CoachDuke2.0

I know we have talked about this multiple times. I just wanted to say thank you to all of the 126 lb wrestlers for staying at the weight and not dropping to 120 or bumping up to 132. (Obviously some couldn't because they had great team mates at the weight above and below.) Watching all 4 of the semi finalists walk out on to the mat was maybe the most excited I have ever been at the state tournament outside of red vs lee. Then you look on the outside mats and realize there are 4 other guys who are semi finalist/finalist caliber level as well, that came up short. All legends in my eyes. Thats the deepest weight class I have ever seen in my 18 years of watching the state finals. Obviously that is debatable but these guys made a very strong argument and have my vote. That was a blast and this is a sincere THANK YOU! 

-nick duke 

Edited by CoachDuke2.0

Add to this the notion that there were (2) additional wrestlers at this weight that could have possibly placed if they had not drawn Mills & Garcia in the ticket round at the E'ville SS.

Egli of MD lost to Garcia 4-1 & Willis of Castle lost 5-1 to Mills. When you consider that fact that all (4) qualifiers from the E'ville SS placed & three of them (Garcia, Rooks, Mills) finished 1,2,3, it is easy to see that 126 at E'ville was brutal.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.