Sign in to follow this  
buscowrestling

Team State Vote-In Results

4 hours ago, maligned said:

They just missed the vote-in process. Sadly, they forfeited a weight and had 4 guys not make it out of one of the thinner sectionals in the state. If they'd had one more guy make it to regional or had a warm body in that forfeited weight, they would have been in the vote-in discussion. It's true they beat Rochester head-to-head but remember scoring is heavily weighted toward returning guys and CA had 3 of their top guys graduate--meaning they bring back 10 compared to 14 starters from Rochester (I'm just speaking in terms of how scoring works...CA's incoming class could make them a force but that's not part of the scoring process.)

They would have been an amazing candidate, sadly, with all the credentials they've got coming in for next year. They'll be very good for the next few years it seems. We just don't have a fair way to consider incoming 8th graders, move-ins, etc. before the voting process, so you've got to get that far at least first.

Who do they have coming in next year?

5 minutes ago, Clint Gard said:

Who do they have coming in next year?

I'll leave it to their people to share that info. I don't know how their enrollment process works in terms of making things official and I don't want to speak for them.

5 hours ago, maligned said:

It's true they beat Rochester head-to-head but remember scoring is heavily weighted toward returning guys and CA had 3 of their top guys graduate--meaning they bring back 10

I see your point.  CMA had some 'gaps' in their line-up (be that FF's or very novice wrestlers).  With the 3 seniors graduating there are some openings in the middle weights and still 2-3 spots in the lower weights and 1-2 spots in the upper.  So, I guess it will really depend on the incoming class and how they fill in.  In another post Sig40 indicated 5 new guys coming in from OH?  It will be interesting to see how they fall into the line-up among the returning guys. CMA will lose 3 Seniors next year as well who were 1 SSQ and 2 RQ from this season.

The lack of a feeder program is tough for consistency.

Edited by MOWrestler

1 minute ago, MOWrestler said:

I see your point.  CMA had some 'gaps' in their line-up (be that FF's or very novice wrestlers).  With the 3 seniors graduating there are some openings in the middle weights and still 2-3 spots in the lower weights and 1-2 spots in the upper.  So, I guess it will really depend on the incoming class and how they fill in.  In another post Sig40 indicated 5 new guys coming in from OH?  It will be interesting to see how they fall into the line-up among the returning guys. CMA will lose 3 Seniors next year as well who were 1 SSQ and 2 RQ from this season.

The lack of a feeder program is tough for consistency.

Sorry, I didn't see that post. That's what I know too. 5 strong guys with legit credentials. I didn't know how openly it was being shared.

2 minutes ago, maligned said:

5 strong guys with legit credentials. I didn't know how openly it was being shared.

I have not seen anything official either.  So I'm uncertain where the information comes from.  I did see in another post and on FB that CMA is beefing up their schedule as well.  This has been another challenge for the team over the years since they've had some really talented kids who truly need the competition, but also had 3-5 weights with really novice wrestlers.  Hard to have tournaments that meet the needs of both.