Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Wrestlingaddict101 said:

Brayton beat Joe not to long ago. I believe it was before their junior years at super 32. I could be wrong on when and where it was.

You said Brayton beat joe. You misspoke...

4 minutes ago, Wrestlingaddict101 said:

Backtothemat asked how brayton faired against the kid who beat joe... I was saying joe lost to him (Ruffin) in overtime and the brayton beat him (Ruffin) 5-1

I see what you were trying to say here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, navy80 said:

You said Brayton beat joe. You misspoke...

I see what you were trying to say here

Yea that's my bad sorry. I said earlier that Brayton beat joe and that I believe it was at the super 32 but I could be wrong. Well then joe said it wasn't at super 32 and I looked and Joe was right. Well then backtothemat asked what he did so I was answering to that haha... Probably my fault. Joe lee lost to Ruffin at the super 32 and then Brayton Lee beat ruffin at the super 32 5-1. But im still thinking Brayton beat Joe at an offseason tournament within the last few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This match-up is very interesting. They both have a common loss in Bethel by fall. They have a common win in Warren with Brayton winning 10-6 and Joe winning 19-5. However, Brayton has consistently performed better on the national level, placing higher in the same tournaments, and beating wrestlers that Joe has lost to. If they matched up, I would expect the strength to be on Joe’s side but the technique and speed on Brayton’s side. I don’t see either being rode out, but I see B. Lee being able to fluster Joe and staying composed and winning the scramble positions. In my opinion, B. Lee does the little things a lot better which would make a big difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This ladies and gentlemen is the definitive answer.  There can be no dispute - These results would transfer to now easily!

ISWA Folkstyle State Finals (03/07 - 03/07/2010)
    NOVICE - 75 (1st)
        Champ. Round 1: Joe Lee (mater dei) over () (Bye) 
        Champ. Round 2: Joe Lee (mater dei) over Zachary Sheets (Contenders Wrestling Academy) (Fall 1:42) 
        Champ. Round 3: Joe Lee (mater dei) over Jimmy Marshall (PAWS Elite) (Dec 4-0) 
        Quarterfinal: Joe Lee (mater dei) over Azariah Ellis (ZWMS) (Fall 0:39) 
        Semifinal: Joe Lee (mater dei) over Brayton Lee (Red Cobra Wrestling Academy) (Dec 7-0) 
        1st Place Match: Joe Lee (mater dei) over Noah Warren (Perry Meridian) (Fall 1:20) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bluechipper said:

This match-up is very interesting. They both have a common loss in Bethel by fall. They have a common win in Warren with Brayton winning 10-6 and Joe winning 19-5. However, Brayton has consistently performed better on the national level, placing higher in the same tournaments, and beating wrestlers that Joe has lost to. If they matched up, I would expect the strength to be on Joe’s side but the technique and speed on Brayton’s side. I don’t see either being rode out, but I see B. Lee being able to fluster Joe and staying composed and winning the scramble positions. In my opinion, B. Lee does the little things a lot better which would make a big difference.

That's totally untrue.  Brayton finished higher than Joe in ONE tournament.   Joe has a better off-season resume.  I'll list a few accomplishments below.  But the bottom line is we are splitting hairs here.  Every time I correct someone or provide accurate information, I feel like I am making a case for Joe.  I'm not!  I think both are excellent and I truly think they would split a series of matches.  But let's at least speak the truth....

2016 Joe finished 2nd at UWW Cadet Freestyle Nationals, making it to to a best of three finals, losing to David Carr.
2016 - Brayton finished 3rd in the same tournament one weight class down

Joe is a Fargo Cadet Freestyle National Champ July 2015
Brayton finished 3rd at the same event, one weight down

Joe finished 2nd at US Open Junior Freestyle Nationals 2017 - Joe avenged his earlier loss to David Carr in the semis then dropped the final to Griffin Parriot

There is another national tournament Joe won but I can't find it.  It was a tournament on Flo not TW.  

So 2 National Titles for Joe.  

They both have great resumes, but to say Brayton has consistently performed better on the national level is just inaccurate.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, SWINfan said:

I'm not saying who would win, but you don't  think Joe has gotten experience wrestling against college wrestlers and practicing in the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club?  And one tournament this summer where they didn't meet each other doesn't say a lot.  Both wrestlers have great off-season accomplishments.  The only thing I'll say is that in a best of 51 series, Lee wins 26-25.  

The weird part was seeing Joe at Evansville Semi-State watching when he could have been wrestling.  But I get what they're trying to do.

