TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS - 119/120

base

Jayruss had idea of showing a seeded bracket from last 16 years. Had to combine some weights. Seeding based on

1. Winning pct - shows dominance that season
  2. Grade - gives advantage to more experience
  3. Number of state titles - advantage to continued success (last number on each line)
  4. Season wins

image.png.84b5af44b5ff17c36b1e2154795547a5.png

On 2/26/2018 at 5:42 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Early over Hudkins.. Early was a STUD

Yeah I can switch my vote to early. His senior year he stepped up. 

He beat the ultra tough Sean schmaltz 8-1 in the state championship match. Former state champ John sheets got 3rd. Very strong senior  did he wrestle in college?

His junior season he got beat by the eventual state champ 4-3 in the semi finals. And he got beat by the former state champ for 3rd/4th by one point. 

As a sophomore, early beat the tough Senior, Zimmerman of Plainfield 6-1. Then he beat Matt jaggers 16-8. Jaggers was one of the all time best never to win a state title. Then he beat Sean schmaltz (future state champ and 4x placer) 9-4. 

He lost the state title match to Craig weinzapffel of Mater Dei. 

16 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Yeah I can switch my vote to early. His senior year he stepped up. 

He beat the ultra tough Sean schmaltz 8-1 in the state championship match. Former state champ John sheets got 3rd. Very strong senior  did he wrestle in college?

His junior season he got beat by the eventual state champ 4-3 in the semi finals. And he got beat by the former state champ for 3rd/4th by one point. 

As a sophomore, early beat the tough Senior, Zimmerman of Plainfield 6-1. Then he beat Matt jaggers 16-8. Jaggers was one of the all time best never to win a state title. Then he beat Sean schmaltz (future state champ and 4x placer) 9-4. 

He lost the state title match to Craig weinzapffel of Mater Dei. 

You're 100%right about jaggers too.. he beat early 16-8 for the fs state title that prior summer then early beat him at hs state by the same score... jaggers was unbeaten 2 years going into state.. losing a war to Sheets 7-6 he ended up 56-1 his Jr  then lost to some guy named angel in the finals... was a machine on his feet.. the poor man's Lincoln Mcilravey is what I called him lol  coz he loved Lincoln and emulated his style.. buttducks, ankle picks and blast doubles were top knotch.. his real record is 211-13 with 7 losses coming as a freshman..4x Sq 3x placer and runner up...His senior year I'll never forget he had #8 stud Settenerri from Carmel and matt teched him within the first 3 minutes in the ticket round.. he was on a mission not giving up a takedown til angel that year..And anther thing to speak to his legend was him losing 2x to russell Smiley of Warren central who bk then was an enigma cuz he placed at state like his 2nd year wrestling..Matt drew him ticket round his sophmore year and beat him in electrifying fashion anf smiley never was the same..I was spoiled wrestling along tough wrestlers and ill never forget it.. made some of my best friends til this day from wrestling... these brackets def have that nostalgia feeling to them.. keep the chatter going boys

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

On 2/27/2018 at 7:48 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Sean Schmaltz never won it..I beat John schmaltz of Cathedral but he didn't win it... he got 3rd and 6th irrc.. there might be another schmaltz though..

When was this?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.