Las Vegas- Seniors. Juniors, Veterans, etc

Y2CJ41

It was a rough evening for the Indiana guys

Lee lost
Davison lost
Covaciu was wrestling well then got hurt looked to be bleeding really badly, he defaulted out of the tournament.
Wright lost a close one in the semi's

The top high school guys struggled against their college counterparts for the most part. The UWW junior age group is always fun to watch when you mix in top high school talent and guys with a year or two of being in a college room. When a high school kid makes a Junior world team it is something special.

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Brayton Lee loses a barn burner with David Carr on criteria, he'll wrestle for 5th
Lucas Davison will wrestle for 7th

Both are qualified for the trials in Rochester, Minnesota on May 18, 19.

Lee wins his 5th place match in dominating fashion. 

And J teemer techs carr for 3rd!

how about stevenson? Gets 4th place at seniors. 

Id say he dominates mason. I thought mason would win but not after the us open. Kid is 17 and a phenomen. 

54 minutes ago, Fabio Jr. said:

I'm telling you nothing against Mason but gable is on a whole different level. Got to hang out with him and he is such a good kid as well reminds me of Brayt. And on the mat he's a monster...I guess I'll leave this here 

2B9FA1C0-4EC2-4740-8D1A-B71C1FC705AD.gif

Is that mason he's throwing? 

4 hours ago, Wrestlingaddict101 said:

To say gable is on a different level is ridiculous I’m sure people will say you don’t know but time will tell. 

To only be 17 yrs old and place 4th on a Senior level competition isn't something that happens everyday. So, I'd say the young man is on a different level. While Mason is an exceptional athlete himself, I don't see him on Gables level  

4 hours ago, Wrestlingaddict101 said:

To say gable is on a different level is ridiculous I’m sure people will say you don’t know but time will tell. 

Be a Homer all you want id say best case scenario it's 6-2, more than likely a major. Freestyle I think it's a massacre but Mason hasn't done that in forever. This is no disrespect to Mason at all guy is one of the all time greats but gable will be bringing home Olympic medals as soon as 2020 not many 17year olds can say that. 

9 hours ago, Wrestlingaddict101 said:

Can’t wait to see mason and gable wreslte. It will be so much closer than you guys think. Gabor struggled earlier this year with a 220 who bumped up who mason would beat. Gable won like 4-3. Can’t wajt let’s go mason! 

You mean that returning Cadet World Champion 220?

4 hours ago, Fabio Jr. said:

Be a Homer all you want id say best case scenario it's 6-2, more than likely a major. Freestyle I think it's a massacre but Mason hasn't done that in forever. This is no disrespect to Mason at all guy is one of the all time greats but gable will be bringing home Olympic medals as soon as 2020 not many 17year olds can say that. 

Why are you even bringing up Masons name?  He is not even wrestling in this event.  Plus we could give a shit what you think..  Don't bring his name up again Fabio or I might have to make a trip to Brownsburg!!!!

14 minutes ago, navy80 said:

can someone explain how the process works. The ones who placed top 8 qualify for ? Event? 

Where does the X tournament fall in place here?

Top guys from US Open qualify for the World Team Trials event   And in most cases are seeded in that order for the event.  

At the Junior and Cadet levels they may still doing it the old way I’m not sure.  But on the Senior level they will have the new Final X series to determine the World Championship spot   

In a none World Medalist weight class the winner of the US Open will automatically advanced to the Final X series.  That person will await the winner of the World Team Trials in desperate best of 3 match event to determine the World Team spot.  

At a weight class where a returning World Medalist exists that medalist already advanced to the desperate Final X best of 3 series.  In that senecio the winner of the US Open will just advanced to the end of the World Team Trials.   There they will face the WTT challlenge tournament winner for the other Final X spot.  

The idea of the Final X was to one give a seperate event that further highlights the final match to make the World Team.  And two to give the finalist a chance to recover and give their best possible match to make the World Team.  In the past the tired and banged up winner of the WTT tournament would have to turn around that same day face a fresh previous World Medalist for the spot. To keep the reward of winning a world medal there rather than them being in the tournament too, Final X was created to help even the playing field for World Team Trials winner.  Although the US Open winner still has that rest advantage over the trials tournament winner. 

Final X info

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/January/16/USA-Wrestling-and-Flo-Sports-announce-Final-X

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6084925-2018-final-x

Edited by MattM

2 hours ago, parris58 said:

Why are you even bringing up Masons name?  He is not even wrestling in this event.  Plus we could give a shit what you think..  Don't bring his name up again Fabio or I might have to make a trip to Brownsburg!!!!

Whoa whoa whoa, pump the brakes. Why so defensive when Mason is given such high praise. To even be talked about when the name Gable comes up should be an honor. This isn't the first time that this hypothetical match has been talked about. Now we all know it's not gonna happen cause of weight differences but it's fun to put the best vs best scenarios together a time or 2. 

1 hour ago, 1prouddad said:

Now we all know it's not gonna happen cause of weight differences 

Now we all know it's not definitely gonna happen cause of weight differences they're both going to be beasts at the same weight for the next 4-6 years. 

It's just a matter of time, so hopefully we can all just be patient to find out the truth. ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.