Best state tournament

grappleapple

This year's state meet was great, as always - but, what is your favorite state finals and why?

For me, it was probably Chad Red's senior season. The electricity in the air for that Lee/Red match was one of the coolest things I've experienced in the sport.

Last year the most fun was the third-place heavyweight match.

I have two: 2015 and 2016. Much like the original post said, the build and electricity in the air for the Red/Lee Match was one of the coolest experiences, and also there was great wrestling all-around that year. 2015 was also just another excellent tournament. Highlighted by the shocking Lee upset over James in the semis, Oglesby’s backflip, Jordan Vaughn’s incredible run, Cash pinning J. Lee, Lydy’s overtime thriller, and Kobe Woods’ huge double leg on Morrow. That was some of the best wrestling I’d ever seen that year.

2003 was damn good..Dolly vs Mauer was unreal..Blake def has 3 of the best finals matches I can remember next to Brendan Campbell's 2 finals..Mauer vs Hobbs,Newport and Dolly were all sick sick matches..Hobbs cuts Blake giving up the lead and goes for the win..Newport came after  Blake like a madman and made it very memorable..Nate Newport was an absolute animal..Then the infamous  dolly war..And not to be forgotten his  semi finals match vs the specimen Jonathan Brownlee.was unreal 2..Brownlee was a absolute monster and 1 of the biggest 145ers I've ever seen.. anybody thay remembers him will vouch.. he took Blake to sudden death ot tried a throw and got taken down..Brownlee was a stud at greco.. Blake was more than battle tested and took care of business..top 5 bar none

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.