NFHS Wrestling Rules Update

Y2CJ41

4 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

My gawd I wouldn't ever want put in a Nelson cradle..surprised this is the first time seeing it.. then again for safety that's a good thing.

Kinda hard to put someone in the actual move.  In most cases you may lock it up but actually being able to turn someone successfully would be a struggle against most wrestlers.  Its mostly of those moves you would just fall into when trying to get creative as someone fights off a half.  Probably good to make it illegal with the full nelson aspect of it, but it wasn't very practical in most situation to start with.

25 minutes ago, MattM said:

Kinda hard to put someone in the actual move.  In most cases you may lock it up but actually being able to turn someone successfully would be a struggle against most wrestlers.  Its mostly of those moves you would just fall into when trying to get creative as someone fights off a half.  Probably good to make it illegal with the full nelson aspect of it, but it wasn't very practical in most situation to start with.

If there was a informative rating button i would vote that for ya. 

2 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

If there was a informative rating button i would vote that for ya. 

Well I feel I need to do more for you to earn that type of vote.   Here’s a diagram showing the move.  As I said not one you are really going to look or have success with anyway.  

http://www.owoa.org/pdf files/Nelson-Cradle-Illegal.pdf

5 hours ago, MattM said:

Well I feel I need to do more for you to earn that type of vote.   Here’s a diagram showing the move.  As I said not one you are really going to look or have success with anyway.  

Spoiler ALERT!  This was already posted @Ch1StyleZ84

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.