Fargo List

Fabio Jr.

Win lose or draw indiana wrestling comes to brawl! It's just awesome all these kids are getting quality competition and competing respectively..idc if you don't win a match,  at least you are taking the steps to get better by competing at the highest level and everybody hasto respect that.. Cuz in the end wrestling is 1 big family and only our community knows what it takes to be a wrestler and the common love we all share and that's growing the sport of wrestling! 

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

We have NEVER had multiple Junior Freestyle champs. We have only had 10 Junior Freestyle champs ever. Just for reference they were: David Palmer, Jeff Pease, David McCubbins, Nathan Moore, Matt Coughlin, Andrew Howe, Cashe Quiroga, Jason Tsirtsis, Mitch Sliga, and Nick Lee.

We have had multiple Cadet Freestyle champs only three times
In 1993 with Chris "way cooler than Darrick" Snyder, James Leavell, and Tim Myers
In 2014 with CJ Red, Nick Lee, and Paul Konrath
In 2011 with Mitch Sliga and Stevan Micic

Vega won a JR Freestyle and Greco title in 1997

I might be way off but one thing I think we could improve on as a state is mat strategy. Knowing when to give up the step out. when to just lock up a hold and try to get an exposure. Small Small things but things I notice from Ohio and IL. Slowly but surely we are clawing up there. I thnk our Par Terre overall has improved over the last few years and thats a big deal. 

12 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Brayton's finals opponent is Alex Lloyd....you might recognize him from the Dream Team Classic in April.

How does one win via criteria in a 0-0 match in freestyle?  Or did Flo just not get the score wrong?   I don't think I've ever seen a 0-0 FS match!

Just now, SWINfan said:

How does one win via criteria in a 0-0 match in freestyle?  Or did Flo just not get the score wrong?   I don't think I've ever seen a 0-0 FS match!

I think it was a Default I had it on and the Mi kid went down and was holding his knee

40 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Brayton's finals opponent is Alex Lloyd....you might recognize him from the Dream Team Classic in April.

Hunt gave him fits in a 8-5 loss. I would think Lee finishes this within the 1st period. 

46 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Dang... tough loss for Parris. 12-2 1st period TF? Is that right? Details?

Mason wasn’t able to finish several of his takedown due to Cass using his size well to stop Parris’s Motion.  If I recall correctly Cass got a takedown and a couple of guts.   Parris eventually got a TD but couldn’t get a a turn. Cass stopped another Parris shot into a front headlock which he used to tipped Mason over a few times for the tech.  

If that’s a folk style match, it’s tied 2-2 at the point of the tech. All had to do with Cassioppis freestyle experience. Parris needed to look towards his sweep more, his high crotch to a dump isn’t gonna work on elite wrestlers 

5 minutes ago, Thor said:

If that’s a folk style match, it’s tied 2-2 at the point of the tech. All had to do with Cassioppis freestyle experience. Parris needed to look towards his sweep more, his high crotch to a dump isn’t gonna work on elite wrestlers 

So, does that put to rest the Gable vs Mason dream match up?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.