R.I.P Bryce Sheffer

SWINfan

Former Union County, KY wrestler and 4X Kentucky State Champion died from an ATV accident near his home Thursday.  Not an Indiana kid, but one who had many matches with some of Indiana's best the past 4 years.  Sheffer wrestled unattached at SIU-Edwardsville this past season.  

Here are some of his results against Indiana wrestlers:

2x IHPO - DNP but wrestled 5-6 matches deep both times.  Lost to Brock Hudkins in the quarterfinals in 2014.  Defeated Jack Tolin in 2013.

5 Appearances at the Mater Dei Classic (Kentucky allows 8th graders).  Finishes at the MD Classic:
2012  4th - Wins: Joel Nawl (VL), Kyle Embry (MD)  Loss: Chad Red
2013  2rd - Win: Brian Rassbach (Avon)  Loss: D.J Smith (Franklin Comm)
2014  2nd - Win: Alex Johnson (MD)  Loss: Chad Red
2015  3rd - Wins: Joe Craig (TC), Tristan Sellmer (FC)
2016  1st - Win: Nathan Conley (Avon)  Note: The final of the MD Classic in 2016 was also the State Championship Match in Kentucky.  Sheffer defeated Konner Kraeszig of Louisville St. Xavier

5 Appearances in the Kentucky State Finals with 4 Championships and a 7th place finish as an 8th Grader.

Wins over Indiana wrestlers in various Scholastic Duals: (no particular order)
Christian Hunt
Bryton Goering
Jeremiah Reitz
Austen Laughlin
Austin Holmes

I'm sure some here on this board are familiar with him or knew him personally, so I thought it was appropriate here.

My thoughts and Prayers for his family and friends. I've had the privilege to get to watch him many times and spoke with him multiple times as well. Very respectful young man that's going to be missed by many. 

On 3/10/2018 at 12:47 AM, SWINfan said:

Former Union County, KY wrestler and 4X Kentucky State Champion died from an ATV accident near his home Thursday.  Not an Indiana kid, but one who had many matches with some of Indiana's best the past 4 years.  Sheffer wrestled unattached at SIU-Edwardsville this past season.  

Here are some of his results against Indiana wrestlers:

2x IHPO - DNP but wrestled 5-6 matches deep both times.  Lost to Brock Hudkins in the quarterfinals in 2014.  Defeated Jack Tolin in 2013.

5 Appearances at the Mater Dei Classic (Kentucky allows 8th graders).  Finishes at the MD Classic:
2012  4th - Wins: Joel Nawl (VL), Kyle Embry (MD)  Loss: Chad Red
2013  2rd - Win: Brian Rassbach (Avon)  Loss: D.J Smith (Franklin Comm)
2014  2nd - Win: Alex Johnson (MD)  Loss: Chad Red
2015  3rd - Wins: Joe Craig (TC), Tristan Sellmer (FC)
2016  1st - Win: Nathan Conley (Avon)  Note: The final of the MD Classic in 2016 was also the State Championship Match in Kentucky.  Sheffer defeated Konner Kraeszig of Louisville St. Xavier

5 Appearances in the Kentucky State Finals with 4 Championships and a 7th place finish as an 8th Grader.

Wins over Indiana wrestlers in various Scholastic Duals: (no particular order)
Christian Hunt
Bryton Goering
Jeremiah Reitz
Austen Laughlin
Austin Holmes

I'm sure some here on this board are familiar with him or knew him personally, so I thought it was appropriate here.

Remember seeing him mix it up in Maurer Coughlin's wrestling room once and thinking "this is the best kid in the room".  And it was a GOOD room.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.