Team State Classification finalized

maligned

Team State Classification assignments have been finalized.  A total of 305 schools qualified this year, with 101 assigned to 3A, 102 to 2A, and 102 to 3A.  With two more schools being classified than last year and a 2015 2A school not meeting classification limits, there has been some movement between classes.  Perhaps most significantly, Southmont and Centerville are re-classified to  2A for this season.

Here is the final list:

IHSWCA Team State Classification 2016.pdf

Thanks for the quick tournaround. A lot of significant information. 

After looking at that information, I don't know why people think we should have a classed team tournament. Enrollment obviously has no bearing on performance. Look at a 1A team like EMD, oh. wait.......

Perry Central is listed under 1A teams. They do not have, and never have had a wrestling team.

Also in 1A North Central (Farmersburg) does not have a wrestling team.

Woops.  Joe will post the updated version shortly with Madison-Grant and Blue River Valley into 1A and Perry Central and N. Central-Farmersburg out.

I knew the number of schools we had and I was meticulous going through 3A and 2A to be sure I had the breaking points right, then I rushed through the rest of the list of all IHSAA schools and made 2 errors in paring down to the 102 we needed for 1A.  I had someone double-check by doing his own list and he had the same class breaking points, so he missed the fact that I had 2 wrong schools in and 2 left out when I prepped the final doc.

Woops.  Joe will post the updated version shortly with Madison-Grant and Blue River Valley into 1A and Perry Central and N. Central-Farmersburg out.

I knew the number of schools we had and I was meticulous going through 3A and 2A to be sure I had the breaking points right, then I rushed through the rest of the list of all IHSAA schools and made 2 errors in paring down to the 102 we needed for 1A.  I had someone double-check by doing his own list and he had the same class breaking points, so he missed the fact that I had 2 wrong schools in and 2 left out when I prepped the final doc

You need a better double-checker, it would seem.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.