Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Thor

Moves and Transfers

Recommended Posts

Heritage Hills lost a quality kid with incoming freshman Devon Bell relocating to North Carolina. Would of been maybe at 138-152, solid kid with a lot of national level experience.  Has won national titles and placed several times at national level tourneys. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 3552 said:

Heritage Hills lost a quality kid with incoming freshman Devon Bell relocating to North Carolina. Would of been maybe at 138-152, solid kid with a lot of national level experience.  Has won national titles and placed several times at national level tourneys. 

Every parent likes to think this of their child. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Takeyoudown said:

Every parent likes to think this of their child. 

Devon Bell is not my child, I just was saying this because I am a HH supporter. Besides every parent can't say their kid is a national champ so with that said I would say we lost a quality kid due to his very accomplished youth accomplishments.  His dad had him competing in high school tourneys during summer starting in 7th grade, so he was more than ready for high school. Don't know what you meant by "every parents likes to think this about their child." Are you insinuating he is not a quality wrestler. If that is the case you are way off, he has wrestled all over the nation and done very well, I mean during middle school season last year wrestled over 20 something matches and not one kid even scored a point. We are suppose to build our youth up, not make a statement that has a negative vibe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Takeyoudown said:

Every parent likes to think this of their child. 

Again, do not understand you statement.  Every parent can't think this of their child, if you read my statement. It is just not my opinion that HH lost a quality wrestler it is based on his accomplishments.  He has won a state title, 2 National titles even awarded most outstanding wrestler at nationals and placed at nationals I don't know how many times. He even was accepted and trained at the Olympic Training Center in Colorado this past summer, so I would call that a quality wrestler and I am sure a lot of coaches would also. Wrestled for all star teams from Michigan and many other states. You being a southridge supporter I am sure you have seen him wrestle. So you are welcome to explain your statement because I disagree, that not all parents can say this about their child. At this point I know I can't but we are working on it.

Edited by 3552

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 3552 said:

Devon Bell is not my child, I just was saying this because I am a HH supporter. Besides every parent can't say their kid is a national champ so with that said I would say we lost a quality kid due to his very accomplished youth accomplishments.  His dad had him competing in high school tourneys during summer starting in 7th grade, so he was more than ready for high school. Don't know what you meant by "every parents likes to think this about their child." Are you insinuating he is not a quality wrestler. If that is the case you are way off, he has wrestled all over the nation and done very well, I mean during middle school season last year wrestled over 20 something matches and not one kid even scored a point. We are suppose to build our youth up, not make a statement that has a negative vibe. 

Devon may be a bit of a loss even if coming from his dad. But truly am worried about HH these upcoming years. Talented new coach reviving a dead program with backing can be a game changer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Takeyoudown said:

Devon may be a bit of a loss even if coming from his dad. But truly am worried about HH these upcoming years. Talented new coach reviving a dead program with backing can be a game changer.

How is what I said coming from his dad? So your saying our program is dead, with a 22-10  record and only losing to Dual state runners North Posey by 4.  With 7 regional qualifiers and 4 semi state qualifiers returning.  Obviously this is personal to you because you are not comprehending the facts. Again, and this is not coming from his dad any coach would not want to lose a wrestler of his caliper not saying he is not replaceable just that he is a quality top level wrestler. I mean any wrestler that has been on Indiana national teams and represented our state must have some skills, didn't see any southridge kids even score on him. I went to all the wrestling events, because I have wrestlers and Devon even teched your best wrestler kid twice Carson, who is a quality kid that will be in your varsity lineup as a freshman.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 3552 said:

How is what I said coming from his dad? So your saying our program is dead, with a 22-10  record and only losing to Dual state runners North Posey by 4.  With 7 regional qualifiers and 4 semi state qualifiers returning.  Obviously this is personal to you because you are not comprehending the facts. Again, and this is not coming from his dad any coach would not want to lose a wrestler of his caliper not saying he is not replaceable just that he is a quality top level wrestler. I mean any wrestler that has been on Indiana national teams and represented our state must have some skills, didn't see any southridge kids even score on him. I went to all the wrestling events, because I have wrestlers and Devon even teched your best wrestler kid twice Carson, who is a quality kid that will be in your varsity lineup as a freshman.

