Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
buscowrestling

Dream Team Opener Duals

Recommended Posts

I was thinking about the all star classic and what other all star Duals I would like to see. Curious other Duals you’d be interested in, also who you would take in those presented. Anyhow here are mine.

 

Get a little Fort Wayne flavor with a mini tourney of Conferences in Northeast Indiana.  Dual between champs from each conference.

NECC vs ACAC

NE8 vs SAC

Winners face off.

Academy Championship. A tourney that has-

RWA vs Mauer/Couphlin(sp)

Red Cobra vs Contenders

 

Finally a county faceoff.

Hendricks vs Delaware

Marion vs Lake

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

SAC vs. Carroll

This year that would have looked something like this using regional results as a guide, theoretically of course.


106 Ester over Vega: 3sac 0car
113 Just over Goheen: 3sac 3car
120 Standridge pins Chapman 3sa 9ca
126 Humphrey md over Saylor 7sa 9ca
132 Schrock pins Reust 7 sac 15 car
138 Price pins Stonestree 13sac 15car
145 Macias over Davis 16sac 15car
152 Arney pins Wiedeman 16sac 21car
160 Woenker over Hicks 19sac 21car
170 Kocks pins Bynum 25sac 21car
182 Christen over Bills 28sac 21car
195 Gigli over Smith 31sac 21car
220 Hart over Muncie 34sac 21car
285 Ault pins Mueller 40sac 21car

SAC-40
Car-21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wrestlingfan9802 said:

This year that would have looked something like this using regional results as a guide, theoretically of course.


106 Ester over Vega: 3sac 0car
113 Just over Goheen: 3sac 3car
120 Standridge pins Chapman 3sa 9ca
126 Humphrey md over Saylor 7sa 9ca
132 Schrock pins Reust 7 sac 15 car
138 Price pins Stonestree 13sac 15car
145 Macias over Davis 16sac 15car
152 Arney pins Wiedeman 16sac 21car
160 Woenker over Hicks 19sac 21car
170 Kocks pins Bynum 25sac 21car
182 Christen over Bills 28sac 21car
195 Gigli over Smith 31sac 21car
220 Hart over Muncie 34sac 21car
285 Ault pins Mueller 40sac 21car

SAC-40
Car-21

126- Humphrey and Saylor wrestled twice, it was 5-2 and 11-0. I'd lean towards the decision if it was a dual.
138- Stonestreet doesn't get pinned, he was only pinned once this year, at regional in a funky position.
170- Kocks and Byman wrestled twice, once was a pin early and the second time was 4-0. 

Maybe next year it would be closer, this was a pretty young team with 3 freshmen in the lineup all at 182 and up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/11/2018 at 8:45 PM, buscowrestling said:

 

Finally a county faceoff

Marion vs Lake

Porter County (Chesterton and Portage) may be the better choice for NWI dual strength. 4 Individual State Champs from Porter County. 

Honestly Portage’s lineup with Lemley, Girgenti, Pokorney, and Davison would be pretty tough to beat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, leggin89 said:

Porter County (Chesterton and Portage) may be the better choice for NWI dual strength. 4 Individual State Champs from Porter County. 

Honestly Portage’s lineup with Lemley, Girgenti, Pokorney, and Davison would be pretty tough to beat.

You mean Chesterton.. they have Bates too he's tough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have it a little more in favor of the SAC in this one . I would say pins for Macias , Woenker and Hart instead of decisions and the reust/Schrock match would be a toss up not a pin for Carroll .

carroll is young as y2 said and the sac has lots of seniors so this one wouldn't be close at all This year.....Next year a lot different with Carroll probably having a slight edge ..Just my opinion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bruins2013 said:

I have it a little more in favor of the SAC in this one . I would say pins for Macias , Woenker and Hart instead of decisions and the reust/Schrock match would be a toss up not a pin for Carroll .

carroll is young as y2 said and the sac has lots of seniors so this one wouldn't be close at all This year.....Next year a lot different with Carroll probably having a slight edge ..Just my opinion 

Hart didn't pin Muncie at regional it was a two point match actually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the fact that the NECC would surely win the Northeast Indiana challenge has slowed the debate on that topic...

what about the academies?  I think it would be awesome to see them dual.  Is there too much crossover (kids wrestling for multiple academies) to do something like that, or do most kids work with just one group?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

Juniors and under 

region vs the county 

 

(#)) TheCounty wins this one !!! 

weight class: 60, 66, 73, 81, 90, 99, 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 174, 182, 195, 220, HWT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Hart didn't pin Muncie at regional it was a two point match actually.

