Moves and Transfers

Thor

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Takeyoudown said:

Was tagging along with a buddy scouting PAC football game tonight @ the Jungle. Noticed Devon Bell walking around the stadium. Heard due to inclement weather their house is demolished in NC— it seems HH hopeful must be back on the Patriot mats this upcoming year.

I assume that this is an attempt at a joke. If not, I feel bad for the family. If it is an attempt at a joke... it’s in really bad taste. People died and lost everything in North Carolina this weekend. It’s a terrible thing for a lot of people buddy. No more midnight posting for you (if this is not true). Smh

Edited by Mattyb

27 minutes ago, Takeyoudown said:

I can confirm I saw them with principal at the game last night. As I posted I was helping a buddy scout for PAC football. Didn’t mean to “stir”. Just ready for more wrestling talk 

That’s horrible... prayers for the Bell family and the community that they were moving to. Best of luck to those folks. Terrible. 

Sorry TakeYouDown... thought you were making a bad joke. I apologize to you. 

Edited by Mattyb

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

That’s horrible... prayers for the Bell family and the community that they were moving to. Best of luck to those folks. Terrible. 

I'm still not buying it.  It makes more sense, that they chose to come back to Indiana when evacuating.  But to insinuate that at the time of his post, they already knew their home was destroyed is a bit presumptuous to me.  It could be true, but most of the time, people don't know what has happened until they go back to reassess.  There are a lot of possibilities (tornado, water damage, etc) but I'm not buying the house is demolished rumors.  Outside of a tornado demolishing the house, I have a hard time believing that mom and the kids were already making arrangements to come back to Indiana to school within 24 hours of the beginning of the storm.  Actually, a divorce is a more likely explanation (and I am NOT insinuating anything, just speaking hypothetically).  Still think the post was in bad taste and no apology was needed.  

20 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

I'm still not buying it.  It makes more sense, that they chose to come back to Indiana when evacuating.  But to insinuate that at the time of his post, they already knew their home was destroyed is a bit presumptuous to me.  It could be true, but most of the time, people don't know what has happened until they go back to reassess.  There are a lot of possibilities (tornado, water damage, etc) but I'm not buying the house is demolished rumors.  Outside of a tornado demolishing the house, I have a hard time believing that mom and the kids were already making arrangements to come back to Indiana to school within 24 hours of the beginning of the storm.  Actually, a divorce is a more likely explanation (and I am NOT insinuating anything, just speaking hypothetically).  Still think the post was in bad taste and no apology was needed.  

I am by no means here to imply or discuss family/marriage issues. Simply was bringing up transfer or move in possibilities as per thread topic. If you’d like to do that making a new thread would prob be best idea but I’ll stay away from that one. 

4 hours ago, tskin said:

hey been away from Indiana Mat for a bit.  But just to inform everyone Madison Cub farm system shipped 4 good wrestlers to Plainfield this season along with one solid upper weight to Columbus East.  

Go Quaker Cub Olympians..... lord I am confused

T-skin

was it actual relocations or just switched school districts?

Edited by Topdogwrestling

41 minutes ago, Topdogwrestling said:

Matt

there are kids that drive from Bloomington to north Indy every day or that drive a long way in the region .. that is the reason I asked if they relocated or just switched .. 

I’m aware of this, but that Bloomington to Indy drive is a little over an hour give or take traffic. So a little more than 2 hours on the road daily.   And if we are think of the same school it’s to attend a very respected private school and historically successful wrestling program.  Now compare that to the 2 hours drive from Madison to Plainfield and another 2 hours back home after.  Plainfields a nice community and solid school, but I’m not sure anyone is making that drive for the school.

It’s was a planned family move since before the end of the last wrestling season. If I recall correctly they actually let their HS son stay at Madison to complete his junior season rather than moving earlier.  

I’m sure we could find someone’s that has made a similar 4 hour round trip drive on a daily basis for their sport, but that would likely be for some very specialized training and a very unique athlete/family.  

Now a 2 hour round trip Madison to Columbus commute would be a little more plausible, but I’m going to assume that was likely a family move too.  

Edited by MattM

No both families that moved to Plainfield all got new jobs up that way.  One family still came back and helped with our teams fundraiser this Aug so no bad blood at all.  Even though I will greatly miss these kids in our program I understand things happen.

On 9/15/2018 at 10:16 AM, Takeyoudown said:

I am by no means here to imply or discuss family/marriage issues. Simply was bringing up transfer or move in possibilities as per thread topic. If you’d like to do that making a new thread would prob be best idea but I’ll stay away from that one. 

Obviously my point sailed right over your head.  

On 9/22/2018 at 12:22 PM, 1prouddad said:

I do believe your “hypothetical” speaking is what his response was referring to.  It might have been better suited had you just kept your “hypothetical” remark out of the comment. 

Perhaps, but hypotheticals don't need a response especially when used only to make a point.  In no way was I insinuating that was true in any way and anyone with half a brain or that is paying attention could understand that.  To address that specifically, just shows the greater point was missed.  

6 minutes ago, JDGreathouse said:

Cade Meier, 2018 Semi-State Qualifier from Bloomington North is now at Bloomington South.

Been seeing a lot of Bloomington boys up here in The County training hard. Look for Bloomington South to be a tough team this season, they are putting in the work. 

3 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Been seeing a lot of Bloomington boys up here in The County training hard. Look for Bloomington South to be a tough team this season, they are putting in the work. 

Looking to have a pretty good year! A few of the guys have been up north this preseason while we have about 20 other guys training during the week in town. Can't wait to get the football players back too.

On September 15, 2018 at 9:23 AM, Mattyb said:

Thank you Sir for your prayers.... All your prayers are needed.  We are home and have small damage but overall ok.

On September 15, 2018 at 10:53 AM, SWINfan said:

Wow, a Divorce!!! What are we a bunch of desperate housewives? You are incorrect our home would be completely demolished before a divorce would happen. If my wife can put up with 26 years in the Marine Corps she can handle about anything.

We did evacuate back to Indiana to ensure we could still get some training in. Now is not the time of the year to miss a week or two of training. Thank you for your concern and well wishes to my marriage, no harm done. All is good, had some small damage, was able to get some training in but still out of school. Although the wife and I did spend 24/7 together for 10 straight days and I think she still is planning on staying married, lol. God bless you all and God Bless Indiana Wrestling.  Coaching now in NC, but will always love Indiana Wrestling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.