Graber / Walton

boomer

No ones is talking about it but I thought this was the best match of the night. They really went at it and left it on the mat. I want to say congratulations to Conner for getting it done when most people thought that Nathan was the favorite. Great match guys.

Edited by boomer

I was in awe how many times Graber got in on Walton legs in the final period.. and he avoided the most  dreaded chin whip since Dustin  Nosko..Graber was the poster child of emptying the gas tank..Walton has been so fun the last few years to watch and he's one of the better guys not to win a title in recent years..3 straight semi finals appearances like Mappes but came up short.. regardless I def be following both of these fine wrestlers college careers. 

11 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I was in awe how many times Graber got in on Walton legs in the final period.. and he avoided the most  dreaded chin whip since Dustin  Nosko..Graber was the poster child of emptying the gas tank..Walton has been so fun the last few years to watch and he's one of the better guys not to win a title in recent years..3 straight semi finals appearances like Mappes but came up short.. regardless I def be following both of these fine wrestlers college careers. 

I'd put Walton right alongside Ty Mills in that category 

2 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

I'd put Walton right alongside Ty Mills in that category 

Yessir... and what about kasper.. you know Indiana is loaded when NATIONALLY ranked kid gets 6th...  similar to Kobe woods.. ranked nationally then losing twice at state.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Couldn’t happen for a nicer kid, and great for this school and community. I went and watched Conner at semi-state last year but didn’t see last years finals. Got to meet him briefly and congratulate him last week when he broke my record. I’ve been around wrestling my whole life and coached lots of kids too, Conner is a true class act. Congrats to him, his family, school, and coaches. Great match, great win, great career. Best of luck in your future.  Go Raiders! 

On 2/17/2018 at 11:35 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

How about the likes of Tristen Tonte or Vinny Cosaro. Both were 3x finalist and ran into buzzsaws. 

51 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Yes they both were animals.. was stunned carisaro lost his senior year..Tonte had killers every year too.

Jacob Tonte was a phenomenal wrestler as well. I believe 50-0 (or something to that effect) before being unable to wrestle at state his senior year. Would have had to beat one of the Welch twins which he was likely capable of but the Welch twins were studs.

It was fun watching the Walton/Graber match. One thing that really, really stood out about Walton was his poise in the first period after giving up the initial take down. He didn't seem phased at all. The 3rd period, especially the last :30 seconds, seemed out of character in comparison to the other 5.5 minutes of the match. Graber wrestled a very good match. You can tell he had a great gas tank.

Edited by SunDevils

29 minutes ago, SunDevils said:

Jacob Tonte was a phenomenal wrestler as well. I believe 50-0 (or something to that effect) before being unable to wrestle at state his senior year. Would have had to beat one of the Welch twins which he was likely capable of but the Welch twins were studs.

It was fun watching the Walton/Graber match. One thing that really, really stood out about Walton was his poise in the first period after giving up the initial take down. He didn't seem phased at all. The 3rd period, especially the last :30 seconds, seemed out of character in comparison to the other 5.5 minutes of the match. Graber wrestled a very good match. You can tell he had a great gas tank.

Rypel beat tonte as well..Tonte should be in the HOF 1 day regardless..3x runner up is ridiculous

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

I might be biased but if you look at the number of shots taken it was Graber 10 and Walton 1.... Walton had on great take down from a shot he took..The take down Walton in the second period was after a scramble after Graber's shot... Graber was clearly the aggressor in the match even if the score did not show it....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.