Team State Bid Acceptance List

maligned

4 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Crown Point will be good next year.  But in the context of the post,  say they did get voted into participate in the team state tournament,  would they accept the invitation?   Didn't they turn their bid down last year?

Now that cathedral accepted, CP won’t have a shot... but if CP was giving an invitation I heard they would have accepted it. 

12 minutes ago, Thor said:

I think that vote ins are Warren, Carmel, and Mishawaka

So with that said, If they are the only ones eligible.. Then the field is pretty much set (assuming they agree to wrestle). With that said... doesn't Mishawaka decline each time?

3 hours ago, bluemonster said:

Team Garcia

click or click click.................. Or shick, shick pause it makes a little grinding Sounds of a 2 Colt 45’s cocking, and loading a shell into the chambers-- Chh Chh. Pistol Pete mean muggin lookin TeamGarcia right in the eye. I’ll be your Huckleberry. SPIT ! 

Wooooooooo.... Bang ! Bang ! Bang ! 

Edited by 3xStateChamp

22 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

From a Mishawakan perspective, what's their argument for getting voted in over a Warren Central or Carmel?

They have three returning state qualifiers, one with a 4th place medal last year, as well as another Sinkovics. Carmel brings back Brendan Mattingly, but I don't recognize any other names in their lineup. Carmel may have the better overall dual team, but star power and name recognition could push Mishawaka in.

1 minute ago, Thor said:

They have three returning state qualifiers, one with a 4th place medal last year, as well as another Sinkovics. Carmel brings back Brendan Mattingly, but I don't recognize any other names in their lineup. Carmel may have the better overall dual team, but star power and name recognition could push Mishawaka in.

Good points.    Warren Central with 13 wrestlers back and probably the best Varsity 2/B in the state, and considering they were ranked in top 10 in duals and that they had the highest score, it would be surprising not to see them voted in.     Mishawka vs Carmel looks interesting.  Do ever either of those two teams have any big hitting freshman coming in?  

2 minutes ago, Thor said:

Only graduated 1 senior out of the line-up. 3 returning qualifiers and 8 semi-state qualifiers. We scored 50.5 at E.Chicago SS, Warren - 52.5, Carmel - 42.0 at N.C. SS; not that that means much. But we're going out bench press everyone next year for sure haha

11 minutes ago, WadeDuPont said:

The weak Jay County sectional pops up again.

I don't get why you guys get so mad about this?  The only thing these ratings are used for is to try to make the qualification process more accurate for smaller schools.  Do you feel that the wrong teams are being invited to team state?  If not then this really isn't as big of an issue as your making it out to be. 

Also it seems like the Jay County regional has had really good representation over the years at team state, that is all these are used for so I don't understand why this is brought up all the time on here.

From the info above... looks like Warren will be in. Looks like Mishawaka has a better case than Carmel. They have made great points. Also... I have been impressed by their middle school program for years. Great feeder program. 

Would like to hear from Carmel fans of why they should get the bid. 

All we the Jay County Regional participants are saying is that our regional should not be rated as the weakest regional in the state, as you said this regional has had really good representation over the years at team state as shown in this thread two of the teams have participated every year and that is not including Bellmont's success over the years. Once that is corrected we will quit complaining.

15 minutes ago, WadeDuPont said:

All we the Jay County Regional participants are saying is that our regional should not be rated as the weakest regional in the state, as you said this regional has had really good representation over the years at team state as shown in this thread two of the teams have participated every year and that is not including Bellmont's success over the years. Once that is corrected we will quit complaining.

Well that was an easy fix. Due to the last reshuffling of sectionals your regional is currently not rated as the easiest in the state according numbers used to determine team state.  In fact if the list is by rating order before the numbers were rounded then Jay Co. is ahead of 4 other regionals.  You should have said that’s all you needed earlier and it could have saved you several posts.   

Edited by MattM

If we are using bench press as the measuring tool, which Welch's bench should we use?  Chad has been lifting with Donehue, while Doug found the treadmill.

Heaven forbid if it's up to Doug's bench.

Greyhounds have not been notified if we're supposed to submit information for the committee.  We'll get Doug on protein powder today!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.