Most losses

leaveitonthemat

1 hour ago, Mattman4097 said:

Not necessarily...Stits from Center Grove who was not the top cede in sectionals and had 10 losses pinned his way to a sectional and regional championships...just peaked at the right time.

I was trying to be sarcastic...

Some wrestlers do get hot when things get serious...

If we weren’t limited to mostly Indiana competition, we would see some of our best with multiple losses guaranteed. Not to mention our depth isn’t near that of our neighbors Illinois, Michigan, and Ohio. Those states, it’s common to see a champ with 6 or 7 losses, and they’re nationally ranked competitors.

On 2/17/2018 at 7:43 AM, Mattman4097 said:

Not necessarily...Stits from Center Grove who was not the top cede in sectionals and had 10 losses pinned his way to a sectional and regional championships...just peaked at the right time.

Had a heck of a run. Racked up a bunch of falls and was fun to watch from sectionals on.

1 hour ago, Ironbear said:

Here's a better question who had the least amount of matches in a year to win it?

Larry McMillen Lowell 13 wins in 1966

Don Heintzelman Delta 16 wins in 1981

Dustin Nosko EMD 23 wins in 2003

Steven Stahl Elkhart Memorial 29 wins in 2008

8 hours ago, Wrestlingaddict101 said:

Jose Escobedo was 10-0 coming in to state. Ended up 13-1 and taking 2nd in the state his sophmore year. So 14 matches the entire year. I was guessing 3 at sectionals, 3 at regionals, 4 at semi state, and 4 at state 

Back then it would have been: 

3 at Semi-State, as Regional Champs got a first round bye up until 2008 I believe

1 hour ago, NavyGonzo said:

Back then it would have been: 

3 at Semi-State, as Regional Champs got a first round bye up until 2008 I believe

I'm pretty sure this was 2002 so sectionals would have been only 2 matches... I believe they went to team regionals if they made the finals that would be 2 more, 3 for regionals, and 3 for semi state. That would be 10-0 going into Friday night.

3 hours ago, bbulldog152 said:

I'm pretty sure this was 2002 so sectionals would have been only 2 matches... I believe they went to team regionals if they made the finals that would be 2 more, 3 for regionals, and 3 for semi state. That would be 10-0 going into Friday night.

Makes sense... I was just using 2008 (Maybe 2009) as the reference for the first year they added the 4th place regional finisher to the semi-state brackets... I kind of preferred it that way, because the 3rd place match at Regional had some pretty big stakes...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.