Fargo List

Fabio Jr.

9 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

So, does that put to rest the Gable vs Mason dream match up?

In freestyle it would.   I’d like to see it in folkstyle though Gables ability to use the size he’s put on in last two years would create some of the same problems Mason ran into with Cass.  Not to mention Gables pretty quick on his feet for his size. Masons working up to HWT from being 220 for most of his HS career.  I’d give Mason a few years to bulk up in college and get in some Michigan HWT time, then we will see where he stands as an actual HWT. 

Edited by MattM

14 minutes ago, MattM said:

In freestyle it would.   I’d like to see it in folkstyle though Gables ability to use the size he’s put on in last two years would create some of the same problems Mason ran into with Cass.  Not to mention Gables pretty quick on his feet for his size. Masons working up to HWT from being 220 for most of his HS career.  I’d give Mason a few years to bulk up in college and get in some Michigan HWT time, then we will see where he stands as an actual HWT. 

True

38 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Definitely in freestyle, but folk I see it being like Stevenson match with Kerkvilet, where it was only a 3-1 match. 

2 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

No.   The styles are different.  Our kid just won Freestyle State this year and tech'd or pinned everybody..I promise you he wouldn't tech or pin at least 4 of those kids.  He would have competitive matches with all.  

7 hours ago, nkraus said:

No.   The styles are different.  Our kid just won Freestyle State this year and tech'd or pinned everybody..I promise you he wouldn't tech or pin at least 4 of those kids.  He would have competitive matches with all.  

I don't see Parris getting turned in folk style either.. but in the long run this loss will do so much for him that it benefits him more than just dominating.. Mason will end up honing in on his win weaknesses and improving.. we will be seeing cassioppi vs parris for years to come and I def think it will be way different next time.. when he lost his freshman year we seen how he bounces back and I know this won't be any different..

Evident why it's likely Michigan may redshirt Parris as a freshman to give him an opportunity to get to a size/weight/strength that will help him be more competitive among the collegiate giants.  A year in the weight room and at the athletic dining table should do wonders

7 minutes ago, base said:

Evident why it's likely Michigan may redshirt Parris as a freshman to give him an opportunity to get to a size/weight/strength that will help him be more competitive among the collegiate giants.  A year in the weight room and at the athletic dining table should do wonders

And having Coon to show him day In and day out the ropes is monumental. 

1 hour ago, wrestlenewbie said:

Give yourselves some credit. Junior team finished 8th. Cadets were 12th.

Dumb FloArena defaulting back to Cadets.  Why haven’t they overhauled that system yet?   Glad to see we actually stayed in Top 10.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.