P4P king of ‘19

Jayruss

2 hours ago, JMILL said:

easy answer to this question is simply that Jesse (absolute stud) is an 8th grader and Asa (absolute stud) is a junior.  If you look at a side by side picture of Asa immediately after his 1st state title and Asa after 2nd (pic above) you will see the difference between the two at different ages.  Team Garcia has that pic maybe he can get his friend Pistol Pete to post it up here for everyone to see and I think after that you will all then understand what all the above posts are referring to when they say he is way bigger.  Just my opinion and thoughts................  got the pic @3xStateChamp ??

Would love to but..... Pistol seems to have used up all his pictures MB’s showing off his Colt 45’s & Picture of Pistol in OSU Wrestling singlet. Which is the best picture of me in the history of pictures. Thus ..... Pistol can’t help you out . 

Wooooooo...... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

Pistol Pete 

Pistol called for it and my bill is in the mail...

21072615-B644-46F2-B29A-F4CCB11B947E.jpeg

2 hours ago, 3xStateChamp said:

Would love to but..... Pistol seems to have used up all his pictures MB’s showing off his Colt 45’s & Picture of Pistol in OSU Wrestling singlet. Which is the best picture of me in the history of pictures. Thus ..... Pistol can’t help you out . 

Wooooooo...... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

Pistol Pete 

Pistol called for it and my bill is in the mail...

21072615-B644-46F2-B29A-F4CCB11B947E.jpeg

now this is the pic I wanted put up................it just clearly displays the difference between a freshman and a junior or next year the freshman and the senior.   Nick Lee ran into the same thing with an older and much more developed micic. 

Does not say for 1 second who is the better wrestler or who will eventually be the better wrestler its just apples and oranges to compare at different ages.

**footnote....................does have same dumb hair in both (LOL....inside joke for me and Asa)

Edited by JMILL

The kid on the left is way bigger than the kid on the right. (Same hair, new tattoo- looking for the Roy Boy Award???)

In all seriousness, can you remind me the weight class difference? 

The point is well taken, maturity matters.  And it continues... take a look at David Taylor through the years:

Capture.dt.JPG

Edited by .02

In all seriousness, can you remind me the weight class difference?

If this is in regards specifically to the pics of Asa 

The one on the right is he @106 state champ. 

The one on the left is @126 champ. The young man has definitely put the work in. Seeing him at Ford Center this year, he was intense prior to his matches just pacing and awaiting his chance to get on the mat. With that intensity, he almost needs a Goldberg shirt "Who's Next"

On 4/17/2018 at 2:48 PM, Sig40 said:

Who are some of the kids moving in from Ohio to Culver this year?  I heard there is supposed to be 5 kids,

CMA doesn't have a feeder program, so starting from scratch with a kid in 9th grade (unless he's Kris Rumph) is pretty hard.  5 starters would be a boost if they're all in the line-up. CMA's JV was thin at best this year.  They had a couple of weights with novice wrestlers and they lose 3 key seniors:

• State Placer, 2x State Qualifier, 4xSSQ, 4x Sectional Champ: Adam Davis (138)
  • 2x SSQ ticket rounder, 3x RQ, Sectional Champ: Michael Boland (182)
  • 1x SSQ, 3x RQ: Aaron Brooke (152)
  • Also  2xSSQ Dante Dalmaso (missed most of the year d/t injury and doesn't have another year of eligibility left)

Depending on where these new guys fall in with the returning kids, CMA will at least be equally tough as a tournament team and maybe more formidable as a dual team.

On 4/17/2018 at 1:58 PM, ttwo0603 said:

Culver schedule next year has several events with high quality opponents. A trip to Ohio and Detroit will definitely have top level talent. 

CMA Wrestling FB page has an exciting announcement about their new schedule.  Looks like a significant improvement. Triacoff, Detroit Catholic Central, MI, Olentangy, OH.  This kind of competition could really improve their readiness for the state tournament series.

On 4/13/2018 at 11:56 AM, Sig40 said:

Mendez 8th Grader

2018 FloNationals 3rd (HS)

2018 USA Cadet National Runner Up

2017 IHPO Champ 

2016 Grappler Champ (HS)

2017 Grappler Runner Up (HS)

I really like how his Track Wrestling profile is done.  It includes results from events not tied to TW so I am guessing someone manually enters those events.  I've never seen anyone else's profile with those results.  Whoever updates his profile does it well!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.