TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS - 130/132

base

Jayruss had idea of showing a seeded bracket from last 16 years. Had to combine some weights. Seeding based on

1. Winning pct - shows dominance that season
  2. Grade - gives advantage to more experience
  3. Number of state titles - advantage to continued success (last number on each line)
  4. Season wins

image.png.5fdd3d5b51c91819c20553644058b6e3.png

Wow....how deep is a weight when Angel Escobedo is the 9 seed with a 52-1 record?  If I remember correctly, his only loss that year was to a nationally ranked kid from Illinois and it was a one point match.  

Holy cow....seeing some other names and their seeds is amazing.  Indiana has churned out some solid talent.

This would be fun to watch!

Edited by hogleg

I think the seeding is off but here are my picks

First round winners

red 

Tsirtsis 

escobedo

mckinley 

——

wilson

Hernandez 

galka

humphrey

second round 

red over tsirtsis 

angel over mckinley

-

Hernandez over wilson

Humphrey over Galka 

third round

angel over redd

humphrey over Hernandez 

finals

angel over Reece 

Yeah, seeds way, way too low for sophomore JT, junior Angel, and sophomore Nick Lee. They were already competing with the top few guys in the country by then--something that couldn't be said about your seeds 3-8 in general. JT knocked off a senior-in-high school Fargo national champ as a freshman--and this was a year later. He's only behind Red, Reece, and two others I mentioned at most.

On 2/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, base said:

Jayruss had idea of showing a seeded bracket from last 16 years. Had to combine some weights. Seeding based on

1. Winning pct - shows dominance that season
  2. Grade - gives advantage to more experience
  3. Number of state titles - advantage to continued success (last number on each line)
  4. Season wins

image.png.5fdd3d5b51c91819c20553644058b6e3.png

This is what I sent to Y2, you set the groundwork. “ Now the groundwork has been seeded and laid why not have the people decide. Maybe we can do a round by round voting each weight class. Would kill sometime until next season. “ 

1 hour ago, Jayruss said:

As a Soph ?

Absolutely!  He was healthy his sophomore year and didn’t get touched all year. His junior year, he hadn’t conditioned, trained or practiced for 10 months leading up to the final and still almost won.  

I am huge on Lee, and that was one helluva match. But Red was the best in his class so hard to see. I would’ve gave my bonus to see a Red vs Angel match . I am calling 8-7 Angel in OT

I don't think a soph Lee is beating Reece as a Senior.  I don't think soph Lee is beating soph Tshirts.  Lee is a great wrestler, but when everyone was talking about him beating Micic, Micic put it on him.  Then everyone talked about him beating Red and that one didn't happen either.  I think the confident upper classman wins it here.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.