Nick South --Progress and Growth

navy80

I am likely one of many who have watched South go from a kid who was transferring to a new team and had the potential to make it to state....to a state champion and D1 wrestler. 

6th grade- 80lbs- 7th place

7th grade- 95lbs- 5th place

8th grade-110lbs- 2nd place

3X middle school place winner.

9th grade- as Jennings County, South won 33 times and lost 10. He lost several times to Dawson Combest.

10th grade, South set out the year for the transfer, if my memory is correct.

11th grade, South won a state title. 

12th grade?

South's middle school results show he was going to be a good wrestler, his freshman years' record was deceiving, some people forgot about him his sophomore year... What a story..

Anyone with insight on more specifics? 

32 minutes ago, Thor said:

Really surprised he's not in Flo's new rankings this morning. 

For whatever reason, 160lbs has yet to be updated.  Not sure if it’s a clerical error.....or maybe just due to that much shifting in the rankings.  The date directly above the ranked wrestler list shows when it was last updated. For 160.....it’s still showing Oct 9.  All the other weights appear to be updated last night.

Like yourself.......I fully anticipate South on the board.  

Last year at the Al Smith was the first time I’d ever seen him wrestle, in his one-point loss to Mappes. He was my pick for state champ after that match, even in a loss. Really enjoy watching him wrestle. Not scared to go after you, but keeps great composure.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.