Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SWINfan

NCAA Nationals

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

2nd

Snyder down 1st but a quick escape. 1-0 and that's how it ends

3rd period

Coon down with escape 1-1. Snyder with an elbow pass to a double and Coon will have none of that. Anyone else and they're on their back. Late takedown by Snyder  to go up 3-1 and let him go 3-2. 

Snyder wins 3-2

Edited by 1prouddad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

2nd

Snyder down 1st but a quick escape. 1-0 and that's how it ends

3rd period

Coon down with escape 1-1. Snyder with an elbow pass to a double and Coon will have none of that. Anyone else and they're on their back. Late takedown by Snyder  to go up 3-1 and let him go 3-2. 

Snyder wins 3-2

Snyder is a stud.  Big win

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fun tournament. Amazing careers for all timers IMAR (2x champ, 4x finalist), Zain (3x champ), and Snyder (3x champ, 4x finalist). Plus Coon, maybe in the discussion for one of the best to never win (2, 3, 2). 

Plus the start of some exciting careers in a couple of true freshman world champs (Lee & Yianni). Can Gable do the same? Heavy opens up a bit with Snyder & Coon graduating. 

Get one more year of Nolf and Bo both going for their 3rd (each would be a 4x finalist). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Purdue making incremental progress. Still All-American drought continues.  Loupachenki was last All American in 2013.  Welch was close this year, but couldn't get through.  Next year is the year. Lydy, Streck,  Brunner Maybe?  I like Strecks chances, lot of Seniors moving on.  Indiana continues to disapoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

 Purdue making incremental progress. Still All-American drought continues.  Loupachenki was last All American in 2013.  Welch was close this year, but couldn't get through.  Next year is the year. Lydy, Streck,  Brunner Maybe?  I like Strecks chances, lot of Seniors moving on.  Indiana continues to disapoint.

Maybe a jump by Griffin Parriott? He was highly touted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

 Purdue making incremental progress. Still All-American drought continues.  Loupachenki was last All American in 2013.  Welch was close this year, but couldn't get through.  Next year is the year. Lydy, Streck,  Brunner Maybe?  I like Strecks chances, lot of Seniors moving on.  Indiana continues to disapoint.

I am not sure "Indiana continues to disappoint."  Indiana had a runner up, a 5th and two 7th's...not to mention the number of guys still wrestling late Friday.  We also have 2 kids that are are ranked #1 in their weight class graduating and entering the Big Ten 10 next year. 

 

We can not forget how tough the NCAA tourney really is.  The best kids don't always win and many of the past champions do not repeat.  There are former wrestlers on this site, like me, that never wrestled at our state finals.  I marvel at how far Indiana wrestling has come.  

 

Just my opinion, but I think we are progressing.  And as a coach, I want to use these guys as examples to continue to improve Indiana wrestling.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, No One Famous said:

I am not sure "Indiana continues to disappoint."  Indiana had a runner up, a 5th and two 7th's...not to mention the number of guys still wrestling late Friday.  We also have 2 kids that are are ranked #1 in their weight class graduating and entering the Big Ten 10 next year. 

 

We can not forget how tough the NCAA tourney really is.  The best kids don't always win and many of the past champions do not repeat.  There are former wrestlers on this site, like me, that never wrestled at our state finals.  I marvel at how far Indiana wrestling has come.  

 

Just my opinion, but I think we are progressing.  And as a coach, I want to use these guys as examples to continue to improve Indiana wrestling.

He meant IU

Edited by IU89

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BClark said:

Maybe a jump by Griffin Parriott? He was highly touted.

 

I’m super high on him, had some good wins this season and I swear he got the first takedown in every match he wrestled. He was hurt this year and held out for a little while. Coming out of high school he was on the same tier as Hidlay who was runner up. Hopefully he can make a jump

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×