Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Thor

Moves and Transfers

Recommended Posts

Was tagging along with a buddy scouting PAC football game tonight @ the Jungle. Noticed Devon Bell walking around the stadium. Heard due to inclement weather their house is demolished in NC— it seems HH hopeful must be back on the Patriot mats this upcoming year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Takeyoudown said:

Was tagging along with a buddy scouting PAC football game tonight @ the Jungle. Noticed Devon Bell walking around the stadium. Heard due to inclement weather their house is demolished in NC— it seems HH hopeful must be back on the Patriot mats this upcoming year.

I assume that this is an attempt at a joke. If not, I feel bad for the family. If it is an attempt at a joke... it’s in really bad taste. People died and lost everything in North Carolina this weekend. It’s a terrible thing for a lot of people buddy. No more midnight posting for you (if this is not true). Smh

Edited by Mattyb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm I saw them with principal at the game last night. As I posted I was helping a buddy scout for PAC football. Didn’t mean to “stir”. Just ready for more wrestling talk 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Takeyoudown said:

I can confirm I saw them with principal at the game last night. As I posted I was helping a buddy scout for PAC football. Didn’t mean to “stir”. Just ready for more wrestling talk 

That’s horrible... prayers for the Bell family and the community that they were moving to. Best of luck to those folks. Terrible. 

Sorry TakeYouDown... thought you were making a bad joke. I apologize to you. 

Edited by Mattyb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

That’s horrible... prayers for the Bell family and the community that they were moving to. Best of luck to those folks. Terrible. 

Sorry TakeYouDown... thought you were making a bad joke. I apologize to you. 

I'm still not buying it.  It makes more sense, that they chose to come back to Indiana when evacuating.  But to insinuate that at the time of his post, they already knew their home was destroyed is a bit presumptuous to me.  It could be true, but most of the time, people don't know what has happened until they go back to reassess.  There are a lot of possibilities (tornado, water damage, etc) but I'm not buying the house is demolished rumors.  Outside of a tornado demolishing the house, I have a hard time believing that mom and the kids were already making arrangements to come back to Indiana to school within 24 hours of the beginning of the storm.  Actually, a divorce is a more likely explanation (and I am NOT insinuating anything, just speaking hypothetically).  Still think the post was in bad taste and no apology was needed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

I'm still not buying it.  It makes more sense, that they chose to come back to Indiana when evacuating.  But to insinuate that at the time of his post, they already knew their home was destroyed is a bit presumptuous to me.  It could be true, but most of the time, people don't know what has happened until they go back to reassess.  There are a lot of possibilities (tornado, water damage, etc) but I'm not buying the house is demolished rumors.  Outside of a tornado demolishing the house, I have a hard time believing that mom and the kids were already making arrangements to come back to Indiana to school within 24 hours of the beginning of the storm.  Actually, a divorce is a more likely explanation (and I am NOT insinuating anything, just speaking hypothetically).  Still think the post was in bad taste and no apology was needed.  

I am by no means here to imply or discuss family/marriage issues. Simply was bringing up transfer or move in possibilities as per thread topic. If you’d like to do that making a new thread would prob be best idea but I’ll stay away from that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just spoke with a very good source and they’re hoping to get back into their home tomorrow. So not sure of damage to home at this time as they only lived a mile from the coast. Prayers that all is well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey been away from Indiana Mat for a bit.  But just to inform everyone Madison Cub farm system shipped 4 good wrestlers to Plainfield this season along with one solid upper weight to Columbus East.  

 

Go Quaker Cub Olympians..... lord I am confused

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tskin said:

hey been away from Indiana Mat for a bit.  But just to inform everyone Madison Cub farm system shipped 4 good wrestlers to Plainfield this season along with one solid upper weight to Columbus East.  

 

Go Quaker Cub Olympians..... lord I am confused

T-skin

 

was it actual relocations or just switched school districts?

Edited by Topdogwrestling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Topdogwrestling said:

T-skin

 

was it actual relocations or just switched school districts?

Plainfield would be one heck of a daily commute from Madison.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MattM said:

Plainfield would be one heck of a daily commute from Madison.  

Matt

 

there are kids that drive from Bloomington to north Indy every day or that drive a long way in the region .. that is the reason I asked if they relocated or just switched .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Topdogwrestling said:

Matt

 

there are kids that drive from Bloomington to north Indy every day or that drive a long way in the region .. that is the reason I asked if they relocated or just switched .. 

I’m aware of this, but that Bloomington to Indy drive is a little over an hour give or take traffic. So a little more than 2 hours on the road daily.   And if we are think of the same school it’s to attend a very respected private school and historically successful wrestling program.  Now compare that to the 2 hours drive from Madison to Plainfield and another 2 hours back home after.  Plainfields a nice community and solid school, but I’m not sure anyone is making that drive for the school.

 

 It’s was a planned family move since before the end of the last wrestling season. If I recall correctly they actually let their HS son stay at Madison to complete his junior season rather than moving earlier.  

 

I’m sure we could find someone’s that has made a similar 4 hour round trip drive on a daily basis for their sport, but that would likely be for some very specialized training and a very unique athlete/family.  

 

Now a 2 hour round trip Madison to Columbus commute would be a little more plausible, but I’m going to assume that was likely a family move too.  

Edited by MattM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.