NCAA Nationals

141 is a fun weight class.  Freshman Yianni Diakomihalis of Cornell takes out Missouri's Jaydin Eierman in SV and Bryce Meredith ekes out a 1-0 win over OSU's Joey McKenna.

OSU is 0-3 in the Semifinals so far.  :D

On 3/15/2018 at 3:27 PM, Powerline said:

141 - Red - College is a bit different than high school, when a 4x state Champ takes his lumps. Now wrestling guys who are more physically mature, even the average guys. He had a good stuffing top game in high school, which I thought would translate well into college, may take some time. He could get away with rednecking young Indiana guys, but not college kids. 

I guess he wrestles good enough to All American as a freshman. Nice analysis though.

4 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

141 is a fun weight class.  Freshman Yianni Diakomihalis of Cornell takes out Missouri's Jaydin Eierman in SV and Bryce Meredith ekes out a 1-0 win over OSU's Joey McKenna.

OSU is 0-3 in the Semifinals so far.  :D

How about Lee sticking NATO. He and Suriano gonna be a good one

Just now, UncleJimmy said:

I know he's not an Indiana dude...but I'm happy for Matstellar. The dude epitomizes everything the sport teaches..perseverance, overcoming adversity, grinding day to day. I hope his life continues on the track it's on. Good on him.

What’s his story?

Just now, navy80 said:

What’s his story?

Committed to Penn St, went to Oklahoma St, struggled...   left, went to Lock Haven.  Got in legal troubles.  Had to sit out a full year.  Worked himself back and now an All-American.  In a nutshell....

Nolf being Nolf.......  Making Micah Jordan look like a wet paper sack

16-0 Tech Fall!   No question about the knee now.  Looks like OSU may win their first match of the night tonight with Bo Jordan leading Harvey in the 3rd

Edited by SWINfan

Day 2 - Session 4 - Friday Night

Dylan Lydy drops a 4-1 decision to Jordan Kutler of Lehigh.  Chose down in the 3rd and couldn't get out.  
Ben Harvey falls to Bo Jordan of Ohio St, 11-6.  

Both fall one match short of AA Status

2 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Who is selling him short?

It's a movie quote....   Caddyshack.    I'm disappointed in you for not catching that!!!   Your punishment is the next rainy day with no wrestling on TV you must watch it twice!!

2 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

It's a movie quote....   Caddyshack.    I'm disappointed in you for not catching that!!!   Your punishment is the next rainy day with no wrestling on TV you must watch it twice!!

Lol

18 minutes ago, navy80 said:

What’s his story?

He was a 4x Pa(166-0) Champ that I also think was ranked #1 overall in the nation. He got into some alcohol problems and lost control of himself thus getting into a lot of trouble.  He's rebounded nicely and I'm glad to see him back out competing. Best of luck to him in his journey. 

The pace of trying to follow online and on TV with 6 matches at once is crazy.  Especially with so many great matches!  

Back around to consolations.  Red and Lee up next on mats 5 & 6

Crazy thing.... Nick Lee's opponent from Eastern Michigan came into Nationals with a losing record and is an All-American

Edited by SWINfan