this style of wrestling is very simple....
- On sand, inside a 20’ diameter circle; standing position - no ground wrestling
- 1 period, maximum of 3 minutes
- 2 points or Fall wins the match
- 1 point for Throw, Takedown or Push-out
- Can score Fall if opponent is thrown to both shoulders
- Ties: Last person that scores wins-or by dec of official
- No stoppages (except by referee or to get sand out of face)
- No timeouts, no injury time, no blood time…or wrestler will default match.
- Penalties: 1 warning (2nd offense - wrestler defaults the match)
- No kicking, punching, or slapping
- No butting heads, attacking the face, pulling hair, or throwing sand
- No holds that lead to dislocation, head-only holds or holds/moves
with the purpose to injure.
- (Flagrant penalties will result in elimination from tournament)
- Cover the body with a slippery substance (results in defaulting the match)