Sign in to follow this  
HawkeyeNation

New Wrestling Academy in Greenwood

Aaron Johnson, an Army Combatives instructor, Greco-Roman All-American, World Champion Jiu-Jitsu and Grappler has opened up a new wrestling academy in Greenwood.

Indiana Combat Grappling has opened for business and will be temporarily based out of the Center Grove HS wrestling room until a facility is located and secured.  “This has always been a childhood dream of mine to work with kids to help them become champions” Johnson said. 

Born and raised in Malvern, Pennsylvania, Aaron trained at Team Foxcatcher, a prestigious training facility for Olympic wrestlers, from 1988 to 1994.  He went on to be a 2 time PIAA high school place winner and also was a Freestyle and Greco state champion until moving to Indiana his junior year in high school where he was a state qualifier in 1995 for Pike high school, 2 time Freestyle state runner-up, and a member of Team Indiana.  After graduating from Pike, he wrestled two varsity seasons at the University of Indianapolis and a University National Greco-Roman All-American.

After college, Johnson’s passion for wrestling morphed into a passion for Jiu-Jitsu and Grappling.  He has won the Army Combatives Championship, IBJJF World Championship as a brown belt, UWW World Grappling Championship, and Pan American Games Championship.  He has also won multiple USA Wrestling National Championships in Grappling.  Johnson also was a member of the USA Grappling Team and also holds a pro MMA 7-2 fighting record.  If you were to look at Aaron accomplishments on paper, it is three pages long!  In addition to competing, Johnson also has coached at Pike HS, Guion Creek MS, Decatur Central HS, and at the University of Indianapolis.

“I’ve done a lot,” Johnson said. “I don’t need to really prove anything else to anybody or myself. “Now I’m to the point where I want to just sit back and focus on making world champions instead of being a world champion.”  In addition to wrestling, Coach Johnson will also be offering Jiu Jitsu, Grappling and self-defense instruction. 

Click on link to see a video on Coach Johnson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n_N7Iml8ho

Indiana Combat Grappling Hours: 6:30pm to 8:00, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday

Location: Center Grove High School Wrestling Room.  Enter door 3.

Cost:  $80.00 per month, punch card; $100.00 (10 practices)

For more information go to: www.indianacombatgrappling.com