Just to confirm I’ve not once degraded Devon Bell- I even said he’s a bit of a loss. I look forward to following him and hope to see him getting medal on the NC 1A podium in the upcoming years. However, I am saying having such a strong disconnect in the program is what made it a dead or dying program. HH has huge numbers in an awesome youth program that dwindles in jr high and high school. No freshman last year correct? Simply stating as someone who enjoys quality wrestling matches I hope this new coach turns the program around in the right direction. I’m sure you being a big HH wrestling supporter you can appreciate all the qualities he’s bringing to the table. Pretty exciting to see a local program restored back into a good one. We can surely agree on that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Takeyoudown said:

Just to confirm I’ve not once degraded Devon Bell- I even said he’s a bit of a loss. I look forward to following him and hope to see him getting medal on the NC 1A podium in the upcoming years. However, I am saying having such a strong disconnect in the program is what made it a dead or dying program. HH has huge numbers in an awesome youth program that dwindles in jr high and high school. No freshman last year correct? Simply stating as someone who enjoys quality wrestling matches I hope this new coach turns the program around in the right direction. I’m sure you being a big HH wrestling supporter you can appreciate all the qualities he’s bringing to the table. Pretty exciting to see a local program restored back into a good one. We can surely agree on that?

I for one a long time supporter of HH, by no means putting this on coach Bell. Coach Bell took these kids all over the nation and was totally committed. I think the disconnect is the AD, 4 coaches in 6 years plus many more coaching changes is on the AD.  Why do we have swimming, baseball, volleyball, boys basketball, wrestling all leaving within the past 4 years. Yes, I precise any coach that is committed I just think there is a bigger issue with the coaching carousel in all sports at HH. I don't understand why we as adults can't be a positive influence in our youth without taking stabs at our hard working youth, example NC 1A podium, how do you know this do you know what school he is at because I don't?

A mature response to my original post would of been "I wish him luck" but then again that would of been an adult mature response.  Of course I wish great things for HH and Coach Zollmam but that does not negate the fact coach Bell took over the program with 6 wrestlers and within three years had more than that qualifying for regionals. Maybe you don't like coach Bell so you try and degrade is son which is wrong we should support all our youth no matter what school. Take you personal issues up with coach Bell and leave Devon out if it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steven Sandefer said:

Bobby Steveson from Merrillville to Apple Valley (MN) hurt.

Sure would've been nice to be able to claim Gable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 3552 said:

How is what I said coming from his dad? So your saying our program is dead, with a 22-10  record and only losing to Dual state runners North Posey by 4.  With 7 regional qualifiers and 4 semi state qualifiers returning.  Obviously this is personal to you because you are not comprehending the facts. Again, and this is not coming from his dad any coach would not want to lose a wrestler of his caliper not saying he is not replaceable just that he is a quality top level wrestler. I mean any wrestler that has been on Indiana national teams and represented our state must have some skills, didn't see any southridge kids even score on him. I went to all the wrestling events, because I have wrestlers and Devon even teched your best wrestler kid twice Carson, who is a quality kid that will be in your varsity lineup as a freshman.

14*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, 3552 said:

I for one a long time supporter of HH, by no means putting this on coach Bell. Coach Bell took these kids all over the nation and was totally committed. I think the disconnect is the AD, 4 coaches in 6 years plus many more coaching changes is on the AD.  Why do we have swimming, baseball, volleyball, boys basketball, wrestling all leaving within the past 4 years. Yes, I precise any coach that is committed I just think there is a bigger issue with the coaching carousel in all sports at HH. I don't understand why we as adults can't be a positive influence in our youth without taking stabs at our hard working youth, example NC 1A podium, how do you know this do you know what school he is at because I don't?

A mature response to my original post would of been "I wish him luck" but then again that would of been an adult mature response.  Of course I wish great things for HH and Coach Zollmam but that does not negate the fact coach Bell took over the program with 6 wrestlers and within three years had more than that qualifying for regionals. Maybe you don't like coach Bell so you try and degrade is son which is wrong we should support all our youth no matter what school. Take you personal issues up with coach Bell and leave Devon out if it.

 

Your knowledge on the inner workings of the athletic department makes it appear you work for them? Interesting you’d know all of this and not know which school Devon Bell is attending in NC. Even more interesting a possible employee is posting on an open forum as such? I can assure you it’s public knowledge where Devon is going since it’s been posted online. Again, never once said anything negative about Devon Bell you seem to be searching for something not there. Based on your above recommendation I would agree you need to have a discussion with AD since you very publicly called him out vs. taking it up with him which in my opinion isn’t mature or professional.