Yea I just saw that on track good point . 

I have it SAC 46 Carroll 19 so easy win this year ....but next year is a totally different story 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bruins2013 said:

Yea I just saw that on track good point . 

I have it SAC 46 Carroll 19 so easy win this year ....but next year is a totally different story 

There is nothing in the common opponents that would indicate Macias would pin Davis either
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

There is nothing in the common opponents that would indicate Macias would pin Davis either
 

Yea you could be right on that one  too . But I figured since I gave arney the pin ( not a big pin guy)that I would do the same for macias. Just my opinion( sac wins 46-19) So How do you have  it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bruins2013 said:

Yea you could be right on that one  too . But I figured since I gave arney the pin ( not a big pin guy)that I would do the same for macias. Just my opinion( sac wins 46-19) So How do you have  it?

Joel Arney (Carroll (Fort Wayne)) over Sean Wiedeman (Fort Wayne Wayne) (Fall 1:39)

Joel Arney (Carroll (Fort Wayne)) over Chad Grover (Fort Wayne Concordia Lutheran) (Fall 3:25)

I have it closer to the 34-21 taking away the pins at 138 and 145 of the original post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Joel Arney (Carroll (Fort Wayne)) over Sean Wiedeman (Fort Wayne Wayne) (Fall 1:39)

Joel Arney (Carroll (Fort Wayne)) over Chad Grover (Fort Wayne Concordia Lutheran) (Fall 3:25)

I have it closer to the 34-21 taking away the pins at 138 and 145 of the original post.

Eh you do make some good points y2 ....so tell you what I will lower my prediction to 40 to 16 for the SAC.... But got to be all in on my luers boys so Woenker by pin ( a career pinner)and reust by a super slim decision over Schrock ......unless you have some more convincing stats for me y2 that's just how I see it ....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Bruins2013 said:

Eh you do make some good points y2 ....so tell you what I will lower my prediction to 40 to 16 for the SAC.... But got to be all in on my luers boys so Woenker by pin ( a career pinner)and reust by a super slim decision over Schrock ......unless you have some more convincing stats for me y2 that's just how I see it ....

I'd lean towards a pin for Schrock or at least bonus. 
Schrock pinned and majored Weilbaker, and Weilbaker beat Reust 6-3

 

FYI, the News-Sentinel is dumb and should have had someone else be the Prep of the Year.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

I'd lean towards a pin for Schrock or at least bonus. 
Schrock pinned and majored Weilbaker, and Weilbaker beat Reust 6-3

 

FYI, the News-Sentinel is dumb and should have had someone else be the Prep of the Year.

 

Hey guess there goes my argument the stats have spoken and I am a true believer that stats don't lie  ...I will have to agree you are right on both of those last 2 statements Y2 ........especially the second one lol......And honestly all jokes aside thanks for doing  all you do for the wrestling community ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bruins2013 said:

Hey guess there goes my argument the stats have spoken and I am a true believer that stats don't lie  ...I will have to agree you are right on both of those last 2 statements Y2 ........especially the second one lol......And honestly all jokes aside thanks for doing  all you do for the wrestling community .......it has helped us I know for sure 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2018 at 4:07 AM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

You mean Chesterton.. they have Bates too he's tough

No, I truly mean Portage’s lineup. I was saying the Portage lineup with those wrestlers put in would give any County a run. Thanks for trying though.

106- Moran

113- Hegedus

120- Peele

126- Poynter

132- Luna

138- Rumph

145- McIntosh

152- Washington Jr

160- Lemley

170- Guerrero

182- Girgenti

195- Davison

220- Swopes

285- Pokorney

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, leggin89 said:

No, I truly mean Portage’s lineup. I was saying the Portage lineup with those wrestlers put in would give any County a run. Thanks for trying though.

106- Moran

113- Hegedus

120- Peele

126- Poynter

132- Luna

138- Rumph

145- McIntosh

152- Washington Jr

160- Lemley

170- Guerrero

182- Girgenti

195- Davison

220- Swopes

285- Pokorney

The way it was worded confused me .. wasn't "trying" anything 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

The way it was worded confused me .. wasn't "trying" anything 

I was trying to thank for trying to correct me and make me seem less dumb. No malice in my statement. I get that it was worded a bit weird, and I apologize for confusing you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, leggin89 said:

I was trying to thank for trying to correct me and make me seem less dumb. No malice in my statement. I get that it was worded a bit weird, and I apologize for confusing you.

No worries mane.. I'm the last 1 that should critique wording.. I'm a meat head lol

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×