Zach Melloh Family

ZachsDad

Dear 138 pound weight class at state finals,

Congrats to all of you, lots of fierce competitors, and you should all be proud! Wrestling is the ultimate teacher of life lessons, so learn what you can from your experience!

Kris Rumph

You are a great wrestler and competitor and your interview showed some great character.  You have overcome a lot in life and I hope you understand that your wrestling achievements can transfer to anything you chose to pursue in life.  The Melloh family will look forward to seeing good things for you in the future, and will say a special prayer for Kris Rumph today at church.  Looking forward to rooting for you, not against you!  

Blake Mulkey

You are an awesome wrestler. Blake, you have a great wrestling future,  and we wish you the best.  Sometimes things don’t go your way, it will make you stronger if you let it.

Dawson Combest

We wish you the best at Uindy.  It truly seems like yesterday that you and Zach were battling it out for ISWA state finals.  I miss those days already.  Uindy is getting a good one and we know you will do great in wrestling and school.  Count your blessings son, you have an awesome support group with Columbus East wrestling family!  That’s a good group!  I will always hold Coach Trapp in high regard..... I saw how much he did for you guys with the youth program. What a great guy and mentor!

Lastly, to my son, Zach Melloh

With tears of pride, I want to tell you that I love you and I am so proud of you.  My sadness only comes from knowing this chapter is over.  I didn’t appreciate the ride like I should have while I was living it.......through wrestling, you have helped us grow as a family and expand our faith.  So few people know what you have been through to get to where you were yesterday. But God does and your family does, and we are proud to call you our son and your siblings are proud of their brother.  Part of trying to live a Christ centered life means that sometimes the target on your back gets bigger.  It’s ok, keep fighting the good fight.  Keep grinding and doing the right things in life.  With a heart full of pride for the young man you have become, looking forward to the next chapter. 

Your biggest fan club,

Dad, Mom, Corinne, Alex, and Cecelia

(Nick Melloh)

2 hours ago, ZachsDad said:

Dear 138 pound weight class at state finals,

Congrats to all of you, lots of fierce competitors, and you should all be proud! Wrestling is the ultimate teacher of life lessons, so learn what you can from your experience!

Kris Rumph

You are a great wrestler and competitor and your interview showed some great character.  You have overcome a lot in life and I hope you understand that your wrestling achievements can transfer to anything you chose to pursue in life.  The Melloh family will look forward to seeing good things for you in the future, and will say a special prayer for Kris Rumph today at church.  Looking forward to rooting for you, not against you!  

Blake Mulkey

You are an awesome wrestler. Blake, you have a great wrestling future,  and we wish you the best.  Sometimes things don’t go your way, it will make you stronger if you let it.

Dawson Combest

We wish you the best at Uindy.  It truly seems like yesterday that you and Zach were battling it out for ISWA state finals.  I miss those days already.  Uindy is getting a good one and we know you will do great in wrestling and school.  Count your blessings son, you have an awesome support group with Columbus East wrestling family!  That’s a good group!  I will always hold Coach Trapp in high regard..... I saw how much he did for you guys with the youth program. What a great guy and mentor!

Lastly, to my son, Zach Melloh

With tears of pride, I want to tell you that I love you and I am so proud of you.  My sadness only comes from knowing this chapter is over.  I didn’t appreciate the ride like I should have while I was living it.......through wrestling, you have helped us grow as a family and expand our faith.  So few people know what you have been through to get to where you were yesterday. But God does and your family does, and we are proud to call you our son and your siblings are proud of their brother.  Part of trying to live a Christ centered life means that sometimes the target on your back gets bigger.  It’s ok, keep fighting the good fight.  Keep grinding and doing the right things in life.  With a heart full of pride for the young man you have become, looking forward to the next chapter. 

Your biggest fan club,

Dad, Mom, Corinne, Alex, and Cecelia

(Nick Melloh)

Nick and Zach

We have nothing but the ultimate amount of respect and appreciation for you and your family.. it does seem just like yesterday that Zach and Daws battled as youngsters, Zach always pushed Dawson to be better and share a special friendship.. Zach is a outstanding young man way past being a outstanding wrestler.. Purdue got the total package in Zach .. We will be cheering and following him and his career...

Blake Mulkey 

Thank you for being such a great kid and bringing out the best in the Columbus East opponents (especially Daws) , after the matches were over , you were back to always joking and being a good kid to be around ...We wish you nothing but the best with your next stop ...

Kris Rumph 

The semifinals was the first  time that Daws got to wrestle you but of course we had heard so much about your ability and skills , you didn’t disappoint on your showing on that big stage.. Dawson said that was the most fun he ever had in a match , of course I was beyond nervous but you both pushed each to overtime coming up with the win .. Congratulations to you and your family...

This weight class was very deep and talented  .. Every round , it seemed like we had a ranked wrestler with a competitive spirit to the end .. it was truly a life experience and privilege to be in the mix..

The Combest Family 

Edited by eastdad18

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.