Apologies stating it’s a dying program (with facts, look at the numbers) and how my hopes it’ll be restored bothered you. So much for well wishes for local schools to become powerhouses again. At least we both can agree we hope Coach Zollman will develop a great HH program for many years to come. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 4 coaches in 6 years i don't think may quite fall on the AD.

coach Thompson left to take a principal job at mt Vernon

 Coach Robson went back to coach at Castle

coach Bell went back to North Carolina where he lived for many years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Takeyoudown said:

Your knowledge on the inner workings of the athletic department makes it appear you work for them? Interesting you’d know all of this and not know which school Devon Bell is attending in NC. Even more interesting a possible employee is posting on an open forum as such? I can assure you it’s public knowledge where Devon is going since it’s been posted online. Again, never once said anything negative about Devon Bell you seem to be searching for something not there. Based on your above recommendation I would agree you need to have a discussion with AD since you very publicly called him out vs. taking it up with him which in my opinion isn’t mature or professional.

Apologies stating it’s a dying program (with facts, look at the numbers) and how my hopes it’ll be restored bothered you. So much for well wishes for local schools to become powerhouses again. At least we both can agree we hope Coach Zollman will develop a great HH program for many years to come. 

Not an employee just a tax paying parent that has been involved with HH wrestling for over 10 years. You sure seem to know the inner workings of our program from elementary to high school for an outsider. Dying program that went from 6 wrestlers to 21 and just one away from breaking school record for most semi state qualifiers all this in only three years. Yes look at the numbers it has tripled from the 6 we had three seasons ago. Simply put all this could of been avoided with a mature response of "wish him luck" if you are worried about local schools seems to me you would of wanted to keep him in the area. You are correct his school is online a 3A school if that matters. I have all tne faith in Coach Zollman but Coach Bell was beyond committed to our kids and the program.

With all the coaching changes through out our athletics it must fall on the shoulders of the leader of the athletics. You do not have to know the inner workings or be a employee just read the minutes from the board meetings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, jpt189 said:

The 4 coaches in 6 years i don't think may quite fall on the AD.

coach Thompson left to take a principal job at mt Vernon

 Coach Robson went back to coach at Castle

coach Bell went back to North Carolina where he lived for many years

But I am saying through out our athletic programs there has to be a reason for so many coaches leaving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, 3552 said:

Not an employee just a tax paying parent that has been involved with HH wrestling for over 10 years. You sure seem to know the inner workings of our program from elementary to high school for an outsider. Dying program that went from 6 wrestlers to 21 and just one away from breaking school record for most semi state qualifiers all this in only three years. Yes look at the numbers it has tripled from the 6 we had three seasons ago. Simply put all this could of been avoided with a mature response of "wish him luck" if you are worried about local schools seems to me you would of wanted to keep him in the area. You are correct his school is online a 3A school if that matters. I have all tne faith in Coach Zollman but Coach Bell was beyond committed to our kids and the program.

With all the coaching changes through out our athletics it must fall on the shoulders of the leader of the athletics. You do not have to know the inner workings or be a employee just read the minutes from the board meetings. 

I’m sure you can appreciate local rivalries monitoring other programs on the decline or vice versa. 21 on your V roster? I must have missed all those athletes this past year when we faced off.

You seem to be missing the point- I’m providing facts by stating numbers are massive in great youth program then drop? Your argument is based off of people’s opinions about an AD? Why are the other sports flourishing at HH? AD involved with those as well? School board minutes simply state when people are leaving. Do they state the why? When you decide to sit down and have a fact supported discussion let me know. 

Take away message from this discussion- don’t hope for local sports to rise and compete and be better. I would hate for other schools to challenge each other and improve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Takeyoudown said:

I’m sure you can appreciate local rivalries monitoring other programs on the decline or vice versa. 21 on your V roster? I must have missed all those athletes this past year when we faced off.

You seem to be missing the point- I’m providing facts by stating numbers are massive in great youth program then drop? Your argument is based off of people’s opinions about an AD? Why are the other sports flourishing at HH? AD involved with those as well? School board minutes simply state when people are leaving. Do they state the why? When you decide to sit down and have a fact supported discussion let me know. 

Take away message from this discussion- don’t hope for local sports to rise and compete and be better. I would hate for other schools to challenge each other and improve. 

