Wisconsin job

Wonder what Bono coming in means for guys like Konrath and Covaciu. I love Bono and his intensity, but the personality differences between Davis and Bono seem pretty extreme. Often  times that leads to some guys leaving. Thoughts?

6 hours ago, DCand3 said:

Wonder what Bono coming in means for guys like Konrath and Covaciu. I love Bono and his intensity, but the personality differences between Davis and Bono seem pretty extreme. Often  times that leads to some guys leaving. Thoughts?

Sure, no doubt, it can lead to a change of heart. For new coach and existing recruits. I’m not privy to ,the 2 guys you mentioned, circumstances. 

Personally I think that Bono will have a good connection with his wrestlers. I do agree that his personality seems somewhat in contrast to Barry Davis's but sometimes at a program just the excitement of new direction and energy that accompanies a new coach will be contagious among the team.I'm really looking forward to what Paul and Jacob can accomplish at the collegiate level

11 hours ago, Disco said:

I know Barry Davis needs to be coaching in D-1 some where. He will elevate a program that signs him.

I think he'd be great for Cleveland State or Arkansas Little Rock. He'd come in with instant credibility and can get both programs headed in the right direction. He probably has 5-10 years of good coaching left in him so getting a program up and running then handing it off would be ideal.

I don't think he'd be a good assistant after being a head coach for so long.

On 3/26/2018 at 3:28 PM, Y2CJ41 said:

With Covaciu there is some connection to Bono since he's an Iowa State guy and there may have been a Maldonado there when he was there. 

Konrath I wouldn't know about, he's seemed to have a pretty quiet season as a redshirt.

He went 19-3 according to Track and finished 7th at the Midlands.  Beat a couple of NCAA qualifiers, but no real big wins from what I could tell.   But only one tournament and 4 matches after the Midlands in December, so I'd call it somewhat quiet.  Hope he can slide right into the lineup next year.  Looking forward to see if he can join Red & Lee having great success in DI

On 3/26/2018 at 3:28 PM, Y2CJ41 said:

With Covaciu there is some connection to Bono since he's an Iowa State guy and there may have been a Maldonado there when he was there. 

Konrath I wouldn't know about, he's seemed to have a pretty quiet season as a redshirt.

7th at midlands lost by one in the championship bracket.  To rank 13 kid at the time( later avenged the loss in 7th place match). The second match he lost was by riding time (to a kid who missed AA status by a good blood round match).  Won a couple smaller opens.  But yeah, relatively quiet for a redshirt.

3 hours ago, The wall said:

7th at midlands lost by one in the championship bracket.  To rank 13 kid at the time( later avenged the loss in 7th place match). The second match he lost was by riding time (to a kid who missed AA status by a good blood round match).  Won a couple smaller opens.  But yeah, relatively quiet for a redshirt.

Wall? any way he leaves the program? Goes with Barry.