I think Joe has gotten a lot of experience, but that is irrelevant. The topics is the Joe that won state last year versus the Brayton that won this year.  These two are both such high caliber that a year of experience means a ton of growth. That’s why I’m saying Brayton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SWINfan said:

This ladies and gentlemen is the definitive answer.  There can be no dispute - These results would transfer to now easily!

ISWA Folkstyle State Finals (03/07 - 03/07/2010)
    NOVICE - 75 (1st)
        Champ. Round 1: Joe Lee (mater dei) over () (Bye) 
        Champ. Round 2: Joe Lee (mater dei) over Zachary Sheets (Contenders Wrestling Academy) (Fall 1:42) 
        Champ. Round 3: Joe Lee (mater dei) over Jimmy Marshall (PAWS Elite) (Dec 4-0) 
        Quarterfinal: Joe Lee (mater dei) over Azariah Ellis (ZWMS) (Fall 0:39) 
        Semifinal: Joe Lee (mater dei) over Brayton Lee (Red Cobra Wrestling Academy) (Dec 7-0) 
        1st Place Match: Joe Lee (mater dei) over Noah Warren (Perry Meridian) (Fall 1:20) 

Pretty interesting weight class with the top five all winning state titles
1st Place - Joe Lee of mater dei
2nd Place - Noah Warren of Perry Meridian
3rd Place - Brad Laughlin of Yorktown Wrestling Club
4th Place - Brendan Black of CIA NWI
5th Place - Brayton Lee of Red Cobra Wrestling Academy

6th Place - Azariah Ellis of ZWMS
7th Place - Tanner DeMien of northwood wrestling club
8th Place - Jimmy Marshall of PAWS Elite

Others in the weight
Tanner DeMien- 4 time qualifier
Jack Tolin- 2 time placer
Nate Weimer- 3 time qualifier
Kyle Hatch- 3 time placer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, TripleB said:

Mike Ditka Vs. B Lee Vs. J Lee - TLC Match, and go......

Is this mini Ditka or regular size Ditka?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

106: Brayden Curtis (2017) vs. Jacob Moran (2018)         Curtis Dec  3-0    '17

113: Alec Viduya (2017) vs. Brayden Curtis (2018)           Curtis Dec 3-3

120: Cayden Rooks (2017) vs. Hunter Watts (2018)         Rooks Dec  6-3    '17

126: Alec White (2017) vs. Asa Garcia (2018)                   Garcia Dec  6-6

132: Breyden Bailey (2017) vs. Graham Rooks (2018)      Bailey Dec 9-6  '17

138: Brenden Black (2017) vs. Kris Rumph (2018)             Black Dec 12-6   '17

145: Brayton Lee (2017) vs. Jordan Slivka (2018)             Lee Tech Fall 17-6 '17

152: Joe Lee (2017) vs. Brayton Lee (2018)                      B. Lee Dec.  17-9 '17

160: Brad Laughlin (2017) vs. Nicholas South (2018)         South Dec.  17-12  '17

170: Eli Stock (2017) vs. Noah Warren (2018)                    Warren Dec. 17-15  '17

182: Jacob Gray (2017) vs. Conner Graber (2018)            Graber Dec.  18-17   '18

195: Andrew Davison (2017) vs. Lucas Davison (2018)     A. Davison Dec.  20-18  '17

220: Mason Parris (2017) vs. Mason Parris (2018)             M. Parris18 Dec.  21-20 '18

285: Evan Ellis (2017) vs. Eli Pokorney (2018)                   Pokorney Dec.  24-20 Class of 18 wins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be so sure that Rumph doesn't win his match.  He beat Black once last year, but the last 6 weeks he has been on a roll!  I am also fully biased, and I am not afraid to say that.  But I still think Senior Black vs. Senior Rumph would be a real fun one to watch and think Rumph takes the match.  Again, a Portage coach and obviously this is theoretical at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

imho

106 Moran '18 dec Curtis '17 5-4

113 Curtis '18 dec Viduya '17 5-2

120 Watts '18 dec Rooks '17 3-2

126 White '17 dec Garcia '18 6-4 Sv

132 Bailey '17 dec Rooks '18 4-2

138 Rumph '18 over Black '17 6-5

145 B Lee '17 over Slivka '18 15-5

152 J Lee '17 over B Lee '18 7-5

160 Laughlin '17 over South '18 4-2

170 Warren '18 over Stock '17 5-3

182 Gray '17 over Graber '18 4-1

195 A Davison over L.Davison 8-4

220 Parris '18 over Parris '17 5-4 Utb

285 Ellis '18 dec Pokorney '17 5-2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2018 at 1:44 PM, leggin89 said:

I wouldn't be so sure that Rumph doesn't win his match.  He beat Black once last year, but the last 6 weeks he has been on a roll!  I am also fully biased, and I am not afraid to say that.  But I still think Senior Black vs. Senior Rumph would be a real fun one to watch and think Rumph takes the match.  Again, a Portage coach and obviously this is theoretical at this point.