Really do not understand your vested interest in our program, Coach Bell took a program over that had 4 dual wins with only 4 regionals qualifiers and three years later 22 dual wins and 8 regional and 4 semi state qualifiers that is improvement in any program. Now Coach Zollman can build from here, I do not see the problem with that.  Some sports programs are flourishing and wrestling has been on a steady climb, the wins and advancements prove that and Coach Zollman will be build on that. If you don't see that than you have a personal issue with coach Bell so take it up with him.  I am sure any wrestling program that can go from 4 wins to 22 would be considered a improving program.  

Of course I appreciate you monitoring rival programs I would even expect that. This is the reason I do not understand your statement, if you have been monitoring our program than you would of seen a steady improvement the, statistics speak for themselves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Takeyoudown said:

I’m sure you can appreciate local rivalries monitoring other programs on the decline or vice versa. 21 on your V roster? I must have missed all those athletes this past year when we faced off.

You seem to be missing the point- I’m providing facts by stating numbers are massive in great youth program then drop? Your argument is based off of people’s opinions about an AD? Why are the other sports flourishing at HH? AD involved with those as well? School board minutes simply state when people are leaving. Do they state the why? When you decide to sit down and have a fact supported discussion let me know. 

Take away message from this discussion- don’t hope for local sports to rise and compete and be better. I would hate for other schools to challenge each other and improve. 

The wins and regional/semi state qualifiers are fact based.  You seem to not want to accept the facts. No opinion needed here, the facts are HH was I agree dying 4 seasons ago with only 6 wrestlers and 4 wins, three years later 22 wins and you know the rest on our regional and semi state qualifiers.  So please state your facts on our program dying because I don't see any. Do not understand your reasoning except you do like Coach Bell. 

Your are correct we got way off on the topic. Losing Devon Bell is a lost for HH and in my opinion for the state of Indiana. This kid will have a stellar high school career at the state and national level by the time he graduates. He has wrestled with the best upcoming studs in our state and competed on teams that represented our state well and he will be missed. If you don't agree than that is your opinion but I am sure you can ask plenty coaches around the area and state he is a top level wrestler.

Good luck to you this coming season;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pistol not being rude here but ...... who is this Bell ? What weight would he be wrestling ? Was he on Sigs incoming Freshman list ? What is HH ? 

 

Woooo.... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

Pistol Pete 

 

just a confused Indiana HS wrestling fan 

6 minutes ago, 3552 said:

The wins and regional/semi state qualifiers are fact based.  You seem to not want to accept the facts. No opinion needed here, the facts are HH was I agree dying 4 seasons ago with only 6 wrestlers and 4 wins, three years later 22 wins and you know the rest on our regional and semi state qualifiers.  So please state your facts on our program dying because I don't see any. Do not understand your reasoning except you do like Coach Bell. 

Your are correct we got way off on the topic. Losing Devon Bell is a lost for HH and in my opinion for the state of Indiana. This kid will have a stellar high school career at the state and national level by the time he graduates. He has wrestled with the best upcoming studs in our state and competed on teams that represented our state well and he will be missed. If you don't agree than that is your opinion but I am sure you can ask plenty coaches around the area and state he is a top level wrestler.

Good luck to you this coming season;

 

1 hour ago, Takeyoudown said:

I’m sure you can appreciate local rivalries monitoring other programs on the decline or vice versa. 21 on your V roster? I must have missed all those athletes this past year when we faced off.

You seem to be missing the point- I’m providing facts by stating numbers are massive in great youth program then drop? Your argument is based off of people’s opinions about an AD? Why are the other sports flourishing at HH? AD involved with those as well? School board minutes simply state when people are leaving. Do they state the why? When you decide to sit down and have a fact supported discussion let me know. 

Take away message from this discussion- don’t hope for local sports to rise and compete and be better. I would hate for other schools to challenge each other and improve. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 3xStateChamp said:

Pistol not being rude here but ...... who is this Bell ? What weight would he be wrestling ? Was he on Sigs incoming Freshman list ? What is HH ? 

 

Woooo.... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

Pistol Pete 

 

just a confused Indiana HS wrestling fan 

 

 

HH is Heritage Hills, lol. Devon Bell was on the top 25 middle schoolers in the state list was not on the Sigs incoming freshman list they moved I believe around the end of school last year back to NC his dad resigned as HH head coach. Devon was a ISWA state runner up losing to Brady Mcvivitz in the finals a stud from Avon. Devon has won nationals and placed several times. Probably would of been 138-52 as a freshman I know wrestled I believe 142 last year at post season USA Nationals, but is a tall kid say probably 5'10 so do not know what he is weighing now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.