack of fear is the only way that Indiana high school wrestling will get better! 

Coach Weimer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.