Black had the flu... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2018 at 1:04 PM, nkraus said:

106: Brayden Curtis (2017) vs. Jacob Moran (2018)         Curtis Dec  3-0    '17

113: Alec Viduya (2017) vs. Brayden Curtis (2018)           Curtis Dec 3-3

120: Cayden Rooks (2017) vs. Hunter Watts (2018)         Rooks Dec  6-3    '17

126: Alec White (2017) vs. Asa Garcia (2018)                   Garcia Dec  6-6

132: Breyden Bailey (2017) vs. Graham Rooks (2018)      Bailey Dec 9-6  '17

138: Brenden Black (2017) vs. Kris Rumph (2018)             Black Dec 12-6   '17

145: Brayton Lee (2017) vs. Jordan Slivka (2018)             Lee Tech Fall 17-6 '17

152: Joe Lee (2017) vs. Brayton Lee (2018)                      B. Lee Dec.  17-9 '17

160: Brad Laughlin (2017) vs. Nicholas South (2018)         South Dec.  17-12  '17

170: Eli Stock (2017) vs. Noah Warren (2018)                    Warren Dec. 17-15  '17

182: Jacob Gray (2017) vs. Conner Graber (2018)            Graber Dec.  18-17   '18

195: Andrew Davison (2017) vs. Lucas Davison (2018)     A. Davison Dec.  20-18  '17

220: Mason Parris (2017) vs. Mason Parris (2018)             M. Parris18 Dec.  21-20 '18

285: Evan Ellis (2017) vs. Eli Pokorney (2018)                   Pokorney Dec.  24-20 Class of 18 wins.

I would have to pick Eli stock over warren. Warren got beat by van horn and Eli stock has lost one to van horn and beat him 2x 

Edited by Clements.3x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, leggin89 said:

As did Rumph the last two weeks of the season!

I was kidding...that’s all I heard for last 2 weeks of season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Clements.3x said:

I would have to pick Eli stock over warren. Warren got beat by van horn and Eli stock has lost one to van horn and beat him 2x 

Congrats  I think Noah was a Sophomore  and lost by 1 or 2 pts  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn’t mind if someone took the time to bracket out the last 16 years and weight classes and let it play out. Whomever were to pull off the feat I have a case of adult beverage ready for you upon completion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jayruss said:

I wouldn’t mind if someone took the time to bracket out the last 16 years and weight classes and let it play out. Whomever were to pull off the feat I have a case of adult beverage ready for you upon completion 

I would be interested in trying this but one major problem is the changes in weight classes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a list of champions (displays best on desktop) from the last seven years with the current weight classes plus 2011 with the old weights (I may have misspelled a name or school) 

As mentioned, the weight class changes make it challenging to create a 16-person bracket. The old 130-135-140 weight classes now are 132-138 and in the upper weights the old 189-215 is now 182-195-220. 

Taking the last seven, you can run them through an 8-man bracket with the top seed getting a bye. Someone with far more knowledge would have to seed them.
 

