Las Vegas- Seniors. Juniors, Veterans, etc

Y2CJ41

Why no Lefever this weekend? Is he expecting to qualify for the WTT event another way? And even if so, why wouldn't he want to take a shot at the automatic spot in the Final X event? There seem to be a lot of no-shows by top guys if the registration list this morning is truly up-to-date.

On 4/25/2018 at 5:30 PM, MattM said:

Definitely a plus to get on the Senior Circuit quicker, but hopefully if he’s going the Serbia right they have their ducks in a row to provide the backing and support needed during the competitions. 

I know you know thus stuff MM but for the benefit of the IndianaMat community...I think he'll be well taken care of. There's actually a decent wrestling culture in Serbia, it's just more Greco. They had 3 of 6 weights qualify for the Olympics coming thru the loaded Euro region. 

More importantly, the president of international wrestling, Nenad Lalovic, is a filthy rich Serbian businessman. If Micic shows even slight signs of medal capability, I'm certain he'll be taken care of very, very well.

Edited by maligned

2 hours ago, maligned said:

Why no Lefever this weekend? Is he expecting to qualify for the WTT event another way? And even if so, why wouldn't he want to take a shot at the automatic spot in the Final X event? There seem to be a lot of no-shows by top guys if the registration list this morning is truly up-to-date.

He's currently on the mend, he'll be back soon.

Lots of IU and Purdue kids in juniors. Look for some of the Boilers to make deep runs. I think Bunner and Lyon will do really well. And... I’m always rooting for my guy Brey Bailey! 

Look out for coach Schopp!!!

Edited by Mattyb

7 hours ago, maligned said:

There's actually a decent wrestling culture in Serbia, it's just more Greco. They had 3 of 6 weights qualify for the Olympics coming thru the loaded Euro region. 

Yes, being the only main international level freestyle talent from their federation he could have a lot of resources dedicated to just improving his success.   If he can even win some of the smaller world events, that would really help them promote freestyle or wrestling in general in their country.  From one of the last things I read regarding this possibility, their federation was open with the idea of branching out past Greco.  I'm sure its a major win for Serbia to get someone with Micic talent who is willing to represent their flag.  I can't blame him to taking this opportunity, especially if he's still has some roots in this country and they have presented him with great support plan.  

41 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

I'm calling it now!!!!! Brandon Wright is beating Ramos in the semis. Ramos looked bad. Wright looked very explosive against a VERY athletic opponent. Coach Wright is going to the finals..... (I think).  

Wright has definitely been a gamer when it comes to the last couple U.S. Opens.  He's not under the radar as much as last year, but I'm sure people are over looking him due to having less of a resume.  Hopefully, he can continue to show he's still the level of some of the top U.S. guys.

19 minutes ago, nkraus said:

Coon tech's Gable

It take an unstoppable force to move an immovable object.  Coon is a mountain of a man, and be the keeper of our HWT spot for at least the next few years.  Give Gable a few more years to grow into a true man mountain himself.  When that happens we may see Gable claim the spot from him.

2 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Brady Berge is a redshirt for Penn State.

Jared Verkleeren is another redshirt for Penn State, he is a former Cadet World Champ and beat Brayton at the Super 32 in 2016.

Both of those guys will be in the mix to replace the Zain Train.

Berge wrestled in who’s number one a couple years ago (I think). He’s tough. 

Berge was 3rd in the UWW Junior World Team Trials last year(aka 2nd in the challenge tournament)

Lucas Davison is in the quarters also, he has the second seed John Borst of Virginia Tech
http://www.hokiesports.com/wrestling/players/borst_john.html

Jacob Covaciu is in the quarters, he has Nebraska's Beau Breske

27 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Also of note Cevion Severado and Malik Johnson both won UWW Junior Greco titles, they were at Brownsburg wrestling a couple weeks ago.

Others I have seen include Jacori Teemer, Alex Lloyd, Jared Franek, and Travis Wittlake.

Lloyd was a 4 seed and got smashed. I think it was the round of 16

Edited by Mattyb

1 hour ago, MattM said:

Wright has definitely been a gamer when it comes to the last couple U.S. Opens.  He's not under the radar as much as last year, but I'm sure people are over looking him due to having less of a resume.  Hopefully, he can continue to show he's still the level of some of the top U.S. guys.

2 hours ago, Mattyb said:

I'm calling it now!!!!! Brandon Wright is beating Ramos in the semis. Ramos looked bad. Wright looked very explosive against a VERY athletic opponent. Coach Wright is going to the finals..... (I think).  

Wright and Ramos are in different weight classes, yes?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.