125- Brock Hudkins- Northern Illinois
133- Stevan Micic- Michigan
141- Chad Red- Nebraska
141- Nick Lee- Penn State
149- Jason Tsirtsis- Arizona State
174- Dylan Lydy- Purdue
174- Ben Harvey- Army
285- Shawn Streck- Purdue

Looks like 9 so far, with the at large bids being announced this week I believe.

1 hour ago, regionrat1 said:

How many are from da county ?

Cmon Mark... give us more credit and time. Anybody know where Hudkins is from????

Since Red’s academy is here... we will claim him too. Ha. 

Btw... TheCounty is one county with no major city. 

We know the region is great and has 5 times the population and size.

With that said, I love the fact that you continue to compare the two. That means we are doing something right. 

Bang bang! 

Edited by Mattyb

8 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Cmon Mark... give us more credit and time. Anybody know where Hudkins is from????

With that said, I love the fact that you continue to compare the two. That means we are doing something right. 

Bang bang! 

Hey wasn't the Rat (Mark) talking about moving down here since he was retiring ?  Come on down buddy, closer drives to the Da ISWA office for the monthly meetings  

Here to back my buddy @regionrat1, but do we (Hendricks County) get to claim everyone that isn't from da region? I feel like its pretty straightforward, you are either from Hendricks county or you're not. However, next year when 3 Brownsburg Bulldogs make it to the big show, we might have more.

I am curious to know what he classifies as da region though, most just say Lake County.

"You can take the rat out of the region, but you cant take the region out of the rat."

-Aristotle 343 BC

9 minutes ago, Kyle Ayersman said:

"You can take the rat out of the region, but you cant take the region out of the rat."

Love this!

I am going to have to use this in the future even though 99% of the time everyone will look at me not knowing what the heck I am talking about, but the 1% when there is someone who gets it it will be great.

8 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Bang bang! 

I love to stir da pot !! Nothing to get things rollin after state .

By da way the accomadations at wall mart in east lansing were great. I will rolling to Cleveland looking to stay ay the same accomadations - however Cleveland is a little rough might have to have more back up

45 minutes ago, Kyle Ayersman said:

Here to back my buddy @regionrat1, but do we (Hendricks County) get to claim everyone that isn't from da region? I feel like its pretty straightforward, you are either from Hendricks county or you're not. However, next year when 3 Brownsburg Bulldogs make it to the big show, we might have more.

I am curious to know what he classifies as da region though, most just say Lake County.

-Aristotle 343 BC

@Kyle Ayersman Just for the record, when you say "most just say Lake County"........you mean the one's that are right say "Lake County" correct ? 

I mean the only ones that try to claim anything outside Lake County to be the region are the ones who live outside Lake County and secretly want to be part of the region and deep down inside know they truly are not.......LOL  !!!!    #Posers  #PorterCoWannaBe's

(#)) TheCounty   #PainTrain

1 minute ago, JMILL said:

@Kyle Ayersman Just for the record, when you say "most just say Lake County"........you mean the one's that are right say "Lake County" correct ? 

I mean the only ones that try to claim anything outside Lake County to be the region are the ones who live outside Lake County and secretly want to be part of the region and deep down inside know they truly are not.......LOL  !!!!    #Posers  #PorterCoWannaBe's

(#)) TheCounty   #PainTrain

I say just Lake County, some try to claim it but I do not think that is right. Had a kid in college one time say he was from da region, I asked where, and he said Rensselaer, I just said you are not from da region and never spoke to him again.

If we are using Lake County only.... The population is 485,846 and 22 schools that have teams.

Hendricks County..... The population is 160,610 and have 6 schools that have teams.

That's like Penn bragging that they have more state qualifiers then Danville. LOL.... Silly Rat.

Edited by Mattyb

1 hour ago, SIACfan said:

Love this!

I am going to have to use this in the future even though 99% of the time everyone will look at me not knowing what the heck I am talking about, but the 1% when there is someone who gets it it will be great.

Or About like the 1% who gets it when Pistol says

Woooo.... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

Nope no clue 

27 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

If we are using Lake County only.... The population is 485,846 and 22 schools that have teams.

Hendricks County..... The population is 160,610 and have 6 schools that have teams.

That's like Penn bragging that they have more state qualifiers then Danville. LOL.... Silly Rat.

I understand where you are coming from however, more opportunities for jobs in Da Region, obviously leads to more people. If possible maybe we can class counties. If Indiana ever classes wrestling, we should class counties as well.

34 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Just have to work harder.

2 hours ago, Kyle Ayersman said:

-Aristotle 343 BC

I'd say all of Lake and Porter Counties make the cut.  Laporte County is the sad orphan, but I'd say we should claim the city of Laporte and leave the rest to Michiana.  Lastly, if you are not in the Tri-City (Hammond, East Chicago, and Gary), you are Region farmers or in the suburbs of the Region.

I say just Lake County, some try to claim it but I do not think that is right. Had a kid in college one time say he was from da region, I asked where, and he said Rensselaer, I just said you are not from da region and never spoke to him again.

Everyone wants to be a Rat

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

Went from NCAA Qualifiers... to County bashing.... to class wrestling!!!! Possibly the best thread ever!!!!!!?????

Now were just missing “Where’s TeamGarcia & Poster HOF & Nick Lee Question”  and then it’ll be best Thread EVER ! 

Wooooo..... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

Not going to lie, I laughed pretty hard at this...while we share the same 219 area code, Rensseltucky is not a part of da region, and proudly so... #CornFedCritter

He probably wasn't soft enough to be from da region. Lots of sensitive folks up there.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 11:20 AM, busstogate said:

I'd say all of Lake and Porter Counties make the cut.  Laporte County is the sad orphan, but I'd say we should claim the city of Laporte and leave the rest to Michiana.  Lastly, if you are not in the Tri-City (Hammond, East Chicago, and Gary), you are Region farmers or in the suburbs of the Region.

Since the Greater Lafayette area is in the same  semi-state,  can we get some quasi region status also?.  Maybe we can go with Region south or with the Sub-Region title.   Maybe the Region's cousin.     Were always looking for some way to add some toughness cred to our resume?  Maybe this will help.

20 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Since the Greater Lafayette area is in the same  semi-state,  can we get some quasi region status also?.  Maybe we can go with Region south or with the Sub-Region title.   Maybe the Region's cousin.     Were always looking for some way to add some toughness cred to our resume?  Maybe this will help.

That's crazy and funny.. because the Evansville guys asked us if they can be TheCounty South since we are in the same semistate. The absolutely love us up here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.