Weight Class 106 113 120 126 132 138 145 152 160 170 182 195 220 285
2018 Jacob Moran, Portage (Jr., 34-2) Brayden Curtis, Yorktown (Jr., 40-0) Hunter Watts, Jimtown (Jr., 44-1) Asa Garcia, Avon (Jr., 39-4) Graham Rooks, Columbus East (Sr., 48-0) Kris Rumph, Portage (Sr., 32-4) Jordan Slivka, Cathedral (Jr., 43-3) Brayton Lee, Brownsburg (Sr., 34-0) Nick South, Columbus East (Jr., 48-1) Noah Warren, Perry Meridian (Sr., 46-1) Conner Graber, Northridge (Sr., 48-1) Lucas Davison, Chesterton (Sr., 52-0) Mason Parris, Lawrenceburg (Sr., 47-0) Eli Pokorney, Chesterton (Jr., 42-0)
2017 Brayden Curtis, Yorktown (So., 43-0) Alec Viduya, Roncalli (Fr., 47-2) Cayden Rooks, Columbus East (So., 46-1) Alec White, New Palestine (Sr., 39-1) Breyden Bailey, Cathedral (Sr., 42-1) Brendan Black, Hobart (Sr., 30-1) Brayton Lee, Brownsburg (Jr., 46-0) Joe Lee, Mater Dei (Jr., 36-0) Brad Laughlin, Yorktown (Sr., 46-1) Eli Stock, Monrovia (Sr., 41-2) Jacob Gray, Delta (Sr., 42-2) Andrew Davison, Chesterton (Sr., 42-0) Mason Parris, Lawrenceburg (Sr., 47-0) Evan Ellis, Eastern (Sr., 46-0)
2016 Asa Garcia, Avon (Fr., 36-6) Colton Cummings, Lowell (Jr., 46-0) Drew HIldebrandt, Penn (Sr., 46-1) Brock Hudkins, Danville (Sr., 47-0) Chad Red, New Palestine (Sr., 44-0) Brayton Lee, Brownsburg (So., 43-0) Joe Lee, Mater Dei (So., 32-2) Trent Pruitt, Warren Central (Jr., 45-2) Jacob Covaciu, Merriville (Sr., 42-0) Drew Hughes, Lowell (Sr., 47-0) Blake Rypel, Cathedral (Sr., 45-0) Jake Kleimola, Lake Central (Sr., 43-1) Mason Parris, Lawrenceburg (Sr., 47-0) Shawn Streck, Merrillville (Sr., 45-0)
2015 Colton Cummings, Lowell (So., 45-1) Garrett Pepple, East Noble (Sr., 46-0) Brock Hudkins, Danville (Jr., 33-0) Chad Red, New Palestine (Jr., 47-0) Nick Lee, Mater Dei (So., 35-0) Tommy Cash, Lawrence North (Sr., 45-2) Jacob Covaciu, Merriville (Jr., 44-1) Tommy Forte, Mishawaka (Sr., 37-0) Drew Hughes, Lowell (Jr., 44-0) Dylan Lydy, Ben Davis (Sr., 46-0) Chase Osborn, Penn (Sr., 39-0) Blake Rypel, Cathedral (Jr., 46-0) Kobe Woods, Penn (Jr., 44-0) Shawn Streck, Merrillville (Sr., 45-0)
2014 Jeremiah Reitz, Griffith (Fr., 45-1) DJ Smith, Franklin Community (Sr., 39-1) Chad Red, New Palestine (So., 44-0) Stevan Micic, Hanover Central (Sr., 42-0) Deondre Wilson, Warren Central (Sr., 39-0) Tommy Cash, Lawrence North (Sr., 45-2) Cody LeCount, Perry Meridian (Sr., 44-0) Brendon Kelley, Evansville Central (Sr., 50-0) Rhett Hiestand, Yorktown (Sr., 47-2) Jacob Stevenson, Franklin Community (Jr., 40-1) Damien Chambers, Edgewood (Sr., 44-1) Katrell Moss, Warren Central (Sr., 31-2) Gelen Robinson, Lake Central (Sr., 52-0) Wesley Bernard, Cathedral (Sr., 49-0)
2013 Chad Red, New Palestine (Fr., 48-0) Stevan Micic, Hanover Central (Jr., 48-0) Deondre Wilson, Warren Central (Jr., 38-0) Nick Crume, Jimtown (Sr., 38-0) Cody LeCount, Perry Meridian (Jr., 40-0) Tommy Forte, Mishawaka (So., 46-0) Neal Malloy, Danville (Sr., 43-0) Josh Farrell, Greenfield Central (Sr., 48-0) Riley McClurg, Perry Meridian (Sr., 37-3) Bobby Steveson, Merriville (So., 39-0) Matt Hurford, Culver Community (Sr., 47-0) Mitch Sliga, Fishers (Sr., 49-0) Gelen Robinson, Lake Central (Sr., 52-0) Donte Winfield, Perry Meridian (Sr., 41-2)
2012 Stevan Micic, Hanover Central (So., 47-0) Jarred Brooks, Warsaw (Sr., 35-0) Paul Petrov, Hanover Central (Sr., 47-0) Kyle Ayersman, Lake Central (Sr., 52-0) Jared McKinley, Perry Meridian (Sr., 48-1) Devon Jackson, Yorktown (Sr., 52-0) Jason Tsirtsis, Crown Point (Sr., 42-0) Isaiah Bradley, Muncie South (Jr., 44-0) Brian Harvey, Cathedral (Sr., 47-0) Sean Mappes, Center Grove (Sr. 46-0) Tanner Lynde, Delphi (Sr., 52-0) Mitch Sliga, Fishers (Jr., 49-0) Tyler Kral, Crown Point (Sr., 41-2) Abraham Hall, Bremen (Sr., 50-0)
Edited by thejingram

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.